Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lane calling out OM fans over lack of Attendance.

vCash

Lane calling out OM fans over lack of Attendance.

Article trending on MSn.com and Sporting news. Said it looked like a HS crowd when team runs out of tunnel for college game. Also alluded to early flight to the grove instead of supporting team in person. No "pine box" needed here, but setting stage for Auburn move? Inquiring minds would like to know. Welcome to OM fan priorities, Lane!

vCash
    Our crowd was pathetic last week too

vCash
    Make it an interesting game and attendance will rise. Twelve SEC games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hell I was surprised we had as many as we did. I had people in front and behind me which shocked the hell out of me.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Yeah, sign of the times in college football, but they are an over rated top 15 (?) 4-0 team and the "Flagship". We were lucky to sell 6 of our 8 season tickets ( two at a discount to a scalper for $10 each and he didn't resale, which didn't surprise me), last week. Early loss to LSU has already taken wind out of our sails with all the 3rd year Leach team with most returning starters in SEC preseason hype. Sad, again as usual. Really need aTm & Arkansas wins to get many fans back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Hell I was surprised we had as many as we did. I had people in front and behind me which shocked the hell out of me.
    Section 4 had many empty seats disguised as fans, as Skip Cary used to say when the TBS Braves used to draw about 2000 per weekday games.

vCash
    I hope people show up good time slot and perfect weather. Will be my first time going to a game since 98. Went to ******* frost spring game.

vCash
    I'll just throw it out there I'm looking for tickets to take the father in law to the Georgia game if anyone has tickets they don't want an arm and a leg for. Happy to somewhat financially support a fellow Bulldog while ensuring your seats get filled by someone wearing maroon.

vCash
    Exactly, we don't have a lot of room to talk. From a birds eye view on t.v. we had alot of empty seats and it looked worse in certain areas of the stadium.
    Last edited by NCMSTFAN; 09-28-2022 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    Pretty much like this all over. Attendance has been declining for a decade and last year was the steepest decline in cfb history. Games are more expensive(tickets, concessions, parking, hotels, etc) than they've ever been, all games are televised or streamed and people don't have to fight for parking, dont have to incur any expenses, and can watch all the games in the convenience of their own living room. TV and streaming have given cfb a huge payday but at the cost of attendance. It is what it is at this point and accept for conference games or big games you won't see big crowds at anyone's games.

vCash
    Kentucky had some empty seats for the NIU game. Like CC24 said, it's all over.

vCash
    Lots of empty seats at LSU too, for our game. All over the stadium, not just the upper reaches.

vCash
    I dnk if Lane is ready to bolt. However he sounded defeated on the subject of fan support. So he could be putting it out there as a warning to show and support or he is out as soon as he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Lots of empty seats at LSU too, for our game. All over the stadium, not just the upper reaches.
    Yeah, that kinda blew my mind for a late afternoon kick for the first SEC of the season. Folks probably chose going to NOLA for the FSU game instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Pretty much like this all over. Attendance has been declining for a decade and last year was the steepest decline in cfb history. Games are more expensive(tickets, concessions, parking, hotels, etc) than they've ever been, all games are televised or streamed and people don't have to fight for parking, dont have to incur any expenses, and can watch all the games in the convenience of their own living room. TV and streaming have given cfb a huge payday but at the cost of attendance. It is what it is at this point and accept for conference games or big games you won't see big crowds at anyone's games.
    I agree with this, it is happening everywhere... but it takes away from the college gameday experience, especially for the players. A good crowd can change the outcome of a game also. They call it home field advantage for a reason. I do understand people not wanting to deal with crowds, the heat, the cold etc but I just love turning on the t.v. and seeing a full crowd, I would personally attend more games if I could but living in North Carolina makes that hard.

vCash
    This is why I want as many conference games as possible. I understand it might shave a guaranteed win or two off the schedule every year, but as someone who will always go to every game that I can(I don't know how some people stomach watching games on tv with how awful today's broadcasting and coverage is), give me as many quality matchups as I can get.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    This is why I want as many conference games as possible. I understand it might shave a guaranteed win or two off the schedule every year, but as someone who will always go to every game that I can(I don't know how some people stomach watching games on tv with how awful today's broadcasting and coverage is), give me as many quality matchups as I can get.
    You may get your wish. The rumor is we are moving to 9 conference matches after Texas/OK join.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree with this, it is happening everywhere... but it takes away from the college gameday experience, especially for the players. A good crowd can change the outcome of a game also. They call it home field advantage for a reason. I do understand people not wanting to deal with crowds, the heat, the cold etc but I just love turning on the t.v. and seeing a full crowd, I would personally attend more games if I could but living in North Carolina makes that hard.
    I 100% agree with you! A big home crowd makes for an electric atmosphere. I've been in that atmosphere and it's awesome! I wish it was it like used to be but with how expensive it is, tv, nil, etc..attendance is being eroded away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You may get your wish. The rumor is we are moving to 9 conference matches after Texas/OK join.
    With that schedule you would be crazy to add a another Power 5, if so many FCS schools are going to lose guaranteed income each season to play at SEC schools

vCash
    I 100% agree with you! A big home crowd makes for an electric atmosphere. I've been in that atmosphere and it's awesome! I wish it was it like used to be but with how expensive it is, tv, nil, etc..attendance is being eroded away.
    Another thing that erodes attendance and the game day experience is the unfulfilled expectations in early season losses. Winning would solve a lot of problems. I have had to work harder than a scalper since the LSU loss to recruit even hardcore State friends to use some of our 8 tickets (and very good seats). I'm beginning to see some lifelong fans tired of the losses, very early in the year. I know it was just OOC BG, but some friends said they didn't even watch. Sad. We need to win at least 2 of the next 3 badly and start Saturday! Beating OM this year within a good season is also critical. Going 6-6 somehow with a season ending loss to OM and another loss in a lame bowl game again and some serious soul searching is in order. Hail State!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-28-2022 at 04:09 PM.