Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Thread

vCash
    Our 2 minute defense is garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's 24-29 for 274 w 4 td's and we punted once. The 5 incompletions I guess are unacceptable. Otherwise ......
    It?s Bowling Green?..

vCash
    Dang guys, we're up 31-7 enjoy!

vCash
    How is that not a personal foul on BG?

Banned
    vCash
    Let the kicker try the FG for shits and giggles imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    It?s Bowling Green?..
    That's who we're playing. Would you rather him suck against bowling green??? Wtf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Most DCs won?t run man with us there not sure why they decided to. I give will a lot of warranted criticism but he is pretty great when they go 1v1 on our receivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Most DCs aren't stupid enough to play man against us. That was a DC being stupid and rushing 4 instead of 3 (which worked the drive before) and letting them man up our best wr.
    It isn't totally Will. It's the offense play-calling and adjustments.
    Moving in the pocket isn?t a scheme. No coach wants their QB just stand there with bricks for feet. They want their QB to move and find guys. I don?t think Will is very comfy doing that.

vCash
    That's who we're playing. Would you rather him suck against bowling green??? Wtf
    Of course not. But bringing up his stats against one of the worst teams in the FBS is meaningless. Those numbers should be expected in this offense. I think it’s okay to discuss/lament the things that get need to be cleaned up when we play someone that matters.

vCash
    I'd love to trade a couple of our decent receivers for a couple of so so DE's.

Banned
    vCash
    He's 24-29 for 274 w 4 td's and we punted once. The 5 incompletions I guess are unacceptable. Otherwise ......
    Leach said it.

We got plenty of room to improve. Lot of us here recognize that as well. We've solidly played our B game today. Outside of one drive the defense emotionally quit and BGSU had a fluke play, they've been an A. We've had 2 plays that are pick 6s against an SEC D.

To be honest if we just remove the outside WR screen from the playbook then I think myself and everyone else on here says our offense has fixed most of its issues. I chalk up the LT issues to Dolla Bill injury. Great week to have it.

vCash
    Simply playing devil’s advocate with this…. But some of that could be explained by talent level. Doesn’t take much to look better against below average to bad competition.

Will tends to dice bad teams and struggles against above average ones.
    I agree except I think Will gets in his head when he plays bigger and better teams. To take the next step he has to learn to be composed in tough games.

vCash
    Our 2 minute defense is garbage.
    He subbed the house pretty much! Most of the starters were on the sideline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Moving in the pocket isn?t a scheme. No coach wants their QB just stand there with bricks for feet. They want their QB to move and find guys. I don?t think Will is very comfy doing that.
    You obviously haven't paid attention to Leachs thought process on this. And moving out of the pocket is definitely taught, coached, encouraged and brought about by play design if needed. We lack majorly in this category and Leach always has. Why we don't have play designs for when our tackles are getting man-handled is sad.

vCash
    I would love to see the changes on defense. I see PAGE in a lot today. He has better speed and on that last INT, he was the guy up the middle to force the QB out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    He subbed the house pretty much! Most of the starters were on the sideline.
    We had starters all over the field that drive. Richardson got the TD scored on him. Forbes had one of the holding calls. Duncan had the pick called back. Green was out there on the other holding call I believe.

vCash
    You obviously haven't paid attention to Leachs thought process on this. And moving out of the pocket is definitely taught, coached, encouraged and brought about by play design if needed. We lack majorly in this category and Leach always has. Why we don't have play designs for when our tackles are getting man-handled is sad.
    Leach will be here for the next 3 years. And that makes me happy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Leach said it.

We got plenty of room to improve. Lot of us here recognize that as well. We've solidly played our B game today. Outside of one drive the defense emotionally quit and BGSU had a fluke play, they've been an A. We've had 2 plays that are pick 6s against an SEC D.

To be honest if we just remove the outside WR screen from the playbook then I think myself and everyone else on here says our offense has fixed most of its issues. I chalk up the LT issues to Dolla Bill injury. Great week to have it.
    I disagree. Will?s inability to process the field in a sec quickness is the main issue. He wants to move about his job about 3 milliseconds to slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Leach will be here for the next 3 years. And that makes me happy!
    You just ruined his day!!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I agree except I think Will gets in his head when he plays bigger and better teams. To take the next step he has to learn to be composed in tough games.
    And to be fair he is a true junior with 3 more years to play two next year onward. Just that room is going to challenge him. Good problem to have.

vCash
    We had starters all over the field that drive. Richardson got the TD scored on him. Forbes had one of the holding calls. Duncan had the pick called back. Green was out there on the other holding call I believe.
    You said our 2 minute. We had Preston, Banks, Page, Ellington, Timbs. Young... Those are not the starters.