Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crowd.

vCash
    The crowd wasn't too bad from what I saw on t.v. It definetly wasn't a packed stadium but it looked fairly full and loud from what I saw.

vCash
    Auburn looks full, can?t see the upper deck, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    This isn't just an MSU problem. Lot of stuff affecting college football attendance these days.
    NFL attendance is rising. CFB better figure something out
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    How many TAM tickets sold?
    Next to nothing.

vCash
    CFB attendance been dropping for a decade. Biggest decline in history last year. It's not just an MSU thing

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    CFB attendance been dropping for a decade. Biggest decline in history last year. It's not just an MSU thing
    They've managed to eliminate a lot of folks by pricing them out. We are one of the few sec teams who have economy priced tickets. I don't mind the upper deck, but my kids and wife are both terrified of heights. To get decent seats for a sec game my family of 4 of looking at $350-400 for tickets. Then paying for parking, food, clothes, souvenirs for the kids and gas, it's between $600-750 for single game tickets from the ticket office. Trying to buy from individuals is worse. It's to the point where you have to start thinking do I want to take a couple of decent family vacations or a couple of football games a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    They've managed to eliminate a lot of folks by pricing them out. We are one of the few sec teams who have economy priced tickets. I don't mind the upper deck, but my kids and wife are both terrified of heights. To get decent seats for a sec game my family of 4 of looking at $350-400 for tickets. Then paying for parking, food, clothes, souvenirs for the kids and gas, it's between $600-750 for single game tickets from the ticket office. Trying to buy from individuals is worse. It's to the point where you have to start thinking do I want to take a couple of decent family vacations or a couple of football games a year.
    This^^

That?s why I only go to 1 maybe 2 per year and never a high priced game.

Most years arkansas , Kentucky , A&M, and a lower tier east team at Davis Wade is usually affordable .

I never go to a LSU, auburn , or bama because of the prices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Well, NFL attendance has been rising, so CFB better figure it out or go the way of the Roman Empire.

Personally, you can't have 3 SUPER TEAMS & everyone else not playing for anything
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Well, NFL attendance has been rising, so CFB better figure it out or go the way of the Roman Empire.

Personally, you can't have 3 SUPER TEAMS & everyone else not playing for anything
    100% agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I know a bunch of older State fans that opted to go to the Arkansas game rather than A&M. The crowd next Saturday should be pretty good.
    It's at 11. It won't be much better. Today was bad.

vCash

Comparing the nfl to college is ridiculous. NFL has 32 teams, all in big cities. Every single week, people who don't give a crap about an nfl team take their family to an nfl game for the one time opportunity to do it. Lots of people from here go to a Dallas game once a year. It's not even remotely close to the same thing. Didn't you get tired enough talking about it on genes page colonel?

vCash
    Same here. Even ten years ago, I didn't want to pay what it cost for an SEC game. I would usually go to a non-SEC game. But it's just not worth the money to me anymore. I've lost a lot of interest in college football in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's at 11. It won't be much better. Today was bad.
    Unless we massively upgrade the fan experience (which current leaders have no intention of ever doing), we'll have to choose between TV money and attendance. Can't have both anymore.

vCash
    It is what it is. There are 4 programs that have a chance to win it all. TV has turned those 4 into America?s colleges. Until there is parity and lower prices, it ain?t changing. We need a 52,000 seat stadium with Chairbacks across the board. We should close the East side upper deck because it is too damn high with 3 club levels below it. Stupid! A really piss poor stadium design!

vCash
    The upper deck on the East side looked about 40% full. For the 1st time this season we had family and friends in all 8 seats. I predicted a close win at the end of the game. I enjoyed every second and never thought that they would win. My apologies to our LB's and Safeties who I thought would have trouble with their team speed. I will more than gladly eat crow, ( but small one) next time my MSU Senior Son and I go out here in Starkvegas. I will buy him the steak he deserves for always being positive! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Auburn looks full, can?t see the upper deck, though.
    Upper deck is like half full. Aub does a better job getting the bottom full for TV. We need to figure that out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    It is what it is. There are 4 programs that have a chance to win it all. TV has turned those 4 into America?s colleges. Until there is parity and lower prices, it ain?t changing. We need a 52,000 seat stadium with Chairbacks across the board. We should close the East side upper deck because it is too damn high with 3 club levels below it. Stupid! A really piss poor stadium design!
    Guys, I was there when there was nothing but a lower deck on each side with small bleachers in the end zones. I was there for a victory over LSU when we rented portable lights to host our first home game at night. I remember when we added second upper deck under Jackie. Except for our recent end zone addition which I think looks great we have pieced together our present stadium with what ever $ we could put together. Time to modernize with chair backs in lower sides. incorporate lower chair backs with the M Club building and have about 55K seats. Hail State!

vCash

Been saying for YEARS Bama is bad for college football. No one wants to talk about limiting football scholarships so it will all stay the same.

vCash
    People are just weird I guess. I will always be there and had a great time today. I just got back and watched the highlights and the sec network production was awful. That play-by-play guy sucks and the sound was horrible. I don't know how some of you guys that are within any decent driving distance from the stadium tolerate watching the game on tv. It's ass.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.