Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggies coming to visit!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Aggies coming to visit!

Howdy Bulldogs!

2 others and myself will be visiting this weekend and were looking for some direction to get the most out of the experience. We're sitting on A&Ms sideline in section 20 but before we get in the stadium what should we see around the town (campus, restaurants, bars, cool shops that may be open) it will be my sister (30), her fianc? (F,30) and myself (M,26) and do enjoy a good drink before or after the game.

How is the tailgate scene and where can we find it, at A&M you can typically just walk around with a case of beer or a handle of liquor and get pulled into a tailgate by some Aggies. is this similar experience or should we avoid some spots to not get things thrown at us? This happened at LSU until some alumni rescued us.

Thank you all and I hope we have a competitive, healthy game!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Classof2019Ag View Post
    Howdy Bulldogs!

2 others and myself will be visiting this weekend and were looking for some direction to get the most out of the experience. We're sitting on A&Ms sideline in section 20 but before we get in the stadium what should we see around the town (campus, restaurants, bars, cool shops that may be open) it will be my sister (30), her fianc? (F,30) and myself (M,26) and do enjoy a good drink before or after the game.

How is the tailgate scene and where can we find it, at A&M you can typically just walk around with a case of beer or a handle of liquor and get pulled into a tailgate by some Aggies. is this similar experience or should we avoid some spots to not get things thrown at us? This happened at LSU until some alumni rescued us.

Welcome to Starkvegas. Just find your way thru campus to the South Side of Stadium at the Junction the center of tailgating. I think we have about as good a tailgate setup as anywhere.

Catch the Dawg Walk 2 hrs before kickoff, catch the drum line after that or go watch the band warm up in McCarthy Gym (this is under rated in my opinion and worth your 20 minutes of time). Go to Barns and Noble bookstore by the stadium, check out the cowbell display in visitors lobby. Swing by the MAFES store near south end of Junction and get some MSU ice cream. If you park on east side somewhere walk by Drill Field in the heart of campus. If you wanted to walk around more, go by Dudy Noble Field - home of 2021 NC Bulldogs. We think we have the best baseball venue in college baseball.

Get parked at least by noon. Be hard to eat lunch with 3 kick but you could go to Starkville Cafe downtown for breakfast as an early treat to visit downtown. Tons of good places to eat in Starkville.

Enjoy your visit!

vCash
    Howdy Bulldogs!

You will be fine. You might get some all in good humor razzing from people but everyone will be pretty nice. Especially if you bring beer

vCash
    Restaurants. Tyler, Prime 44, Taste for finer dinning. Rosey baby, central station grill and Harvey for casual dinning.

Cotton district: Camp house, Commodore Bobs. Bars/food: Two brothers, Bulldog burger, bin 612, taco place. Stagger inn is a nice small bar just off the cotton district.

Late night; Ricks and/or Hobies downtown will have live music.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-29-2022 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Howdy Bulldogs!

You can go anywhere in or around Davis Wade and have a good time and meet some cool people.

As long as you don?t wear anything Ole Miss and then that?s a different story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    You can go anywhere in or around Davis Wade and have a good time and meet some cool people.

As long as you don?t wear anything Ole Miss and then that?s a different story
    Yea, don't wear a dark blue blazer with a red and blue bowtie to a football game! Welcome to Starkvegas! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

As long as you don?t wear anything Ole Miss
    I would add those denim overalls or the milk man outfit......I will have some jokes if I see those Aggie outfits.

vCash
    wear your Maroon and you'll fit right in..... And btw, Jackie likes us better and the Snow Bowl was epic. Welcome to Starkville and a tip of advice - never make the trip to Oxford
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Howdy Bulldogs!

Rock Vegas is tonight. A rock show downtown. I think it's sold out but you may can still find tickets somewhere
    No Signature

vCash
    [QUOTE=Classof2019Ag;1451687]Howdy Bulldogs!

"is this similar experience or should we avoid some spots to not get things thrown at us? This happened at LSU until some alumni rescued us."

1) This isnt LSU....
    2) As long as you dont start crap, there wont be crap.
    3) Hopefully you have a good experience but then leave with a L!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Go to Two Brothers before the game and get there about 10:50 to get a table. You won?t regret it. Great spot to watch the early games and an easy walk to the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    Go to Two Brothers before the game and get there about 10:50 to get a table. You won?t regret it. Great spot to watch the early games and an easy walk to the stadium.
    I recommend Stagger In. You will love it a lot more than Two Brothers. Some of these folks are eat up with Two Brothers. It don?t impress me much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I recommend Stagger In. You will love it a lot more than Two Brothers. Some of these folks are eat up with Two Brothers. It don?t impress me much.
    I thought Stagger Inn closed during Covid? In its place is a mexican restaurant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    I thought Stagger Inn closed during Covid? In its place is a mexican restaurant
    They are in the College View development now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Bahahahahaha. Difference of opinions I suppose. Stagger is is fine. Can't hold two brothers jock.

vCash
    I have a two for one McD's coupon I'll give to you guys. Will upgrade to Hardee's if we beat y'all and buy you a sixpack of Natty Light. PM me after the game!*****

vCash
    Better locale and good atmosphere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Better locale and good atmosphere
    Better atmosphere for sure. Location?? Idk about that. Better facility yes.

vCash
    Kudos to you boys. Y'all were pretty damn cordial to the milkmen. This went better than I anticipated. Still have not seen a tailgate invite though.

vCash
    The Landing. They sell cold beer and at the end of the night you can put a six pack of southpaws in an ice bag and they?ll ice it down for you.