Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Mr October Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Regardless of Durkin, if our defense just plays their normal game, we should only have to score 20-24 points to win.
    I agree but our O can’t leave them on the field to tire out like LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I agree but our O can’t leave them on the field to tire out like LSU
    Agree with that.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason? I thought we hurt ourselves against OM just as much as Durkin knows how to defend us.
    Durkin and the loss of Charles Cross. Our tackles were really bad against LSU. I don't think they can hold up. Arkansas had success with the QB runs which of course we don't have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Durkin and the loss of Charles Cross. Our tackles were really bad against LSU. I don't think they can hold up. Arkansas had success with the QB runs which of course we don't have.
    Our defense is better than Arkansas'

It should be a really good game. We'll have to play our best game of the year, to this point, to win but I feel we're completely capable

MSU is already favored by -1.5 & -2 on Draft Kings
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I don't think Johnson can beat us next week. Shut down the run & protect Will adequately & we'll beat A&M
    The TAMU RB concerns me. I think he is the best back in the SEC. He has good vision, shifty, power and top speed. He is the total package and will be a hand full for our D to stop. Stop the TAMU run and I think we can win.

vCash
    Our defense is better than Arkansas'

It should be a really good game. We'll have to play our best game of the year, to this point, to win but I feel we're completely capable

MSU is already favored by -1.5 & -2 on Draft Kings
    That is an interesting line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Finally my 1st day off in 3 weeks. Enjoyed a relaxing day of college football and Chinese food. Some good games on TV and some surprising outcomes.

2. One game that wasnt surprising was ours. We dominated from the kick and completely overmatched our opponent. 54 passes to 11 runs yesterday against a much inferior opponent (insert facepalm here). Dillon Johnson had what I think was the longest run of the Mike Leach Error when he went for 40 yesterday. We ran a little inside fold with the C and G on the Mike to spring him free. I run that as well against light boxes so I'm Air Raid also now. The pass to Price out of the backfield splitting the middle of the field was also a good one. Good throw and catch on what can be a tough route to complete at times.

3. 39/50 for 6 TD's. Great day against a bad team that has been bad on D all season. But Rogers made it work. Absolutely ridiculous that Robertson didnt get to play the last quarter and a half. The game was out of hand and it was a good time to get some guys in that never damn play. We should have seen our 3rd guy for at least 1 series yesterday. That's a great way to thin out that QB room after the season.

4. 2 more sacks allowed. In the overall scheme of things thats not really bad on 56 passing plays. But we are 10th in the SEC in sacks allowed and I expect us to drop in the month of October. We have played a pretty easy schedule the first 1/3 of the season. We did get guys some experience here thank goodness.

5. Had no idea their starting QB was going to be out or I would have put some cash on us. We made the backup's day pretty rough. Less than 3 ypc. 2 sacks with good pressure. Solid day.

6. One thing that's concerning is that we are middle of the pack SEC in long plays allowed and lower part of the SEC in chunk plays gained against our weak schedule. We still remain the Airbone and that is tough against good football teams. 7 & 7 in Total O and Total D. 6th in Scoring O and 8th in scoring D against a weak schedule. Something to watch as we enter October.

7. I told you guys Johnson becoming the A&M QB would make them better. He was better last night than he was his 1st game. Nothing flashy but he can make some throws. Didnt like seeing this before us but here we are. Should be a hard fought good football game. This is where Leach gets his chance to become Mr. October. Can we stop the run enough to force Johnson to beat us? Can we protect and avoid turnovers?

8. Auburn is so bad. That Auburn-Mizzou game wasnt 3-2 bad but it was gross. Mississippi is not too bad on the OL and they look good in the 1st half of games. But teams seem to figure out Dart in the 2nd half somewhat and start shutting them down. Mississippi is soft on the DL. They gonna get pushed around some in big games.

9. I love Tennessee's offense. Heup has those guys believing in Knoxville. They play hard and get after it. They still lack defensive talent tho. He better recruit that harder. Kentucky plays so conservative offensively. Levis looks great so far and is having a really good year- but Kentucky's run game is struggling. Great year for QB's in the SEC with Young, Levis, Jefferson, Hooker....could throw Daniels in there altho I'm not so sure his success will continue once the meat of their schedule starts. Rogers also gets his shot to be Mr. October so we'll see how the Airbone performs.

