Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Mr October Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Johnson can beat us next week. Shut down the run & protect Will adequately & we'll beat A&M
    A&M is comfortable playing with 3 down linemen. Durkin knows how to defend Leach. We won't be able to protect. Should be a fairly easy win for A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    A&M is comfortable playing with 3 down linemen. Durkin knows how to defend Leach. We won't be able to protect. Should be a fairly easy win for A&M.
    LOL! OK!

vCash
    I don't agree with any of this.

- vs OM last year we dropped 3 TDs passes on the same drive & missed a FG. Should've scored 31 at least.
    - If A&M plays 3 down lineman, Will will have all day to throw. A&M doesn't have a Sam Williams type pass rusher or near the level of rushers that LSU has.
    - A&M can't score enough for any game to be an easy win.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

- vs OM last year we dropped 3 TDs passes on the same drive & missed a FG. Should've scored 31 at least.
    - If A&M plays 3 down lineman, Will will have all day to throw. A&M doesn't have a Sam Williams type pass rusher or near the level of rushers that LSU has.
    -We did drop passes on the same drive last year. We also dropped passes against LSU. We dropped 2 easy catches yesterday. Drops happen. Ole Miss dominated us last year. A&M has better defensive players than Ole Miss.
    -Will never has all day to throw against good competition. So that's a weird statement
    -A&M runs a plodding offense so they may not blow us out, but it will be an easy win.

vCash
    -We did drop passes on the same drive last year. We also dropped passes against LSU. We dropped 2 easy catches yesterday. Drops happen. Ole Miss dominated us last year. A&M has better defensive players than Ole Miss.
    -Will never has all day to throw against good competition. So that's a weird statement
    -A&M runs a plodding offense so they may not blow us out, but it will be an easy win.
    You seem convinced we'll get blown out at home by a team that couldn't score vs App State, only scored 17 vs a bad Miami team, & only had 16 offensive points vs Arkansas. I can't change your opinion
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-25-2022 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    You seem convinced. I can't change your opinion
    I'm usually spot on. Hopefully, this will be the rare occasion I'm wrong.

vCash
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason? I thought we hurt ourselves against OM just as much as Durkin knows how to defend us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason?
    Regardless of Durkin, if our defense just plays their normal game, we should only have to score 20-24 points to win.

vCash
    I think it will be a good game Hoops. Why so low after we beat them at their place last year? Durkin the reason? I thought we hurt ourselves against OM just as much as Durkin knows how to defend us.
    Durkin and the loss of Charles Cross. Our tackles were really bad against LSU. I don't think they can hold up. Arkansas had success with the QB runs which of course we don't have.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Sounds like you should go bet the house on underdog Texas A&M this weekend and make some easy money.

vCash
    - Ole Miss last year is not Ole Miss this year. Tulsa would have beaten them had Ole Miss not taken out their starting QB. That was the first game for the back up and they still almost beat Ole Miss.
    - TAMU was beaten by this MSU team on the road. As shown today, we are better now than last year. As shown, TAMU is not.

- TAMU runs the football into the DL. That will never work against MSU's DL. That is where we are the strongest.

Our weakness is the extreme edges and we are starting to solve that issue.

vCash

If aTm does the drop 8 a lot, then we should be able to protect Will. Then I feel it will be on our receivers to not have many drops because I believe Will will be accurate with minimal pressure. If they get pressure with 3 DL, it s game over anyway. We must protect Will.

vCash
    A&M is 108th in the country in scoring offense & that includes a game where they only scored 31 Sam Houston St

vCash
    If aTm does the drop 8 a lot, then we should be able to protect Will. Then I feel it will be on our receivers to not have many drops because I believe Will will be accurate with minimal pressure. If they get pressure with 3 DL, it s game over anyway. We must protect Will.
    I think Durkin has already watched the LSU game and is going to bull rush WR and either sack him and/or make him get flustered where he will throw behind the receivers or throw interceptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I think Durkin has already watched the LSU game and is going to bull rush WR and either sack him and/or make him get flustered where he will throw behind the receivers or throw interceptions.
    Then our receivers need to beat man coverage quickly. Man is what we are supposed to be strongest against(not against LSU for some reason). Leach should be watching that film too and have something ready to counter.

vCash
    If they get pressure with 3 DL, it s game over anyway. We must protect Will.
    Why is this still an IF? Every time we play a team with good DEs, we can't protect Will. It's been that way every game under Leach. If the team has a good DE, or especially 2, he's going to get pressured. Every play? Of course not. But enough to matter. Leach doesn't really care about blocking them. He wants the OTs to force them outside and he thinks that gives Will enough time to process the field and get the ball out before they get home. Ideally, he would step up in the pocket, but our 3 interior linemen usually struggle to block the NT, or heaven forbid the stunting LB too. If it was legal, I think Leach would just get rid of the OL altogether and put 9 WRs, 1RB, and a QB on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Why is this still an IF? Every time we play a team with good DEs, we can't protect Will. It's been that way every game under Leach. If the team has a good DE, or especially 2, he's going to get pressured. Every play? Of course not. But enough to matter. Leach doesn't really care about blocking them. He wants the OTs to force them outside and he thinks that gives Will enough time to process the field and get the ball out before they get home. Ideally, he would step up in the pocket, but our 3 interior linemen usually struggle to block the NT, or heaven forbid the stunting LB too. If it was legal, I think Leach would just get rid of the OL altogether and put 9 WRs, 1RB, and a QB on the field.
    Although it didn?t happen in the first year, 5 should be able to block 3. If not, we are screwed. I don?t think LSU got pressure with just 3. They overloaded us a fair amount and got pressure. This is when Will and our receivers must do better. Will has to check to the right play and get the ball out quicker. The receivers must make the catch and get quick separation.