Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane calling out OM fans over lack of Attendance.

vCash
    Lane was an absolute jackass who has matured and been humbled. The Lane Kiffin at Bama, Florida Atlantic, and Ole Miss is a much mature guy than the horse's ass that was at USC and with the Raiders. He's much more likeable and thoughtful. He makes a lot of good points about the state of college football. Lane will absolutely leave Oxford in a heartbeat. But he's smart enough to pick the correct job, and understands that all SEC head coaching jobs are good jobs (except maybe Vandy). So he's not leaving Oxford unless he really likes the opportunity.

Lane will get some opportunities. He can coach.

Is there any state in the US that has a coaching lineup like Lane Kiffin, Mike Leach, and Deion Sanders? Consider our population and then tell me a state that compares when you consider those 3 and their overall football impact. It's a dream for a sports reporter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You may get your wish. The rumor is we are moving to 9 conference matches after Texas/OK join.
    I hope for sure. 2020 was the most I had enjoyed SEC football in probably 5-6 years.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Imagine Greg Byrne probably agrees with your assessment of Lane

vCash
    The more I have been told by my Auburn Coworker and dug into past articles.

Lane BEGGED for the Auburn job in 2020 when Gus got fired. He told Jimmy Sexton he wanted that job and would take it.

Problem was the Auburn AD didnt want to deal with a Jimmy Sexton client and didnt like the baggage of hiring Lane Kiffin and the circus that follows that.

But that AD got canned last month and if Hugh Freeze isnt allowed back into the SEC. I think the reasonable call after Meyer and other big names that arent realistic is Lane Kiffin and he might take it.

But taking off the maroon glasses and thinking for a second, why would Kiffin take the Auburn job knowing that if he cant beat alabama and georgia hes going to get fired???

With the upcoming 12 team playoff in 2024, he has a great shot at getting ole miss in the top 12 every couple years if the transfer portal holds up.

Now with that being said, from every aspect besides fans expectation ... Auburn is a better job than Ole Miss by a landslide, it will be way easier to get to the playoff at Auburn than Ole Miss

Coaches usually believe in themselves and like Dan Mullen did... He might believe that he can beat Alabama and georgia and take that job instead of just being good at Ole Miss.

But if you ask me and made me predict. Hugh Freeze is the next Head Coach at Auburn. Lane will leave oxford eventually but not until a job bigger than Auburn comes available, I wouldve bet the house Florida State was planning on firing Mike Norvell this year and that is where I thought he would have ended up. He has tried to leave Ole Miss every season since he got there in 2020 but the job he wanted didnt want him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

Lane BEGGED for the Auburn job in 2020 when Gus got fired. He told Jimmy Sexton he wanted that job and would take it.

Problem was the Auburn AD didnt want to deal with a Jimmy Sexton client and didnt like the baggage of hiring Lane Kiffin and the circus that follows that.

But that AD got canned last month and if Hugh Freeze isnt allowed back into the SEC. I think the reasonable call after Meyer and other big names that arent realistic is Lane Kiffin and he might take it.

But taking off the maroon glasses and thinking for a second, why would Kiffin take the Auburn job knowing that if he cant beat alabama and georgia hes going to get fired???

With the upcoming 12 team playoff in 2024, he has a great shot at getting ole miss in the top 12 every couple years if the transfer portal holds up.

Now with that being said, from every aspect besides fans expectation ... Auburn is a better job than Ole Miss by a landslide, it will be way easier to get to the playoff at Auburn than Ole Miss

Coaches usually believe in themselves and like Dan Mullen did... He might believe that he can beat Alabama and georgia and take that job instead of just being good at Ole Miss.

But if you ask me and made me predict. Hugh Freeze is the next Head Coach at Auburn. Lane will leave oxford eventually but not until a job bigger than Auburn comes available, I wouldve bet the house Florida State was planning on firing Mike Norvell this year and that is where I thought he would have ended up. He has tried to leave Ole Miss every season since he got there in 2020 but the job he wanted didnt want him.
    Auburn's not very good this year, but they are a very good job - much higher than Ole Miss. Just off the top of my head, I'd say they are Top 15, possible Top 10.

vCash

NIL

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I 100% agree with you! A big home crowd makes for an electric atmosphere. I've been in that atmosphere and it's awesome! I wish it was it like used to be but with how expensive it is, tv, nil, etc..attendance is being eroded away.

I agree NIL I believe is one of the main contributors to lack of attendance. Most people don't like the idea of paying players. The NCAA was behind the curve on this and now the genie is out of the bottle. Some of you may disagree on this but the amount of money being thrown around is crazy. This and the cost to go to a game means a lot of families will be once a season "at game people" and home viewers the rest.
    A lot like me waiting to see what happens with the NIL but with the court ruling I'm not sure what can be done.

vCash
    Fellow Bulldog Club member told me he would continue to pay dues for his very good season tickets for football, baseball, and men's basketball, but no NIL "so players could buy a bigger gold chain". How do you know where your NIL contribution even goes? NIL situation is out of the bottle, but this is a mess. Is it true some can keep NIL deal even if they hit the portal and transfer to another school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Auburn's not very good this year, but they are a very good job - much higher than Ole Miss. Just off the top of my head, I'd say they are Top 15, possible Top 10.

