Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A$M v arky

vCash
    Pittman didn't handle end game well... wasted two timeouts in last two minutes. Don't assume your kicker is going to make it.... they could have gotten the ball back and had another shot. But not wo two timeouts. I said it before he missed.

vCash
    You people are killing me. A$M still sucks on offense. They scored two offensive touchdowns Johnson had 151 yards on 11-21 passing against a bad secondary. Y?all need to chill.

Also, as a kicker i will tell you guys it sucks to miss a game winning kick. But if he is the kicker he should be he would want to be put back out there in a heart beat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Ark plays the type of game I think MSU should play. I just don?t think our offense is ever going to win in tough games. I know they lost tonight, but they had a chance.
    That's just it though we already have. We went 3-3 against teams ranked in the final cfp and 4-4 in sec. That's as good as mullen did outside of one year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    We're going to have a dog fight to have a chance at 8 wins.
    I want it but I just don’t think it’s possible unless we get better. And a couple of issues we have seemingly are not fixable, meaning we don’t have the athletes to match up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Pittman didn't handle end game well... wasted two timeouts in last two minutes. Don't assume your kicker is going to make it.... they could have gotten the ball back and had another shot. But not wo two timeouts. I said it before he missed.
    Never trust a game to a kicker if at all possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    This! I've seen it happen over and over. Heck Missouri did it today and it cost them a game too.

vCash
    Our road to 8 wins comes with these next two home games. We need to win both of them. If we go 8-4 that will be a solid year with this schedule. I still think LSU ends 2nd in the west and wins 9 games and is top 15 by the end of the year. I wish we had next years schedule with this years team.

vCash
    That?s such a bad argument, blaming a kicker to win a game is just easy when it comes to game winning options.

People don?t think about blaming the QB or the WR when they have a game winning option because the miss catch or missed throw is just seen as that another number on their stat sheet. But everyone expects the kicker to come out and make it every time. Give the kicker 25 to 40 tries a game and I promise he will miss less than the QB does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    That?s such a bad argument, blaming a kicker to win a game is just easy when it comes to game winning options.

People don?t think about blaming the QB or the WR when they have a game winning option because the miss catch or missed throw is just seen as that another number on their stat sheet. But everyone expects the kicker to come out and make it every time. Give the kicker 25 to 40 tries a game and I promise he will miss less than the QB does.
    Drinkwitz gave away back-to-back plays to try and score a TD in the Missouri game, taking two kneel downs instead to set up field goal position. And the kicker missed. In my opinion, you don’t give away those opportunities.

vCash

I don't blame the kicker I blame the coach. You're goal to goal down there in a game winning situation get the td.

vCash
    Drinkwitz gave away back-to-back plays to try and score a TD in the Missouri game, taking two kneel downs instead to set up field goal position. And the kicker missed. In my opinion, you don’t give away those opportunities.
    I think it?s stupid to give away throws that are there to be made to set up a kicker. A good kicker can make it from anywhere on the field under 50 or should. Take your shots and then when you have to set up your kicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I don't blame the kicker I blame the coach. You're goal to goal down there in a game winning situation get the td.
    Agreed! Kicking is the absolute last choice.

vCash
    This, all day, every day.

vCash

Uh. I think that's the point. They get one shot. It's not 100%. Its not that the kicker is bad. But if you put all your eggs in the kicker you're stupid. Thus - what I said prior to that- Pittman didn't handle the end game well. Made it where if the kicker makes it they might win. If he misses they for sure loses... bad coaching

vCash
    Uh. I think that's the point. They get one shot. It's not 100%. Its not that the kicker is bad. But if you put all your eggs in the kicker you're stupid. Thus - what I said prior to that- Pittman didn't handle the end game well. Made it where if the kicker makes it they might win. If he misses they for sure loses... bad coaching
    Pittman and Drinkiwitz both coached poorly at the end. Cost them games.

vCash
    I get you now.

vCash
    I want it but I just don’t think it’s possible unless we get better. And a couple of issues we have seemingly are not fixable, meaning we don’t have the athletes to match up.
    I assume the couple of issues to which you are referring that are not fixable are: (1) Lack of speed- especially on the edges and (2) Lack of pass rush to put heat on the QB.

vCash
    You're goal to goal down there in a game winning situation get the td.
    Every. Single. Time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I assume the couple of issues to which you are referring that are not fixable are: (1) Lack of speed- especially on the edges and (2) Lack of pass rush to put heat on the QB.
    Exactly.

And if I were to add a third it would be the ability to give Will a clean pocket. He gave us one glimpse of being able to step out of pocket pressure and deliver a pass. Just not sure that truly is a part if his game at this point.
    Last edited by EdwardDrayton; 09-25-2022 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    That is fixable.

Please remember, we played LSU with out Crumedy and Davis. Next go back and watch the BG game and see what's up with Davis and Russell in at the same time. Then rewatch it with some of the back up LBs. Page for one.

You put those 3 on the field against a passing team and you will get more pressure via speed.