Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I disagree. Will?s inability to process the field in a sec quickness is the main issue. He wants to move about his job about 3 milliseconds to slow.
    To be fair he started process a little quicker as the game has gone on. Those screens were just so jarringly bad. Those are game losing plays we can not have against better competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You obviously haven't paid attention to Leachs thought process on this. And moving out of the pocket is definitely taught, coached, encouraged and brought about by play design if needed. We lack majorly in this category and Leach always has. Why we don't have play designs for when our tackles are getting man-handled is sad.
    I?m not saying I disagree with you. But please show me where leach has has that he doesn?t like his QB to move in the pocket. He would rather his QB stay in and get sacked? I have seen that a lot said on this thread about it but never out of leaches mouth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Leach will be here for the next 3 years. And that makes me happy!
    What is going to happen is Leach has a weak schedule next year and is going to win a lot, similar to the ole miss cupcake schedule this year.

This will crush the negative Nancy’s who pine for a power run game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    You said our 2 minute. We had Preston, Banks, Page, Ellington, Timbs. Young... Those are not the starters.
    Lol. You’re right. I confused myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You just ruined his day!!
    He'll be OK!

vCash
    I?m not saying I disagree with you. But please show me where leach has has that he doesn?t like his QB to move in the pocket. He would rather his QB stay in and get sacked? I have seen that a lot said on this thread about it but never out of leaches mouth.
    It’s total BS , Gardner Minshew made so many of his plays while moving from the pocket. It’s obvious that Will is not blessed with quickness or foot speed, not a knock on Will just a clear fact like the sky is blue and water is wet.

vCash
    I disagree. Will?s inability to process the field in a sec quickness is the main issue. He wants to move about his job about 3 milliseconds to slow.
    Will progresses through his reads as good as any QB in college football. You are being ridiculous

vCash
    Leach has never stated that and Leach has had QBs that could do it. Minshew even ran it. Heck he had positive yards for the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    To be fair he started process a little quicker as the game has gone on. Those screens were just so jarringly bad. Those are game losing plays we can not have against better competition.
    I agree with that. But take last week for instance, started hot and just went limp for the rest of the game.

vCash
    Will progresses through his reads as good as any QB in college football. You are being ridiculous
    Yes he does a lot of the time, that is why he’s out there. He just needs to stay sharp. I like two plays Will made today, he stepped up in the pocket and he also moved outside the pocket to his left and made a completion on the move. He needs to keep it up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Leach said it.

We got plenty of room to improve. Lot of us here recognize that as well. We've solidly played our B game today. Outside of one drive the defense emotionally quit and BGSU had a fluke play, they've been an A. We've had 2 plays that are pick 6s against an SEC D.

To be honest if we just remove the outside WR screen from the playbook then I think myself and everyone else on here says our offense has fixed most of its issues. I chalk up the LT issues to Dolla Bill injury. Great week to have it.
    There's always room to improve. Of course. Every coach is going to say that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    It’s total BS , Gardner Minshew made so many of his plays while moving from the pocket. It’s obvious that Will is not blessed with quickness or foot speed, not a knock on Will just a clear fact like the sky is blue and water is wet.
    Agreed! But he is quick enough to move some. Every QB has an internal clock and feel for the pocket, either his clock is slow or his feel is off.

vCash
    He doesn't want him to stay in and get sacked but the qbs are taught to step up in the pocket not leave the pocket. Minshew had 119 rushing yards total at Washington state by the way.

vCash
    Agreed! But he is quick enough to move some. Every QB has an internal clock and feel for the pocket, either his clock is slow or his feel is off.
    That’s true just like when he moved to his left no made a completion, it’s poise and feeling the pressure....two skills you have to have especially when you are slow footed.

vCash
    Objective? my biggest thing is his inability to create more time in the pocket. He stays in way to long. Moving in the pocket like every good QB does would give this offense a lot of extra time to develop.

vCash
    Duncan with the smack down on the qb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    Duncan with the smack down on the qb
    That was a great blitz call

vCash
    He doesn't want him to stay in and get sacked but the qbs are taught to step up in the pocket not leave the pocket. Minshew had 119 rushing yards total at Washington state by the way.
    That?s my point. He doesn?t move in the pocket very well. That to me is his worst part of his game.

vCash
    We may block a punt today.

Also no one but Zavion Thomas should be fielding punts from now on.

vCash
    Huge hole for DJ to run through