Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I tried to tell you guys

vCash

I tried to tell you guys

In late August when this board was filled with dreams of 10-2, I tried to tell you guys the situation. We are a 7-5 team, we have to compare talent to talent. We are in the Auburn, UK, UM and Ark tier of the conference, we need to split with those four and steal another win. Unfortunately UM and UK may be better than anticipated, but Auburn may be worse, so far Ark is about what was expected.

Coach34, I hope you were trolling and not being naive in your followup comment.

Last edited by viverlibre; 08-31-2022 at 09:10 PM.

We lose to Bama and UGA. We likely lose to (but also have a realistic chance of winning) LSU and TAMU. Those four teams greatly out talent us. We win all 4 non-conf games. Our season comes down to UK/UM/Ark and the Barn. We win 3 of those 4 and we are 7-5, knock off LSU with a new coach in an early season matchup and we are 8-4. Ole Miss has Vandy and KU as their east opponents, this year....replacing our UGA game with Vandy would be great.

I like Leach as a coach and will always think we was a good hire at time, no matter if he fails here in the next year or two. Unfortunately to me, he has not proven to be a master tactician who maximizes his talent or schemes to protect his team's deficiencies. I think this year he's going to make adjustments and prove to everyone he's a very good coach, but with our schedule, 8-4 will be a very good coaching job.

Coach34's AvatarJoin Date
    Mar 2013
    vCash
    LSU greatly out talents us? What? Thats not even close to being true.

vCash
    Why would anyone gloat just 3 games into the season? Whether you had us as a good team or a bad team, wait til November!

vCash
    Ole Miss has played absolutely no one and still can’t do anything but run the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    In late August when this board was filled with dreams of 10-2, I tried to tell you guys the situation. We are a 7-5 team, we have to compare talent to talent. We are in the Auburn, UK, UM and Ark tier of the conference, we need to split with those four and steal another win. Unfortunately UM and UK may be better than anticipated, but Auburn may be worse, so far Ark is about what was expected.

We lose to Bama and UGA. We likely lose to (but also have a realistic chance of winning) LSU and TAMU. Those four teams greatly out talent us. We win all 4 non-conf games. Our season comes down to UK/UM/Ark and the Barn. We win 3 of those 4 and we are 7-5, knock off LSU with a new coach in an early season matchup and we are 8-4. Ole Miss has Vandy and KU as their east opponents, this year....replacing our UGA game with Vandy would be great.

I like Leach as a coach and will always think we was a good hire at time, no matter if he fails here in the next year or two. Unfortunately to me, he has not proven to be a master tactician who maximizes his talent or schemes to protect his team's deficiencies. I think this year he's going to make adjustments and prove to everyone he's a very good coach, but with our schedule, 8-4 will be a very good coaching job.

Mar 2013
    vCash
    shut up bitch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    shut up bitch
    What's your problem soy boy? Can't take the truth? Many folks on the board, who are thought to be experts, either don't understand football or let their rose colored glasses have too great an influence. On the other had, I'm certainly not an expert, but can use deductive reasoning.

vCash
    I feel like this was written by one of those "flat earth" people. If you can't believe your own eyes then how is there anything anyone can say to convince you?
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-22-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    We led for 3 quarters in Tiger Stadium but the problem is we made way too many glaring mistakes. Muffing a punt to give LSU a TD being the biggest one. Just like last year we are going to play a lot of very close games in the SEC and if we don't do a better job on special teams and not having costly penalties and not dropping balls that hit us in the hands then we will lose most of them just like we did last year. At State we seem to always have a lot of guys that make a bunch of sloppy mistakes during big games and that makes the Air Raid difficult. Its much harder to run an Air Raid and keep mistakes to a minimum than a run based offense like Mullen had. Special teams always seem to be a problem for us no matter who the HC is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We led for 3 quarters in Tiger Stadium but the problem is we made way too many glaring mistakes. Muffing a punt to give LSU a TD being the biggest one. Just like last year we are going to play a lot of very close games in the SEC and if we don't do a better job on special teams and not having costly penalties and not dropping balls that hit us in the hands then we will lose most of them just like we did last year. At State we seem to always have a lot of guys that make a bunch of sloppy mistakes during big games and that makes the Air Raid difficult. Its much harder to run an Air Raid and keep mistakes to a minimum than a run based offense like Mullen had. Special teams always seem to be a problem for us no matter who the HC is.
    The biggest problem I see with the Air Raid so far is lack of big plays. We control the clock with slow drives, but mistakes set offenses back and most times we lack the ability to overcome. I suppose the biggest reason is the lack of talent to overcome and sustain the drive. We are in the same boat as the old outdated "wishbone", which had long drives a lot of the time unless the team had better talent to make big plays.
    Air Raid has shown it can work, but I think you have to mix things up with different formations at times. But I'm just wanting us to be successful and win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Why would anyone gloat just 3 games into the season? Whether you had us as a good team or a bad team, wait til November!
    ^This!