10. How about that 53 yard FG? Look at us with a legit FG kicker finally. We may get on a run of making XP's now. That's one of the brightest spots of the day yesterday.

HailState!! All Hail Mr October!!
    Thought you would be boarding up your house by now.

vCash
    -We did drop passes on the same drive last year. We also dropped passes against LSU. We dropped 2 easy catches yesterday. Drops happen. Ole Miss dominated us last year. A&M has better defensive players than Ole Miss.
    -Will never has all day to throw against good competition. So that's a weird statement
    -A&M runs a plodding offense so they may not blow us out, but it will be an easy win.
    - Ole Miss last year is not Ole Miss this year. Tulsa would have beaten them had Ole Miss not taken out their starting QB. That was the first game for the back up and they still almost beat Ole Miss.
    - TAMU was beaten by this MSU team on the road. As shown today, we are better now than last year. As shown, TAMU is not.

- TAMU runs the football into the DL. That will never work against MSU's DL. That is where we are the strongest.

Our weakness is the extreme edges and we are starting to solve that issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The TAMU RB concerns me. I think he is the best back in the SEC. He has good vision, shifty, power and top speed. He is the total package and will be a hand full for our D to stop. Stop the TAMU run and I think we can win.
    Achane. He's an incredible back.

vCash
    If aTm does the drop 8 a lot, then we should be able to protect Will. Then I feel it will be on our receivers to not have many drops because I believe Will will be accurate with minimal pressure. If they get pressure with 3 DL, it s game over anyway. We must protect Will.
    I think Durkin has already watched the LSU game and is going to bull rush WR and either sack him and/or make him get flustered where he will throw behind the receivers or throw interceptions.

vCash
    The issue is where he runs. Daniels beat us because he stretched the field from left to right, the extreme edges. We don't have that issue against a straight up rushing attack.

vCash
    Yes and we allowed him 69 yards last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    The issue is where he runs. Daniels beat us because he stretched the field from left to right, the extreme edges. We don't have that issue against a straight up rushing attack.
    #6 showed he can run it anywhere on the field and be successful. I agree up the gut we are best. We don't have the speed to stop #6 with consistency off tackle. If we don't stop him before he gets going, our LB got one shot. If not, he is gashing us.

The TAMU passing game don't scare me but with MJ they are much better. The talent at TAMU has moved up a tick and you can see it.

Going to have to play well to win this game. We do have TAMU # thought and Jimbo knows it. He didn't go one second after game mentioning us and tough game coming up avenging the lass from last year.

vCash
    We can’t let Achane get the edge or our cbs better tackle really well.

vCash
    Yes and we allowed him 69 yards last year.
    That means nothing for this year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If the Dawgs loose it will be to this guy !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I think Durkin has already watched the LSU game and is going to bull rush WR and either sack him and/or make him get flustered where he will throw behind the receivers or throw interceptions.
    Then our receivers need to beat man coverage quickly. Man is what we are supposed to be strongest against(not against LSU for some reason). Leach should be watching that film too and have something ready to counter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That means nothing for this year
    So last year means nothing for every team out there right? Or just TAMU? Oh many people here are going to be upset with that. It's sorta like saying everybody else improves while we never do.

vCash
    Regarding the pass v rush plays yesterday.... it looked to me. That State was working on the passing game. Particularly on WR screen play.

We ran a WR screen early. It was almost a pick 6. Then soon after, we ran it again and was tackled for a loss. Our WR blocking on those plays were poor. It seems we ran it many times yesterday to just work on blocking.

vCash
    So last year means nothing for every team out there right? Or just TAMU? Oh many people here are going to be upset with that. It's sorta like saying everybody else improves while we never do.
    Some teams get better and some get worse. Happens to every team. Every team don't get better every year. Seems like jury still out on us. We ain't done nothing we were not supposed to do but lose to LSU. Time to show up the next 3 weeks will determine our season.