I agree with you and I did say auburn is a much better job from the perspective of trying to win big compared to ole miss .

Ole miss has a ceiling of a NY6 bowl , at auburn you can win the national title .

Alabama, Georgia , LSU, Ohio state , Florida , Texas A&M , Clemson , USC, Texas, Oklahoma , Michigan , and maybe Florida State are the only jobs I can think of that are considered better than auburn so I agree with them being a top 15 job .

But I try to put myself into his shoes and think what the easier job would be . Stay at ole miss and win 7-8 games a year and beat Mississippi State or go to auburn and have to win 9-10 games per year and beat Alabama and Georgia and if you don?t win the sec every couple years your job is at risk.

But Lane might not think like that ( which I hope he doesn?t )

But I originally thought there was no shot he would leave for auburn but recently some smoke has been building between him and auburn .

vCash
    I agree with you and I did say auburn is a much better job from the perspective of trying to win big compared to ole miss .

Ole miss has a ceiling of a NY6 bowl , at auburn you can win the national title .

Alabama, Georgia , LSU, Ohio state , Florida , Texas A&M , Clemson , USC, Texas, Oklahoma , Michigan , and maybe Florida State are the only jobs I can think of that are considered better than auburn so I agree with them being a top 15 job .

But I try to put myself into his shoes and think what the easier job would be . Stay at ole miss and win 7-8 games a year and beat Mississippi State or go to auburn and have to win 9-10 games per year and beat Alabama and Georgia and if you don?t win the sec every couple years your job is at risk.

But Lane might not think like that ( which I hope he doesn?t )

But I originally thought there was no shot he would leave for auburn but recently some smoke has been building between him and auburn .
    What do you think our ceiling is at this time and by year 5 under Leach? I am for him, but still fear a 12 play drive of short and medium passes with no threat of a QB run in today's college game where nothing can go wrong will never lead to many SEC wins against fast DE's and aggressive CB's. Most teams have also shown no fear of our on and off again running game with little variety in the plays.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 09-29-2022 at 02:42 AM.

vCash

Is Kiffin as good a coach as Gus Malzahn?? Gus was 3-5 against Saban in 8 seasons. Coaches always think they're better than the other coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Pretty much like this all over. Attendance has been declining for a decade and last year was the steepest decline in cfb history. Games are more expensive(tickets, concessions, parking, hotels, etc) than they've ever been, all games are televised or streamed and people don't have to fight for parking, dont have to incur any expenses, and can watch all the games in the convenience of their own living room. TV and streaming have given cfb a huge payday but at the cost of attendance. It is what it is at this point and accept for conference games or big games you won't see big crowds at anyone's games.
    NFL attendance is rising

People will still watch CFB on TV because, due to the NFL's anti-trust agreement with congress, they can't play on Saturday & people crave football. So people will still watch CFB on TV, but the commitment to attend games is dropping fast due to the lack of competition both when P5 teams play G5 teams & due to fans not believing they have a chance to play for anything or win anything.

Just yesterday, Josh Pate said that Bama, UGA, & Ohio State are really close, but that the difference between those 3 teams & the 4th best team is 14 points in Vegas & the difference between team 4 & 35 is like 8 points.

People are tired of that as it's not a competitive sport. Fans want hope and the faith that there is a path to winning. That currently does not exist and fans have figured that out. Recruiting rankings, NIL, analytical game models, etc have all contributed to educating fans on just how pointless the sport is.

If the college football doesn't figure out ways to make the sport more fair and competitive, the commitment by fans will continue to regress.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-29-2022 at 07:57 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    NFL attendance is rising

People will still watch CFB on TV because, due to the NFL's anti-trust agreement with congress, they can't play on Saturday & people crave football. So people will still watch CFB on TV, but the commitment to attend games is dropping fast due to the lack of competition both when P5 teams play G5 teams & due to fans not believing they have a chance to play for anything or win anything.

Just yesterday, Josh Pate said that Bama, UGA, & Ohio State are really close, but that the difference between those 3 teams & the 4th best team is 14 points in Vegas & the difference between team 4 & 35 is like 8 points.

People are tired of that as it's not a competitive sport. Fans want hope and the faith that there is a path to winning. That currently does not exist and fans have figured that out. Recruiting rankings, NIL, analytical game models, etc have all contributed to educating fans on just how pointless the sport is.

If the college football doesn't figure out ways to make the sport more fair and competitive, the commitment by fans will continue to regress.
    THIS! Exactly what I been saying! The way cfb is setup there's only about 4-6 teams that have a shot at the playoffs and the rest are left fighting for the leftovers. Expanding the playoffs will help some but still the gap from the top 4 or so is very wide. Great post, Gun.