Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NIL wont affect us some of you said.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    We are awful at identifying and recruiting portal players
    Polk

Jordan Morant 4 star

Hunter Washington 4 star

Justin Robinson 6-4 / 220 WR 4 star

Jordan Mosley 4 star

Jackie Matthews 4 star

Marcus Banks 4 star

Greene 5 star

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Polk

Jordan Morant 4 star

Hunter Washington 4 star

Jordan Mosley 4 star

Jackie Matthews 4 star

Marcus Banks 4 star

Greene 5 star
    I'm sure glad you listed them all so I can see we're batting a great .200 on contributions from our portal players.

vCash
    We are awful at identifying and recruiting portal players
    Then we need to get better at that. It's a much more realistic path for us to get talent to Starkville.

vCash
    Polk

Jordan Morant 4 star

Hunter Washington 4 star

Jordan Mosley 4 star

Jackie Matthews 4 star

Marcus Banks 4 star

Greene 5 star
    Outside of Polk, who has been an instant big contributor? (Not counting players now in year 1. You left off Lashley and the WR from bama that didn't last the season). Green must be one of the most over rated Texas 5 stars ever,

vCash
    Polk

Jordan Morant 4 star

Hunter Washington 4 star

Jordan Mosley 4 star

Jackie Matthews 4 star

Marcus Banks 4 star

Greene 5 star

So what you are telling me is stars don't matter. It ain't the stars I been saying that for years. Yes some stars matter but just because they got 4-5 don't mean jack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    In all seriousness are we the poorest school in the conference?
    Yes. And it?s not even close.

vCash
    It’s all of this and the fan base is apathetic. Every year success is hyped and it’s always the same result. Mediocre to poor results and now the one thing state could hang it’s hat on (baseball) is a train wreck. The fan base is checking out. LSU game was an opportunity to take a step and the program failed. Miserably. Until the MSU athletic program gets serious about results the fan base will continue to check out.

Everyone complaining several years back about the handful of fans demanding better results, more aggressive recruiting tactics, and not being satisfied with mediocre bowl games are now seeing what continued mediocrity brings. Apathy.

vCash
    We will be lucky to have 30,000 actual this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    As I have posted before, our current list of "Top Targets" on Genespage only has 3 HS players left that are "warm" to us and only one is a 4 star. Looking at the list, do we even recruit many 4 stars (most may already committed)? OM is still around 50, they seem to be committed to the portal, but have about 3 of the top 5 MS HS players. They may become great players, but we seem to be hitting TN hard but even though they are top 25 rated in that state, I have often read here that TN is not exactly a recruiting hotbed even for UT. Sign me worried that this will even be a TOP 30 class. We must increa$e our recruiting budget big time now.
    Remind us again how much you donated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    I'm sure glad you listed them all so I can see we're batting a great .200 on contributions from our portal players.
    We are batting 100. Where do you see we aren't? Is it because some of these are Freshmen and currently play a lesser role? Greene starts. Mathews came in and is now starting. Banks is in rotation. Polk Started when here. Washington is a Freshman 4 star. Robinson is a So and has caught a TD this season. Mosley is a Freshman. Morant.. a So.. he's played in every game backing up.

All of these younger players recruited, we are going to need in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Outside of Polk, who has been an instant big contributor? (Not counting players now in year 1. You left off Lashley and the WR from bama that didn't last the season). Green must be one of the most over rated Texas 5 stars ever,
    Most all of the ones I listed are from this past recruiting season and I listed in the post above their class. Sorry that you evidently don't like it?? Greene does a damn good job. Lashely... That should tell you how messed up our recruiting was prior and everybody agrees the OL is an area that has hurt Ms ST for the past 5 plus years. The bama WR got dismissed due to his own actions.

