Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season starts next Saturday....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    We can't afford to have a WTF game that is a thing with Leach
    We had that game last week.

vCash
    I imagine the aTm and Arkansas game will look similar to the LSU game. We will struggle along the LOS, offense and defense. However we will do enough to keep the game close to have a small lead and chance to win.

ATm doesn't have an exceptional athlete playing QB. I am not sure how accurate their QB guy is. However aTm and their QB seems very up and down. They would have quit if Jefferson scores instead of fumbles. Who knows which aTm we get but if we can get up on them early. They may just pout. However no mistakes by us.

Arkansas won't be as talented along the DL. However they will be talented none the less and focused. Arkansas won't quit and will be a tough out. This will be a physical game. Can we match their physical play. Again, no turnovers on offense, execute well on offense and we can win.

Kentucky.... I haven't seen them play. However on the road in sec is always tough. I think this game will be the toughest of the 3, even if Kentucky is the least talented of the 3.

If we go 3-0 in this stretch, wow. However I'd take 2-1 today if offered.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 09-25-2022 at 07:29 AM.

vCash
    Leach must go 2-1 in these next 3 before Alabama . Not even maybe , MUST. If we lose 2 of these we will lose another 2 against Alabama and Georgia then we will have 5 losses .

5 losses heading into the egg bowl.
    That?s worse than last year.
    Leach can?t regress with this team he has.

The fanbase has got to at bare minimum have an 8-4 team this year with the egg bowl. And a trip to the gator bowl or another Florida bowl to get 9 wins.

vCash
    Hoping for the best and I think we have the team to win all 3 of these next 3 but I haven?t seen anything tell me that we will from our end .

I will be all aboard the hype train if we come out next week and beat A&M. Because I think that?s the best of the 3 we will play.

Hopefully anais smith from Texas A&M will miss next week Atleast.

Hail State and I?ll be there for the Arkansas game/ homecoming

vCash
    Any word on smith's injury for aTm?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Any word on smith's injury for aTm?
    I?ve read espn articles saying he could be out for the season.

Looks to Atleast be out for next week hopefully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I?ve read espn articles saying he could be out for the season.

Looks to Atleast be out for next week hopefully.
    That would be huge for our chances

vCash
    I don't have any faith our defense will be able to stop Achane and A&M next week. Hopefully our O can keep the ball away from them long enough for us to win, but I believe we shoot ourselves in the foot way too many times. Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I don't have any faith our defense will be able to stop Achane and A&M next week. Hopefully our O can keep the ball away from them long enough for us to win, but I believe we shoot ourselves in the foot way too many times. Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...
    aTm seemed to find something offensively tonight in the 2nd quarter. Not sure if they can continue it, but they looked much better than they have all season after a brutal offensive start last night. We can't let Johnson hurt us running like ark did

vCash
    Why? This same defense held Spiller to 100 and Achane to 69 yards last year. If there is one thing we have done well consistently over the past 3 seasons is shutting down running games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I genuinely believe that 9-3 is still on the table.

We have a good football team.

We will simply need to win the games at home we are supposed to at home. My guess is that we will be favored in the A&M and Arkansas game. We won't be favored in the Kentucky game, we can win that game.

We simply need some things to go our way the rest of the season.

Hail State.

It is.

vCash
    It comes down to protecting Will and catching balls. Do those things and we win. Defense will do enough. And let's face it, this is basically every game going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We have a better secondary, but they have a much much much better DL.

Not for what Tamu and Ark does. They will have to attack the extreme edges, and that's not TAMU nor Ark's style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I wish we had Kansas State or Utah's coach.
    KSU is 3-1 this season and it's his 4th season. He is 14-14 in league play

The UTAH coach has been at Utah since 1994! Nobody has been able to hire him because he is Utah!

I wonder what Leach will do in years 5-10 here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I imagine the aTm and Arkansas game will look similar to the LSU game. We will struggle along the LOS, offense and defense. However we will do enough to keep the game close to have a small lead and chance to win.

ATm doesn't have an exceptional athlete playing QB. I am not sure how accurate their QB guy is. However aTm and their QB seems very up and down. They would have quit if Jefferson scores instead of fumbles. Who knows which aTm we get but if we can get up on them early. They may just pout. However no mistakes by us.

Arkansas won't be as talented along the DL. However they will be talented none the less and focused. Arkansas won't quit and will be a tough out. This will be a physical game. Can we match their physical play. Again, no turnovers on offense, execute well on offense and we can win.

Kentucky.... I haven't seen them play. However on the road in sec is always tough. I think this game will be the toughest of the 3, even if Kentucky is the least talented of the 3.

If we go 3-0 in this stretch, wow. However I'd take 2-1 today if offered.
    UK struggled with Northern Illinois.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    UK struggled with Northern Illinois.
    Not the 1st time this season either

They scored 13 offensive points on Florida.

Florida would?ve won 16-13 if Anthony Richardson doesn?t throw 2 pick 6?s

Kentucky cannot run the ball at all. They have a weak offensive line and Levis has to do everything himself.

If I had to rank our next 3 opponents

1. Texas A&M
    2. Arkansas
    3. Kentucky
    In order from best to worst .

And that?s the exact order we play them

vCash
    Look - i know that LSU was a game we should have won, but I'm moving forward.

I really think we are a more complete team than our next three opponents. If we can just play consistently, i really think we win all three.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Why? This same defense held Spiller to 100 and Achane to 69 yards last year. If there is one thing we have done well consistently over the past 3 seasons is shutting down running games.
    Yeah, You can no run straight at the Ms ST DL. We are built for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Look - i know that LSU was a game we should have won, but I'm moving forward.

I really think we are a more complete team than our next three opponents. If we can just play consistently, i really think we win all three.

People tend to overlook the fact that we played that game without our starters, Crumedy and Davis. Davis would have gotten to Daniels on some of those plays.

Personally, I would like to see Crumedy, Russell, and Davis on the field at the same time like with BG!

vCash
    Arkansas also leads the nation in sacks so they will feast on our Oline and Will I'm afraid...
    That is a worrisome stat. Good catch. They had 3 sacks v Cincy and ATm. 6 and 8 v Scar and SEMo respectively.