Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Future is BRIGHT!

vCash

Our Future is BRIGHT!

Loved what the back ups on defense flashed. Better speed at LB for sure. Loved the young WRS. The QB needs time to develop and remember, the guy is a freshman. We have a lot to build on!

vCash
    Add on to this our schedule next year. Seriously next year could be strong.

This year can still be pretty damn fun.

vCash
    We're gonna be just fine. Time for the haters to come aboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

I believe we can still have a great year. 9 wins is doable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

Yep, we get a cupcake schedule like ole miss has this year, also q b, receivers, backs are a year older. A lot of wins will be racked up, joy for most of the fan base.

vCash
    Lot of people on here just don't like Leachs offense so they're always gonna find something to whine about. I've been around for the veer, wishbone, I formation, spread and everything we've ever run and now the air raid. All I care about is winning games and I don't care how we do it. We're exactly where we've been the last 12 years a 6-8 win team consistently and a bowl game every year. Don't get me wrong I'd love nattys or playoffs every year but the way cfb is setup only about 4-6 teams have a shot. We've come along way since o started being a State fan and we're no longer a cellar dweller, we're a solid middle of the sec team now and while that may not sound like
    much is far better than what we were. If Leach sets us back to the 3-4 win range then I'll be ready for him to go too but i don't see that happening.

vCash
    The backups gave up that last score. Leach and Arnett chewed that ass too. They were not good outside a couple guys that play some anyway. So bad that Leach said we need to find another 2nd team if they're that bad. We beat a team that's terrible and had no HC or starting QB. Next three games will tell the story of this season.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-24-2022 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    If Rogers uses up all his eligibility, will Sawyer wait 2 more years after this?

He will be a senior.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lot of people on here just don't like Leachs offense so they're always gonna find something to whine about. I've been around for the veer, wishbone, I formation, spread and everything we've ever run and now the air raid. All I care about is winning games and I don't care how we do it. We're exactly where we've been the last 12 years a 6-8 win team consistently and a bowl game every year. Don't get me wrong I'd love nattys or playoffs every year but the way cfb is setup only about 4-6 teams have a shot. We've come along way since o started being a State fan and we're no longer a cellar dweller, we're a solid middle of the sec team now and while that may not sound like
    much is far better than what we were. If Leach sets us back to the 3-4 win range then I'll be ready for him to go too but i don't see that happening.
    That’s a pretty fair assessment. You know when Leach was hired at Texas Tech, they were a conventional running team from Spike Dykes days. The older established fans didn’t like the new dangled passing offense, but they eventually either got on the bandwagon or were shouted down as the wins starting racking up. They called them the “good ol boys”.

The other thing that happens sometimes is a fan base takes on a losers mentality.

Washington State was so bad and so poor, they were just very appreciative of going from the sewer to pounding Oregon and USC there wasn’t much dissension.

Fishdawg has it right, the only way to really get over the wall is something unconventional. I don’t like Cohen but in this case he made a very smart gamble.

vCash
    Is Sawyer can’t beat out Will Rogers next fall he is gone. And if he can’t than good luck. I would absolutely love for him to stay and thrive because his potential is certainly there but let the best man win and lead this team. Whomever that may be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Rogers uses up all his eligibility, will Sawyer wait 2 more years after this?

He will be a senior.
    I think Sawyer takes over in his Jr year. Rogers will be drafted imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Is Sawyer can’t beat out Will Rogers next fall he is gone. And if he can’t than good luck. I would absolutely love for him to stay and thrive because his potential is certainly there but let the best man win and lead this team. Whomever that may be.
    Sawyer is gone after this season imo, unless the other two greenies roll off first.

vCash
    I doubt Sawyer is going anywhere, but it really doesn’t matter that much. There is no shortage of four star q bs we have and can get. Other positions are much more in need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Sawyer is gone after this season imo, unless the other two greenies roll off first.
    It is entirely possible. It if he can’t beat Rogers wouldn’t you want the best man on your team in there? I am not knocking Sawyer at all or Greek or the Parson kid. Let the best man win the job. Which I truly think CML does a good job of.

vCash
    Will Rogers is not getting drafted this year.

Will Rogers will be here next year

He might leave after next year but he is not ready for the NFL as a 3rd year

vCash
    Rogers only has one more year. He's not staying after that. He's already told folks. Why would Robertson leave unless he falls down the board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rogers only has one more year. He's not staying after that. He's already told folks. Why would Robertson leave unless he falls down the board?
    My reasoning behind it is NIL and starting opportunities next year. I hope he stays don’t get me wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The kid from Tennessee will be the most talented QB on campus when he gets here.

vCash
    Is it my imagination but it seems like first hit on QB by our defense is always a miss. He gets away from the first guy. Not just this game but all four.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post