R2Dawg

So what you are telling me is stars don't matter. It ain't the stars I been saying that for years. Yes some stars matter but just because they got 4-5 don't mean jack.
    Not even sure how you get that from what I posted. If they didn't matter, then there would be no ranking system and bama would not be BAMA. Tell that to UGA. Tell it to any other top 10 team.

The fact is we are using the portal. We are doing pretty damn great in it for what our over all needs were. Our biggest need this past season was DBs. This class will have different needs and we will see what is out there and how we do.

And here is what I have been saying. We are building a program. That takes time for it to be done right. Names mentioned here, like Clawson.. all have had to have time to build it to where you like what you see. Clawson took 5 years at his previous stop and 5 at the current stop to have a good team that competed. Mullen took time. But that's not what you and some others want. You want it now regardless of progress.
    Last edited by BlackSailsDawg; 09-22-2022 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    This thread got me thinking about our future and it just seems like with us not taking advantage when Ole Miss was in the gutter by hiring Moorehead and letting Ole Miss come back and hire Kiffin they have all the momentum and more money than us just doesn't look bright ahead making me sad

vCash
    This thread got me thinking about our future and it just seems like with us not taking advantage when Ole Miss was in the gutter by hiring Moorehead and letting Ole Miss come back and hire Kiffin they have all the momentum and more money than us just doesn't look bright ahead making me sad
    I'd actually go back to Croom and Coach O on that. LT shit the bed hiring Croom while OM had a massive brain fart with O. If we had hired Jimbo back then we would be talking about things a lot differently right now. We might have ended up on probation with Jimbo but Croom set us back twenty years anyway. Even Mullen's average coaching and minimal requests of facilities and fan support seemed light years ahead when it was just the bare minimum most programs had already been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Remind us again how much you donated.
    It’s about ROI. Why would I fund an NIL or donate $100k+ when I don’t believe in this athletic departments capability to capitalize on it? I’ve seen nothing to indicate it will be managed well. Certainly not in football or basketball. In regards to baseball they had all the momentum and good publicity they will ever have and they flushed it all last year. Total mismanagement. Bad investment at present.

vCash
    I can not just blame JoMo. I blame Mullen for what happened in his final season and then JoMo for not cleaning it up and allowing it to get worse. He was in WAY over his head!

vCash
    You know it’s bad when we have an “oh well” attitude about losing to Ole Miss a third time.

vCash
    In all seriousness are we the poorest school in the conference?
    Yeah most likely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It’s about ROI. Why would I fund an NIL or donate $100k+ when I don’t believe in this athletic departments capability to capitalize on it? I’ve seen nothing to indicate it will be managed well. Certainly not in football or basketball. In regards to baseball they had all the momentum and good publicity they will ever have and they flushed it all last year. Total mismanagement. Bad investment at present.
    Certainly believe many folks have at least some doubt that increased giving will elevate us to truly competitive at the highest level.

vCash
    Polk

Jordan Morant 4 star

Hunter Washington 4 star

Jordan Mosley 4 star

Jackie Matthews 4 star

Marcus Banks 4 star

Greene 5 star
    Polk - good
    Morant - 0 tackles
    Washington - 1 tackle
    Robinson - 1 catch
    Mosley - 0 catches
    Matthews - good
    Banks - 3 tackles
    Greene - good

so 3 starters/good players in 2 years? Thats awful

vCash
    Polk - good
    Morant - 0 tackles
    Washington - 1 tackle
    Robinson - 1 catch
    Mosley - 0 catches
    Matthews - good
    Banks - 3 tackles
    Greene - good

so 3 starters/good players in 2 years? Thats awful
    No it isn't. We are batting 100. Is it because some of these are Freshmen and currently play a lesser role? Greene starts. Mathews came in and is now starting. Banks is in rotation. Polk Started when here. Washington is a Freshman 4 star. Robinson is a So and has caught a TD this season. Mosley is a Freshman. Morant.. a So.. he's played in every game backing up.

All of these younger players recruited, we are going to need in the near future and we used the portal to bring them in.