Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody been reading the D1 Baseball top 100 programs list?

vCash

Anybody been reading the D1 Baseball top 100 programs list?

Saw where they have been doing a ranking of the top 100 programs. They are down to the top 5 now and we should be in it, haven?t been announced yet. Ole Miss come in at 8, TN was 17. Ark And Vandy have yet to be ranked either so they will be top 5. I’m gonna say Ark is 5, we are 2, and Vandy is 1.

Im guessing this is a ranking of recent success and not just all time cause there is no way Ole Miss is a top 8 program, even with a natty.

7- LSU
    8- Ole Miss
    11- Texas A&M
    17- Tennessee
    20- Auburn
    32- South Carolina
    35- UGA
    57- Bama
    58- Kentucky

Souther Miss came in at 26.
    Last edited by TNDawg35; 10-01-2022 at 04:27 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Surely the top 5 include MSU Ark Vandy Texas and ND?

vCash
    My knowledge of college baseball severely lacks compared to football and basketball, so I might be missing something but no idea how LSU is not number 1. I would put LSU, Texas and Oregon State 1,2 and 3 then State and Vandy 4 and 5. I would think Ole Miss and Tenn are way too high. Ark doesn’t have a natty so that right there makes them too high if they are top 5. Fla State should be high but not top 10 without a natty. I think UNC and Miami would be fairly high. Seems like an odd ranking system

vCash
    Texas is #12

vCash
    If I'm reading the same article as you, it says the ranking is based on the overall health of the program but doesn't describe what items comprise the overall health of a program.

My MSU educated guess would be post season play, fan support, facilities, conference/national titles and possibly stability in coaching staff would be factors but again that would only be a guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Surely the top 5 include MSU Ark Vandy Texas and ND?
    I saw ND ranked way back in the early late teens/early 20’s i think. ND really hasn’t done much aside from the last 2 or 3 years and now that Jarrett is gone, they probably will be as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    If I'm reading the same article as you, it says the ranking is based on the overall health of the program but doesn't describe what items comprise the overall health of a program.

My MSU educated guess would be post season play, fan support, facilities, conference/national titles and possibly stability in coaching staff would be factors but again that would only be a guess.
    It's program success over the last 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    My knowledge of college baseball severely lacks compared to football and basketball, so I might be missing something but no idea how LSU is not number 1. I would put LSU, Texas and Oregon State 1,2 and 3 then State and Vandy 4 and 5. I would think Ole Miss and Tenn are way too high. Ark doesn’t have a natty so that right there makes them too high if they are top 5. Fla State should be high but not top 10 without a natty. I think UNC and Miami would be fairly high. Seems like an odd ranking system
    Been awhile since lsu has done much, but with the way that they have gone full free agency like the Yankees pre salary cap, they will surely be the team to beat year in and year out. How Ark hasn’t won a title is a mystery. They recruit really well and have great support/facilities.

vCash
    MSU comes in at #3 on this list.

vCash
    MSU comes in at #3 on this list.
    What was the rest of the top 5?

vCash
    #5 Oregon St
    #4 Florida
    #3 MSU
    #2 Arkansas
    #1 Vandy

vCash
    #5 Oregon St
    #4 Florida
    #3 MSU
    #2 Arkansas
    #1 Vandy
    Found it on twitter but you beat me to it.

I’m a little surprised at Florida #4.

vCash
    They have a championship in that time frame.

vCash
    I have a difficult time agreeing with Arky at #2 without a Natty when everyone else in the Top 5 has one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I have a difficult time agreeing with Arky at #2 without a Natty when everyone else in the Top 5 has one.
    Everyone in that top 5 should be ahead of arky imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    They should have had 1. They have had some badass teams and some bad ass luck in Omaha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Everyone in that top 5 should be ahead of arky imo.
    It's a bit two faced because I'm pretty sure a big reason Ole Miss is where it is on the list is because of their National Championship- and yet he ranked us lower than Arkansas because of how we did against them in the regular season while basically weighted that more than what we both did in the postseason.

At least that was his argument on Twitter today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    They should have had 1. They have had some badass teams and some bad ass luck in Omaha.
    I can sympathize. After we got completely squeezed by that umpire Mangum's senior year I had doubts about us getting one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's a bit two faced because I'm pretty sure a big reason Ole Miss is where it is on the list is because of their National Championship- and yet he ranked us lower than Arkansas because of how we did against them in the regular season while basically weighted that more than what we both did in the postseason.

At least that was his argument on Twitter today.
    Then wants the reasoning for placing them above Florida and Oregon State? They should be lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I can sympathize. After we got completely squeezed by that umpire Mangum's senior year I had doubts about us getting one.
    All arky had to do was catch a foul pop up and they have a natty.