Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Mr October Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Mr October Edition

1. Finally my 1st day off in 3 weeks. Enjoyed a relaxing day of college football and Chinese food. Some good games on TV and some surprising outcomes.

2. One game that wasnt surprising was ours. We dominated from the kick and completely overmatched our opponent. 54 passes to 11 runs yesterday against a much inferior opponent (insert facepalm here). Dillon Johnson had what I think was the longest run of the Mike Leach Error when he went for 40 yesterday. We ran a little inside fold with the C and G on the Mike to spring him free. I run that as well against light boxes so I'm Air Raid also now. The pass to Price out of the backfield splitting the middle of the field was also a good one. Good throw and catch on what can be a tough route to complete at times.

3. 39/50 for 6 TD's. Great day against a bad team that has been bad on D all season. But Rogers made it work. Absolutely ridiculous that Robertson didnt get to play the last quarter and a half. The game was out of hand and it was a good time to get some guys in that never damn play. We should have seen our 3rd guy for at least 1 series yesterday. That's a great way to thin out that QB room after the season.

4. 2 more sacks allowed. In the overall scheme of things thats not really bad on 56 passing plays. But we are 10th in the SEC in sacks allowed and I expect us to drop in the month of October. We have played a pretty easy schedule the first 1/3 of the season. We did get guys some experience here thank goodness.

5. Had no idea their starting QB was going to be out or I would have put some cash on us. We made the backup's day pretty rough. Less than 3 ypc. 2 sacks with good pressure. Solid day.

6. One thing that's concerning is that we are middle of the pack SEC in long plays allowed and lower part of the SEC in chunk plays gained against our weak schedule. We still remain the Airbone and that is tough against good football teams. 7 & 7 in Total O and Total D. 6th in Scoring O and 8th in scoring D against a weak schedule. Something to watch as we enter October.

7. I told you guys Johnson becoming the A&M QB would make them better. He was better last night than he was his 1st game. Nothing flashy but he can make some throws. Didnt like seeing this before us but here we are. Should be a hard fought good football game. This is where Leach gets his chance to become Mr. October. Can we stop the run enough to force Johnson to beat us? Can we protect and avoid turnovers?

8. Auburn is so bad. That Auburn-Mizzou game wasnt 3-2 bad but it was gross. Mississippi is not too bad on the OL and they look good in the 1st half of games. But teams seem to figure out Dart in the 2nd half somewhat and start shutting them down. Mississippi is soft on the DL. They gonna get pushed around some in big games.

9. I love Tennessee's offense. Heup has those guys believing in Knoxville. They play hard and get after it. They still lack defensive talent tho. He better recruit that harder. Kentucky plays so conservative offensively. Levis looks great so far and is having a really good year- but Kentucky's run game is struggling. Great year for QB's in the SEC with Young, Levis, Jefferson, Hooker....could throw Daniels in there altho I'm not so sure his success will continue once the meat of their schedule starts. Rogers also gets his shot to be Mr. October so we'll see how the Airbone performs.

10. How about that 53 yard FG? Look at us with a legit FG kicker finally. We may get on a run of making XP's now. That's one of the brightest spots of the day yesterday.

HailState!! All Hail Mr October!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Finally my 1st day off in 3 weeks. Enjoyed a relaxing day of college football and Chinese food. Some good games on TV and some surprising outcomes.

2. One game that wasnt surprising was ours. We dominated from the kick and completely overmatched our opponent. 54 passes to 11 runs yesterday against a much inferior opponent (insert facepalm here). Dillon Johnson had what I think was the longest run of the Mike Leach Error when he went for 40 yesterday. We ran a little inside fold with the C and G on the Mike to spring him free. I run that as well against light boxes so I'm Air Raid also now. The pass to Price out of the backfield splitting the middle of the field was also a good one. Good throw and catch on what can be a tough route to complete at times.

3. 39/50 for 6 TD's. Great day against a bad team that has been bad on D all season. But Rogers made it work. Absolutely ridiculous that Robertson didnt get to play the last quarter and a half. The game was out of hand and it was a good time to get some guys in that never damn play. We should have seen our 3rd guy for at least 1 series yesterday. That's a great way to thin out that QB room after the season.

4. 2 more sacks allowed. In the overall scheme of things thats not really bad on 56 passing plays. But we are 10th in the SEC in sacks allowed and I expect us to drop in the month of October. We have played a pretty easy schedule the first 1/3 of the season. We did get guys some experience here thank goodness.

5. Had no idea their starting QB was going to be out or I would have put some cash on us. We made the backup's day pretty rough. Less than 3 ypc. 2 sacks with good pressure. Solid day.

6. One thing that's concerning is that we are middle of the pack SEC in long plays allowed and lower part of the SEC in chunk plays gained against our weak schedule. We still remain the Airbone and that is tough against good football teams. 7 & 7 in Total O and Total D. 6th in Scoring O and 8th in scoring D against a weak schedule. Something to watch as we enter October.

7. I told you guys Johnson becoming the A&M QB would make them better. He was better last night than he was his 1st game. Nothing flashy but he can make some throws. Didnt like seeing this before us but here we are. Should be a hard fought good football game. This is where Leach gets his chance to become Mr. October. Can we stop the run enough to force Johnson to beat us? Can we protect and avoid turnovers?

