Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big is the game this weekend for MSU football 2022?

vCash

How big is the game this weekend for MSU football 2022?

Is this a must win this weekend? As far as keeping the fans engaged and on board with Leach and the program in general?

I've tended to look at the season as whole. I've thought for October as long as we go 1-3, we can salvage the season at 7-5 with a win over OM. However I'm concerned if we lose Saturday and OM wins.... oh boy.... there will be much gnashing of teeth and the Arkansas game will be very poorly attended.

What say you guys?

vCash
    If we lose to both A&M and Arkansas the fan base is probably done. It's gonna be really hard to get them back.

vCash
    The next 3 games are huge for the future of the program, the fanbase, and the support for Mike Leach

He has to win 2 of these next 3.

The A&M game is important because it kick starts the 3 game stretch before bama and it will be huge for fan support and for team confidence.

If they start this season with 2 losses to the 1st 2 sec teams you play and you expected to win those games in the pre season because you bought into year 3 air raid... boy or boy

I also think we do lose saturday because of our weakness on the Offensive Line .

Going to be very interesting

I also think Ole Miss wins saturday. kentucky aint top 10.

vCash
    a 1-3 October and many will be checked out by Halloween. A vet team staring at 6-6 will excite absolutely nobody
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I guess I should clarify. We must win Saturday to keep the fans engaged.

vCash
    Check out ticket prices on SeatGeek. It may be a bad crowd
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-28-2022 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    There is a reason that we are favored in this game.

The line keeps going up as well.

If we play just a solid game, we win. We don't have to play perfect to beat A&M, I think they have to get extremely lucky to beat us.

vCash
    If we don't turn the ball over we win.

vCash
    Must win 2 of next 3 to have any positive vibe to continue. We already let one get away, go 1-2 the next 3 and that is 1-3 on key SEC games in a year we were supposed to make a move.

vCash
    I think it's very important after shitting the bed against LSU. We need to prove we can handle a decent team.

vCash
    Being repetitious, but anything less than 7-5 including a win over OM is a total failure. 6-6 is 2-6 in the SEC which will put us in vandy, MO, SC territory. We hype ourselves up so many years and fall on our face early in the season, usually our first SEC game. This wears fans out. It also causes more 11:00 am KO's that also has a negative effect on attendance. Beat aTm, a very good season is possible, 7 to 8 wins. Hail State!

vCash
    The key to winning is making Jimbo's offense rely on Max Johnson's arm and take Achane out of the equation. We have the better offense and we need to show it.

vCash
    The next three are equally large. A&M just happens to be first.

Like others have said, 2-1 or better against A&M, Arkansas, and UK needs to be the goal. You?ll have a bit of a reset with Bama and then a bye week afterward, so I don?t think which 2 and which 1 really matters.

vCash
    The other aspect is we should win this game handedly and all State fans know this to be true. A$M is inept on offense they have only scored 9 TD offensively and that?s against a subpar FCS Sam Houston state and losing a non g5 game to App State.

Their offense is just bad! What keeps them in the conversation is the mantra that Bimbo is an offensive genius and they are loaded. Blind squirrel gets a nut in my opinion.

I honestly do not get all the love for their defense either. They have played inept offensive teams as well. The one team with a pulse on offense they played scored as much as our defensive average 21 points.

It should be a good game. But, if we lose I?m going to be as annoyed as when we lost to LSU. I just don?t see A$M as a good team. They are middle of the pact due to their talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    a 1-3 October and many will be checked out by Halloween. A vet team staring at 6-6 will excite absolutely nobody
    1-3 October? Losing 2 of 3 to A&M, AR & KY will just show me more than I cared to admit.

1-3 does not get Leach fired but the fanbase won't care. They will bolt, at least, I will be gone and I have been one of his biggest supporters for his system. I have been patiently waiting for 3 years. The time is now. I don't need 10 wins to see it but 1-3 October ain't it either.

He could earn his way back from it but I doubt it.

vCash
    If we go 6-6 or even worse, we may have to tarp over some seating sections, (blue to match many tents in the junction), that don't sell next year.*****

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 09-29-2022 at 02:43 AM.

vCash
    We are 4 point favorites at home. App. State has proven to be a pretty bad football team. Miami looks bad. Arkansas out played A&M but lost.

A loss Saturday would not be a good sign for Leach or the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We are 4 point favorites at home. App. State has proven to be a pretty bad football team. Miami looks bad. Arkansas out played A&M but lost.

Facts! It comes down to discipline and execution. Limit stupid penalties, catch the balls that should be caught, and play your position. We should win well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

We were 3 point favorites against LSU at their place. Don't build me up for a big fall again!***