Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 3 games

vCash

Next 3 games

Have to figure out a way to go 2-1.

1-2 or God forbid 0-3 and we'll know Leach will never win here.

Win 2 and we can still win 8 games. Win all 3 and we have a shot at 9. Get it done Leach.

vCash
    We come out and execute and play disciplined football. We win the next three games.

vCash
    We have a really good shot to win all 3 games . But I also thought we had a good shot to beat LSU.

I will go ahead and say I think we lose Saturday but I?m not confident in saying that.

vCash
    Sitting here suffering through the video of the om game last year. Honest question guys......no matter the rest of the year.....what if CML's “DOGS” lose to Kiffin’s rebs this year?. ...Three years in a row, no impressive outings......what are your thought’s ????

vCash
    If we lose Saturday it's going to be ugly around here. Better get this one because Arkansas will be coming off two losses when they face us next week. They will be really desperate for a win.

vCash
    I believe this coming Saturday is the beginning of the end for leach at State. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be watching and pulling hard for the dogs but I have no confidence in leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I believe this coming Saturday is the beginning of the end for leach at State. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be watching and pulling hard for the dogs but I have no confidence in leach.
    Why? Is it just his system or is it more?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Playing 10 on 11 with the D having no fear the QB will run doesn't help. I doubt any remaining SEC opponent fears playing us on D. When I watch our O trying to make a 10 to 12 play drive on mainly short and intermediate passes and not make a mistake against good SEC DE's and CB's, I am drawn up more than Dan calling 3rd down plays against bama. I hope I eat my words on this post starting Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Playing 10 on 11 with the D having no fear the QB will run doesn't help. I doubt any remaining SEC opponent fears playing us on D. When I watch our O trying to make a 10 to 12 play drive on mainly short and intermediate passes and not make a mistake against good SEC DE's and CB's, I am drawn up more than Dan calling 3rd down plays against bama. I hope I eat my words on this post starting Saturday.
    So it?s just the system you have worries about? Not his ability to manage the team?

vCash
    So it?s just the system you have worries about? Not his ability to manage the team?
    Yes, have heard nothing about an inability to manage team. I think they like him and play hard. The last 3 years I have heard how young we are. If some of or O and D line don't want to hang around for year 5, if eligible, we will truly be young next year. It just seems like the offense has to play perfect to succeed against SEC opponents. JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Yes, have heard nothing about an inability to manage team. I think they like him and play hard. The last 3 years I have heard how young we are. If some of or O and D line don't want to hang around for year 5, if eligible, we will truly be young next year. It just seems like the offense has to play perfect to succeed against SEC opponents. JMO.
    I?m worried about about consistency and not making stupid plays like we did verse LSU. His system works just like all the others, every system outside of Jimbos usually doesnt sputter when they have elite athletes. Ours sputters every now and then again due to not having top end talent. I think we just need to play clean ball and not drop passes, we would ave won LSU if we just caught the balls we were supposed too.

vCash
    I'm far from a Sunshine Pumper but I have a feeling we go 3-0 .... I KNOW we are capable and that doesn't always translate but face it - we screwed ourselves with LSU ... Most folks here would have thought at the end of the third qtr we would win that game ... and we should have. Now it's time to nut up and play the way we are capable ... and I just have a feeling that's what we do
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I could see it going every single combination of results. It feels like we are good, but not good enough to really stomp good teams out or overcome many mistakes.

vCash
    I agree with goldendawg. It's the system that I'm not sold on. I don't think Leach has a problem with losing a team. He's pretty strong in his leadership it seems. I think SEC teams that have equal to better talent than us (which is 90% of sec teams) will be able to keep this offense from scoring many points. I even think back to the egg bowl last year. We were so much better than ole miss but we couldn't overcome mistakes. We should have beaten them badly but since we dropped a couple of easy TD passes, those killed the drives. And we can't strike quickly.

vCash
    I agree with goldendawg. It's the system that I'm not sold on. I don't think Leach has a problem with losing a team. He's pretty strong in his leadership it seems. I think SEC teams that have equal to better talent than us (which is 90% of sec teams) will be able to keep this offense from scoring many points. I even think back to the egg bowl last year. We were so much better than ole miss but we couldn't overcome mistakes. We should have beaten them badly but since we dropped a couple of easy TD passes, those killed the drives. And we can't strike quickly.
    Point made. I follow. I chalk that one up to more so players not executing than the system not winning. I think back to how many drive were killed with humpback due to a false start. His offense was hard enough to get a first down but then you start at a 1st and 15 that killed so many drives before they even started with him.

One thing that gives me hope is games like auburn last year. I cannot think of an offense we have ran outside of leaches that would have allowed us to accomplish what we did that day.

vCash
    One thing that gives me hope is games like auburn last year. I cannot think of an offense we have ran outside of leaches that would have allowed us to accomplish what we did that day.
    What- score 40 points? Mullen's offense did that every season at least once and scored 50 or more a couple of times. Some of you guys memories are pretty bad. Mullen's last 5 of 6 offenses averaged 30 plus a game. Leach has yet to do that for a season. We'll see if he maintains it this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What- score 40 points? Mullen's offense did that every season at least once and scored 50 or more a couple of times. Some of you guys memories are pretty bad. Mullen's last 5 of 6 offenses averaged 30 plus a game. Leach has yet to do that for a season. We'll see if he maintains it this year
    Ok, I'll admit it. When this O plods along down the field with too many check downs to the backs trying to execute without making a mistake and sustain the drive with very few running plays, I find it as boring as "three yards and a cloud of dust". I can see why you call it the "airbone". Part of that perception is my fault, as I was expecting the air raid to feature long passes, stretch the field, and be more exciting. I, unlike many of you had never watched Leach's teams in the the past. I didn't know it was a ball control O through short and intermediate passes.

vCash
    Good thing Kentucky, Clemson, and Wake Forest fans didn't gave a loser, give-up mindset like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You are conveniently overlooking the point I was making. Name me a game where Mullen came from behind by more than 20+ to win? Also, mullen only scored more than 30 twice on auburn in ?11 and ?14.

Go a step further compare ******* first two years against leaches first two (against sec)
    Mullen ?09 scored 180 points ?10 151 points
    Leach (only 8 games used) 2020 156 points ?21 228 points.

I don?t buy into the fact that this offense will not work in this league. As many have stated it actually does give us a better chance at coming from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Sitting here suffering through the video of the om game last year. Honest question guys......no matter the rest of the year.....what if CML's “DOGS” lose to Kiffin’s rebs this year?. ...Three years in a row, no impressive outings......what are your thought’s ????
    If Leach Loses to Kiffin for the 3rd time in a row. The only way to counter that would be having a win over Alabama or Georgia this year.