8. Auburn is so bad. That Auburn-Mizzou game wasnt 3-2 bad but it was gross. Mississippi is not too bad on the OL and they look good in the 1st half of games. But teams seem to figure out Dart in the 2nd half somewhat and start shutting them down. Mississippi is soft on the DL. They gonna get pushed around some in big games.

9. I love Tennessee's offense. Heup has those guys believing in Knoxville. They play hard and get after it. They still lack defensive talent tho. He better recruit that harder. Kentucky plays so conservative offensively. Levis looks great so far and is having a really good year- but Kentucky's run game is struggling. Great year for QB's in the SEC with Young, Levis, Jefferson, Hooker....could throw Daniels in there altho I'm not so sure his success will continue once the meat of their schedule starts. Rogers also gets his shot to be Mr. October so we'll see how the Airbone performs.

10. How about that 53 yard FG? Look at us with a legit FG kicker finally. We may get on a run of making XP's now. That's one of the brightest spots of the day yesterday.

HailState!! All Hail Mr October!!
    Well done Coach. Looking forward to October through one squinted eye?!! I hope to be happily surprised.

vCash
    5. I only remember one sack but I'll take 2 and not argue. But I didn't see us getting a lot of pressure and that concerns me as we start playing teams with a pulse. What pressure we do get is when we send the house. I'm seeing almost no pressure with just our front 4. Against teams with a running qb that could allow large areas of green grass to run because our secondary is matched up one on one with their backs to the LOS.

vCash
    Our offensive line is better with Nick Jones at LT. I'd move Dollar Bill to RT and Kam Jones to LG.

vCash
    I don't think Johnson can beat us next week. Shut down the run & protect Will adequately & we'll beat A&M
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Johnson can beat us next week. Shut down the run & protect Will adequately & we'll beat A&M
    A&M is comfortable playing with 3 down linemen. Durkin knows how to defend Leach. We won't be able to protect. Should be a fairly easy win for A&M.

vCash
    Until yesterday, we had as difficult a schedule so far as many of the SEC teams.
    I don't get why you are saying LSU is an easy team. They are 4 and 5 stars, 2 deep, with a really fast defense full of future NFL picks....and now being coached by a proven college winning coach everywhere he has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    A&M is comfortable playing with 3 down linemen. Durkin knows how to defend Leach. We won't be able to protect. Should be a fairly easy win for A&M.
    LOL! OK!

vCash
    I don't agree with any of this.

- vs OM last year we dropped 3 TDs passes on the same drive & missed a FG. Should've scored 31 at least.
    - If A&M plays 3 down lineman, Will will have all day to throw. A&M doesn't have a Sam Williams type pass rusher or near the level of rushers that LSU has.
    - A&M can't score enough for any game to be an easy win.

vCash
    Sawyer looked awful in his two drives. That kid won't start one game at MSU even if he sticks around and graduates from here.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Regardless how the Aggies won yesterday, it helped them with confidence and believing more. I think if the Hogs would have won with FG it would have deflated the Aggies preparations getting ready to play us.
    Gonna be a tough game, I think us playing at home helps but if we don’t play a complete game we will get beat. I like our chances but it’s a “could go either way game”.

vCash
    Agree. half the league this year is a pick-em vs each other. Gotta play well

vCash

- vs OM last year we dropped 3 TDs passes on the same drive & missed a FG. Should've scored 31 at least.
    - If A&M plays 3 down lineman, Will will have all day to throw. A&M doesn't have a Sam Williams type pass rusher or near the level of rushers that LSU has.
    -We did drop passes on the same drive last year. We also dropped passes against LSU. We dropped 2 easy catches yesterday. Drops happen. Ole Miss dominated us last year. A&M has better defensive players than Ole Miss.
    -Will never has all day to throw against good competition. So that's a weird statement
    -A&M runs a plodding offense so they may not blow us out, but it will be an easy win.

vCash
    Protecting Will is the biggest factor going forward in every game. Pressure on the qb kills our O. Will has to see these blitzes better get the ball out quicker or check to something better. Our OL is just decent in my opinion so Will needs to speed up his clock a bit when pressure is coming. And our RBs can’t whiff picking up blitzes too.

vCash
    -We did drop passes on the same drive last year. We also dropped passes against LSU. We dropped 2 easy catches yesterday. Drops happen. Ole Miss dominated us last year. A&M has better defensive players than Ole Miss.
    -Will never has all day to throw against good competition. So that's a weird statement
    -A&M runs a plodding offense so they may not blow us out, but it will be an easy win.
    You seem convinced we'll get blown out at home by a team that couldn't score vs App State, only scored 17 vs a bad Miami team, & only had 16 offensive points vs Arkansas. I can't change your opinion
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-25-2022 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    You seem convinced. I can't change your opinion
    I'm usually spot on. Hopefully, this will be the rare occasion I'm wrong.

vCash

If aTm does the drop 8 a lot, then we should be able to protect Will. Then I feel it will be on our receivers to not have many drops because I believe Will will be accurate with minimal pressure. If they get pressure with 3 DL, it s game over anyway. We must protect Will.

vCash
    A&M is 108th in the country in scoring offense & that includes a game where they only scored 31 Sam Houston St

vCash
    I'm usually spot on. Hopefully, this will be the rare occasion I'm wrong.
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason? I thought we hurt ourselves against OM just as much as Durkin knows how to defend us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason?
    Regardless of Durkin, if our defense just plays their normal game, we should only have to score 20-24 points to win.