vCash
    I said earlier this month that the LSU game would decide whether we are going to have a big year ( 10-2 or 9-3)

Well we arent going to have a big year

Im here to make another statement

The Arkansas game will decide if we have a bad year. (6-6 or 5-7)

Arkansas has the worst rated Pass defense in FBS this season through 3 games.

If we can not score 30+ on Arkansas at home and win I do not believe we make a bowl game this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I said earlier this month that the LSU game would decide whether we are going to have a big year ( 10-2 or 9-3)

Well we arent going to have a big year

Im here to make another statement

The Arkansas game will decide if we have a bad year. (6-6 or 5-7)

Arkansas has the worst rated Pass defense in FBS this season through 3 games.

If we can not score 30+ on Arkansas at home and win I do not believe we make a bowl game this season.
    Arkansas leads the FBS in sacks with 17

Their D line is no joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The biggest problem I see with the Air Raid so far is lack of big plays. We control the clock with slow drives, but mistakes set offenses back and most times we lack the ability to overcome. I suppose the biggest reason is the lack of talent to overcome and sustain the drive. We are in the same boat as the old outdated "wishbone", which had long drives a lot of the time unless the team had better talent to make big plays.
    Air Raid has shown it can work, but I think you have to mix things up with different formations at times. But I'm just wanting us to be successful and win!
    I think we just need to not have a collective break down in one game. Stop muffin punts inside your own 10 that results in a fumble. Stop dropping passes that would have made a first down that killed drives. Stop missing blocks by the RBs that get the QB planted. Do that and we would have won that game. So let's see how we respond over the next month.

No doubt that we are building a program. It's evident in the growth and in the young players that are coming up. I hope the staff keeps up the portal and developing an OL.

I see more explosive plays this year too. WAY more. We had 2 rushing plays that were explosive at LSU. 37 yards TD by Marks, 35 yard rush by Johnson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

Their D line is no joke
    Yeah, they have holes, but being able to get the ball off is going to be a massive task. Rogers is going to have to make the right reads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I feel like this was written by one of those "flat earth" people. If you can't believe your own eyes then how is there anything anyone can say to convince you?
    LSU got the momentum in the 4th Q from a dropped punt at our 10 yard line. We were winning the game at that point. We obviously weren't lagging in talent too much
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When LSU started playing they went on a 31-3 run and there wasn't a damn thing we could do about it.

ETA: I admit I thought we were going to win that game because we were more technically sound than they were. But, after watching the way the white jerseys just ran away from the maroon ones at nearly every level.... nope.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-22-2022 at 01:53 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It is the way of our people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

Their D line is no joke
    If they are getting sacks by bringing a lot of pressure and playing man, we will torch them. If they are getting a lot of sacks only bringing 4, we're probably screwed.

vCash

Mar 2013
    vCash
    I just perused the C34 quote, but what's untrue about anything in it? oh, and the "LSU has more talent" quote is certainly true if one buys in on the service ranking...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    LSU got the momentum in the 4th Q from a dropped punt at our 10 yard line. We were winning the game at that point. We obviously weren't lagging in talent too much
    Jackie Wayne Sherrill had a saying that, "talent wins in the end," meaning talent makes plays in crucial situations. The way they wrecked us in the 4th quarter proves how much more talent they have than us. They played a terrible game and skull drug us, I doubt we have more than a couple of players that would start on either side of the ball for them. Remember their freshmen Olinemen you were lamenting? They blocked us pretty well.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 09-22-2022 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    They beat our ass. 31-16 is a beatdown.