Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Future is BRIGHT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Is Sawyer can’t beat out Will Rogers next fall he is gone. And if he can’t than good luck. I would absolutely love for him to stay and thrive because his potential is certainly there but let the best man win and lead this team. Whomever that may be.
    Too much emphasis put on potential, what can they do now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rogers only has one more year. He's not staying after that. He's already told folks. Why would Robertson leave unless he falls down the board?
    Unless he's getting drafted, he'll be back in 2024. Why wouldn't he want to etch his name permanently into all of the NCAA record books?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Rogers uses up all his eligibility, will Sawyer wait 2 more years after this?

He will be a senior.
    Didn't Sawyer RS last year? With Parson coming in next year, look for Greek or even Robertson to hit the portal to get playing time somewhere else.

vCash
    Sawyer looked lost

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't Sawyer RS last year? With Parson coming in next year, look for Greek or even Robertson to hit the portal to get playing time somewhere else.
    Why? Parson will redshirt next year. He will get his opportunity around his Jr year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    He will get his opportunity around his Jr year.
    With the new transfer (and NIL) rules, it's a fantasy to expect talented guys to stick around this long and wait their turn. Don't like it, but it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If Rogers uses up all his eligibility, will Sawyer wait 2 more years after this?

He will be a senior.
    Nope. I said it earlier this week, sawyer is never going to be the starter here, barring an injury to will.

vCash
    Is Sawyer can?t beat out Will Rogers next fall he is gone. And if he can?t than good luck. I would absolutely love for him to stay and thrive because his potential is certainly there but let the best man win and lead this team. Whomever that may be.
    I don't know sawyer but I'd be shocked if he's here next fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I think Sawyer takes over in his Jr year. Rogers will be drafted imo
    You think Rogers is going to declare?? Well he's brave then. But to each his own. Have to get on w life.

vCash
    Rogers only has one more year. He's not staying after that. He's already told folks. Why would Robertson leave unless he falls down the board?
    Oh really? Funny I know someone very close to him and that hasn't come up or been mentioned. He might leave. Fine. But I'll be shocked if he isn't our qb In 24
    Luke Hancock wasn't coming back either... sometimes there's only one option...

vCash
    7-5 and a loss to OM and Leach can pack his bags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Oh really? Funny I know someone very close to him and that hasn't come up or been mentioned. He might leave. Fine. But I'll be shocked if he isn't our qb In 24
    He won't be here in 24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Sawyer looked lost
    His OL was really bad

vCash
    My reasoning behind it is NIL and starting opportunities next year. I hope he stays don’t get me wrong.
    Why do you think people are just going to start throwing NIL money at Sawyer Robertson? And based on what? Not today for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think someone will give him a shot in the NFL. Now that might be as a free agent. And it might be in 2025 for sure.

vCash
    He won't be here in 24.
    I can't divulge my sources, but Will plans to play 7 years and break Austin Williams longevity record.***** Hail State!

vCash
    His OL was really bad
    Well if the whole gripe with Rogers is can't escape pressure that wasn't promising

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why do you think people are just going to start throwing NIL money at Sawyer Robertson? And based on what? Not today for sure.
    Because he was a higher profile high school recruit with a strong arm. There is a school somewhere that will throw something his way and promise him a starting role. Look at what some of these transfer QBs are getting NIL wise.

vCash
    Because he was a higher profile high school recruit with a strong arm. There is a school somewhere that will throw something his way and promise him a starting role. Look at what some of these transfer QBs are getting NIL wise.
    Yeah, I going to disagree with that. QBs are coming to MSU because of Leach and learning the system that is now in the NFL. They get to showcase everything they have in the top conference. And TOP division. He knows he is a freshman. Rogers could have a break out year and leave because of the timing. He could leave next year and Sawyer still have 2 to 3 years to start.

Somebody IS going to eventually leave. It will always happen. but I don't see it with Sawyer unless he is beat out in the spring of what should be his year to start.

However, none of that matters. Either he can win that role now, or he can't. If he can't and wants to leave, Next man up. Locke is a guy who broke King's record and Murray's record in TX.

BTW... Isn't it great to have QBs of this caliber and it has us talking about them transferring?

vCash
    He won't be here in 24.
    Well, i would think there i someone that posts on here quite regularly that would know the answer to this.

I don't see Will leaving before exhausting his eligibility, and I would think we could put together a solid NIL deal to get him to stay another year.