Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is an absolute Joke and something has to be done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    If we beat TAM they will shift our Arky game to the SC slot.
    nope. it's already set as well

vCash
    Get the Banner Mstate off the helmets.... That is at least a start ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nothing is going to change. TV pays our bills.
    I just don't understand the logic. I get CBS's decision. I think they are a little stupid with how dedicated they are to certain teams, but they are consistent and it makes some sort of sense. But why in the hell have three 11am games, one 3, one 6:30, and one 7 (ignoring the CBS game, which is it's somewhat its own animal)?

If you can have 3 11am games, why not have 2 and then have an extra night game? I know TV pays the bills, but there has to be some consideration of fans that attend games. That's most of the league having relatively shitty start times for fans actually attending. You've got to have some of that to fill time slots, but it shouldn't be that bad.
    Last edited by Johnson85; 09-26-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I think ESPN is broadcasting in standard definition most games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I just don't understand the logic. I get CBS's decision. I think they are a little stupid with how dedicated they are to certain teams, but they are consistent and it makes some sort of sense. But why in the hell have three 11am games, one 3, one 6:30, and one 7 (ignoring the CBS game, which is it's somewhat its own animal)?

If you can have 3 11am games, why not have 2 and then have an extra night game? I know TV pays the bills, but there has to be some consideration of fans that attend games. That's most of the league having relatively shitty start times for fans actually attending. You've got to have some of that to fill time slots, but it shouldn't be that bad.
    The auburn ga game was third pick. CBS is showing bama am and they took that first. Then the espn 11 was second pick.

vCash
    Let?s just move the game to 1:30 like in the old days before we had lights. That will show em!

vCash
    The other thing I like about 11:00 if you win it, all the other games the rest of the day are more enjoyable to watch and you get a lot of mentions in those broadcasts as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    The other thing I like about 11:00…if you win it, all the other games the rest of the day are more enjoyable to watch.
    Well it absolutely sucks for fans that live several hours from Starkville. If Starkville could fill the stands by themselves great, but we need every fan we can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Well it absolutely sucks for fans that live several hours from Starkville. If Starkville could fill the stands by themselves great, but we need every fan we can get.
    I was expecting atleast a 3pm SEC network Kick off but now I have to wake up at 5am to get there on time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The auburn ga game was third pick. CBS is showing bama am and they took that first. Then the espn 11 was second pick.
    I didn't realize this was the CBS night game. So that's why there aren't more night games. I guess they have contractual rights that prevents the SEC from showing other night games and forces three 11am ctd kickoffs. I know it was big money at the time but how shitty has the CBS deal turned out to be for the SEC. A protected 2:30 timeslot is one thing. A protected night time kickoff was not something they should have agreed to, at least in hindsight.

vCash
    I didn't realize this was the CBS night game. So that's why there aren't more night games. I guess they have contractual rights that prevents the SEC from showing other night games and forces three 11am ctd kickoffs. I know it was big money at the time but how shitty has the CBS deal turned out to be for the SEC. A protected 2:30 timeslot is one thing. A protected night time kickoff was not something they should have agreed to, at least in hindsight.
    I agree and I understand the reasoning, but Bama is probably going to blow aTm out at home. The only SEC games I see Bama possibly being a close game is @UT, and @LSU. They would have been better doing the TN/Bama game as prime time this year instead of aTm/Bama. Also, we lost our right to complain about game times after that turd of a 2nd half in BR two Saturdays ago. Win the next 2 home games and then we have more ground to stand on for the time of the UK game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I agree and I understand the reasoning, but Bama is probably going to blow aTm out at home. The only SEC games I see Bama possibly being a close game is @UT, and @LSU. They would have been better doing the TN/Bama game as prime time this year instead of aTm/Bama. Also, we lost our right to complain about game times after that turd of a 2nd half in BR two Saturdays ago. Win the next 2 home games and then we have more ground to stand on for the time of the UK game
    State KY wouldn't get half the viewers bama aTm will

vCash
    Most watched CFB games in 2021...

https://news.yahoo.com/12-most-watch...001957378.html

People love blue bloods

vCash
    I think this deal goes away after next year (maybe two years)
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Most watched CFB games in 2021...

https://news.yahoo.com/12-most-watch...001957378.html

People love blue bloods
    Interesting link.

I agree, the blue bloods bring the ratings. However you had Baylor
    And Ok St in there. I believe that was a ABC game or main ESPN afternoon game. But I can't believe either of those teams have a larger following than anyone (other than Vandy) in the sec. Also that game was an exciting finish. How long does one have to view to be counted towards viewership totals for the game? No idea.

My other observation is the north just has a larger population than the south. Therefore more viewers. Maybe Fox being over the air helps too.... but I'd think larger alumni bases help with ratings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Interesting link.

I agree, the blue bloods bring the ratings. However you had Baylor
    And Ok St in there. I believe that was a ABC game or main ESPN afternoon game. But I can't believe either of those teams have a larger following than anyone (other than Vandy) in the sec. Also that game was an exciting finish. How long does one have to view to be counted towards viewership totals for the game? No idea.

My other observation is the north just has a larger population than the south. Therefore more viewers. Maybe Fox being over the air helps too.... but I'd think larger alumni bases help with ratings.
    I think Oklahoma State is the one remaining big 12 school that has an SEC type fanbase. We really should have brought them into the league with OU instead of Texas. I would’ve much rather had Texas in the Big 10 because they wreck every conference they join.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

Absolute joke, Georgia may beat Auburn by 70 points.
    Is it at Georgia? If it's at Auburn they may win with the crazy things that's happened in this game in Jordan-Hare
    No Signature

vCash
    The issue is the TV slots suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Is it at Georgia? If it's at Auburn they may win with the crazy things that's happened in this game in Jordan-Hare
    It?s @ Georgia

But.

Have you seen auburn.

Auburn looks like joe moorhead and chad morris teamed up to coach the offense .

That shows how BAD missouri is

Auburn will not make a bowl game this year

vCash
    I still say Harsin is let go by Oct 30