Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CML

vCash

Shout-out to CML

I've been calling this offensive scheme out since season 1 like several others. I have had hopes that Leach would adapt and until today, I hadn't seen much substantial change. Today, though, was different. Those two-back sets and making the offensive line assert their will until the aggies decided to put more men in the box worked to perfection. I loved it. That's how you play football in this league with Mississippi boys. It was a wonderful game plan that absolutely exposed their defense.

We also finally played a complete game in all three phases. That blocked punt for a score brought back memories of Jacky and those great special teams units. Proud of our coaches and players today and have hopes for the future of this season.

And another thing. I'm so glad Will Rogers is on our team and representing us. He has big days ahead.

vCash
    We go as our OL goes.

If our OL is picking up whatever is being thrown at them, the offense & thus the team will likely roll.

We only really seem to struggle vs teams with top end pass rushers.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I said it in an earlier thread, when we are clicking we look like we can beat anyone. When we aren't, we look like a JV high school team. There's no middle ground. It's either scorched earth or draught. I don't think there's a game left on the schedule we can't win or lose. That's how crazy it is.

vCash
    The changes in the ol the last 2 weeks have made a huge difference in pass pro and run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    The changes in the ol the last 2 weeks have made a huge difference in pass pro and run game.
    Yes I agree there. But we also made some much needed scheme tweaks to allow our offensive line to have the upper hand. Like running the ball until the defense couldn't just pin their ears back every play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yes I agree there. But we also made some much needed scheme tweaks to allow our offensive line to have the upper hand. Like running the ball until the defense couldn't just pin their ears back every play.
    And to think Dillon Johnson is getting almost 6 yards per carry. Love watching this guy run and play.

vCash
    Yes I agree with you on that too.

vCash
    Thing is - I don't think Leach really has tweaked the O that much. Go look at his stats at Texas Tech - his best teams there averaged 20-25 runs a game and 100-125 rushing yards a game. But it took till the 3rd year before the run game started taking shape.

I think it just takes players getting in grained into the system and the QB calling the right checks.

vCash
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Thing is - I don't think Leach really has tweaked the O that much. Go look at his stats at Texas Tech - his best teams there averaged 20-25 runs a game and 100-125 rushing yards a game. But it took till the 3rd year before the run game started taking shape.

I think it just takes players getting in grained into the system and the QB calling the right checks.
    Yeah this is true too. We've also been using Dillon Johnson as a blocking back on some of our run plays and he's been doing a great job.

vCash
    Play calling was great today!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

This.

That 2008 Texas Tech team ran the ball a lot. Baron Batch was hell on the ground for Tech.

vCash
    #RTGDF and good things happen
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    #RTGDF and good things happen
    Yep, balance and not being too predictable or one dimensional can be a winning O. Showed some things today. We have the players to run the ball. No we won't run for 200 a game but we can do 100-150 like we showed today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep, balance and not being too predictable or one dimensional can be a winning O. Showed some things today. We have the players to run the ball. No we won't run for 200 a game but we can do 100-150 like we showed today.
    Heck if we can run for 100 a game we're gonna be a handful. As you said just like today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We go as our OL goes.

If our OL is picking up whatever is being thrown at them, the offense & thus the team will likely roll.

We only really seem to struggle vs teams with top end pass rushers.
    Shout out to the blocking by Dillon Johnson and Marks too. They picked up blitzes and we didn't dump it down to them 20 times like usual.

Credit to Leach or whoever for moving Justin Robinson from 3rd string X to 1st string Z. Guys a talent.

vCash
    Heck if we can run for 100 a game we're gonna be a handful. As you said just like today
    Exactly!

That strike to Rara for that 70 yard TD was b/c the A&M defense was looking for a run. The safety on that side was up to stop the run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Shout out to the blocking by Dillon Johnson and Marks too. They picked up blitzes and we didn't dump it down to them 20 times like usual.

Credit to Leach or whoever for moving Justin Robinson from 3rd string X to 1st string Z. Guys a talent.
    Good call. Robinson had a heck of a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

Great post all the way around! Robinson can be a difference maker.

vCash
    That middle screen play to the RB was beautiful. Not sure I've seen that this year.