Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want a preview of where this system goes? Happening right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Wasn't this the point of signing Chris Parson?

A pass first QB that can run if protection breaks down.

Not to mention he does throw a good catchable ball to receivers.

That is. Minshew ran it and when he did, WSU won 11 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Are we recruiting any h-back/TEs?

NOPE! Nor did I suggest we were. I stated that we are moving towards being able to run it via I QB and even out lined that for you to ignore and go on a rant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    So a team switched to the air raid in a single offseason and is having more success than we are when we've been running it for years now?

No sire they are not. They almost lost to a 1-1 Purdue and have not played an LSU type team. And again, nobody is suggesting that Rogers can run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    NOPE! Nor did I suggest we were. I stated that we are moving towards being able to run it via I QB and even out lined that for you to ignore and go on a rant.
    Syracuse runs 3-wide with a te or an h-back. That makes a big difference when trying to run the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    So a team switched to the air raid in a single offseason and is having more success than we are when we've been running it for years now?
    Syracuse ran it 63% last year, and they run in 61% this year. They're just running out of different formations

vCash
    That is. Minshew ran it and when he did, WSU won 11 games.
    Minshew had 58 carries for 119 yards for the SEASON. 13 of those were sacks- so 45 carries. So 3.5 carries a game

Shrader has 46 carries for 201 yards in 3 GAMES. 6 sacks so 40 carries. 13 carries per game

Cmon Mane. This is a terrible troll attempt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Minshew was no speed demon, senior year he could barely hit 5.0 forty

vCash
    Syracuse runs 3-wide with a te or an h-back. That makes a big difference when trying to run the ball.
    We've used Dillon as the H-back on some of those two back sets. I really think we should do that more than we are.

vCash
    Again. Air Raid. His scramble make up a large portion of his rushing attempts. Again, We also have the read option in our play book. We don't use for a reason. BUT when the younger guys begin their starts here, we will morph into more of this.

vCash
    Syracuse ran it 63% last year, and they run in 61% this year. They're just running out of different formations
    Nope. They are running the air Raid and there own player and coaches are telling you that. But it's ok that you don't get it.

vCash
    Nope. They are running the air Raid and there own player and coaches are telling you that. But it's ok that you don't get it.
    Call it whatever you want - they throw the ball 39% of the time in the air raid

vCash
    Syracuse isn't an air raid team.
    We aren't gonna use someone like shrader.
    We are nothing like Syracuse.

This thread makes no sense

I would looooooovvvvvveeeee for us to be a run heavy offense with a mobile qb though
    Agree but can you imagine a running QB in our system allowed to run when it is there? It could be lethal. Just tweak what we have a we could have something. Most college QBs can throw a 10 yard pass OK.

vCash
    Syracuse national ranks...
    Pass attempts - 93rd
    Rush attempts - 30th

Syracuse has thrown 2 more times than the other air-it-offense, OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Minshew had 58 carries for 119 yards for the SEASON. 13 of those were sacks- so 45 carries. So 3.5 carries a game

Shrader has 46 carries for 201 yards in 3 GAMES. 6 sacks so 40 carries. 13 carries per game

Cmon Mane. This is a terrible troll attempt

Oh.. so you are under the impression that I stated something that I actually didn't. Read what I posted. Here it is again:

So what would be the difference here?

1- We will have a higher % of completions.
    2- More attempts.(passing... means less rushing)
    3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards
    Now I used Minshew to show that a mobile QB with positive yards can make that much of a difference, but if you want more.. Cody Hodges. rushed it 109 times, 2nd leading rusher on the team. Nowhere have I stated we will be like Syracuse. I stated we will see a mobile QB capable of doing what Shrader is doing and it will lead to more success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree but can you imagine a running QB in our system allowed to run when it is there? It could be lethal. Just tweak what we have a we could have something. Most college QBs can throw a 10 yard pass OK.
    I would absolutely love for leach to air a dual qb and an h-back/te. It would change my mind about him instantly

vCash
    Oh.. so you are under the impression that I stated something that I actually didn't. Read what I posted. Here it is again:

Now I used Minshew to show that a mobile QB with positive yards can make that much of a difference, but if you want more.. Cody Hodges. rushed it 109 times, 2nd leading rusher on the team. Nowhere have I stated we will be like Syracuse. I stated we will see a mobile QB capable of doing what Shrader is doing and it will lead to more success.
    You said Syracuse is our future template. Then you say well we won't add the te/h-backs. Basically we will be nothing like Syracuse, but be like we are with a mobile qb.

I would love to go with a mobile qb, but this thread is flat out dumb

vCash
    Call it whatever you want - they throw the ball 39% of the time in the air raid
    No.. The attempt to throw it more. He just has to scramble. Did they change the stats to show a scramble as a pass now?

In other words, All my concern is that when our younger QBs are on the field, rather than taking 40 sacks, they can make positive yards that forces that aspect to be accounted for. Rogers was sacked 34 times last year Rather than 34 time that we went backwards, we could have gone forwards most of those attempts.

vCash
    Syracuse national ranks...
    Pass attempts - 93rd
    Rush attempts - 30th

Syracuse has thrown 2 more times than the other air-it-offense, OM
    Doesn't matter. Your understanding of the Air Raid is off. Last year through 12 games... He attempted to throw it 234. Through 3 games 70 without the fact of a passing play called and him having to run it or take a sack.

vCash
    You said Syracuse is our future template. Then you say well we won't add the te/h-backs. Basically we will be nothing like Syracuse, but be like we are with a mobile qb.

I would love to go with a mobile qb, but this thread is flat out dumb
    I 100% did not. The entire OP is there to read.

vCash
    1st in the ACC and he is a former dawg!

Syracuse switched to the Air Raid this season. They are 3-0 and look at the stats:

Garrett Shrader RTG= 177.9. 8 TDs, Zero INTs. 66%. 77 attempts 709 yards.

Now look at the rushing: 46 201 4.4 with 3 more TDs.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stats/_/id/183

He has also been sacked 6 times.

So what would be the difference here?

1- We will have a higher % of completions.
    2- More attempts.
    3- A QB in the top 3 rushing for positive yards. And I would think that will end up around 400 yards

Just keep building the program!
    I'll take "SEC LOS Play" for $1000, Alex.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17