Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The real problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This comment backs that up lol
    No, no, totally dismissing an opposing view without any discourse whatsoever is the #1 sign of high intelligence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    No, no, totally dismissing an opposing view without any discourse whatsoever is the #1 sign of high intelligence.
    Happens a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    I posted about this the week before the game. Started a topic on it. The only way that LSU wins the game is if we do not contain him and keep our discipline on the edges. If he is able to run to the edges, he alone will win the game. I also posted that is is not an inaccurate passer that his issue is not seeing the field. We lack speed in certain positions. LB, Edge, Safety. The only way to win those battles is not allow him outside. First half, we did a good job at it. Last drive of the half, we did not.

2nd & 2 at LSU 33

(1:44 - 2nd) Jayden Daniels run for 13 yds to the LSU 46 for a 1ST down

2nd & 7 at LSU 49

(1:20 - 2nd) Jayden Daniels run for 15 yds to the MisSt 36 for a 1ST down

2nd & 2 at MSST 28

(0:55 - 2nd) Jayden Daniels run for 20 yds to the MisSt 8 for a 1ST down

LSU has a better Roster than we do over all. We are matching them in certain areas. Leach has done a great job in picking up our WR, RB, and QB rooms. What's nice is he bit the bullet and is setting to stage for consistency from year to year. Yes, we will have a lot gone after this year, but we will replace those with people who have been here in the systems for a few years.

Let's take Sawyer. Sawyer will take over and he will be more than ready. He came here because of Leach and the system. Same with Locke... Same with Parson. All of those will be ready and the drop off should not be massive. The area for improvement will be the OL. We are not Bama, UGA. We have to think long term stability build to our program. Stoops, Clawson, Mullen at MSU. We will set our program back to the Croom ages with a revolving door.

Now on defense, defense is a bigger concern for me. We are playing mainly with recruits pre Leach/Arnett on the DL and LB. We need speed.

Shorter story, our recruiting needs to improve on OL, Edge, LBs, Safety.
    I think the wide receiver and skill positions in this offense will recruit themselves.

What we have to do with NIL is go and stack up on Offensive lineman , will need to get some from the portal this offseason also.

Go out and get 2 5 star OT's with NIL and it would improve a lot.

Mississippi has some good recruits coming up in 2024 and 2025, I think in 2024 there will be around 3-4 5 stars in the State. Can we get 2 of them?

vCash
    I dont know specifics of how NIL works exactly but I know some people who have contributed or offered to do NIL for recruits.

A Car Dealership outside of Hattiesburg offered to pay Myles Brennan 150K in NIL to transfer to Southern Miss for 1 season last year.

It didn't work but they did that without contacting any University officials.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I think the wide receiver and skill positions in this offense will recruit themselves.

What we have to do with NIL is go and stack up on Offensive lineman , will need to get some from the portal this offseason also.

Go out and get 2 5 star OT's with NIL and it would improve a lot.

Mississippi has some good recruits coming up in 2024 and 2025, I think in 2024 there will be around 3-4 5 stars in the State. Can we get 2 of them?

Exactly. We need an improved OL and the ability to coach them up. It seems we have been dealing with what we have.

And let's not forget the DL and LBs....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I dont know specifics of how NIL works exactly but I know some people who have contributed or offered to do NIL for recruits.

A Car Dealership outside of Hattiesburg offered to pay Myles Brennan 150K in NIL to transfer to Southern Miss for 1 season last year.

It didn't work but they did that without contacting any University officials.
    LOL.. It's just a shopping center now!

Either play the game or live with what we get. There's no in between.

vCash
    Exactly. We need an improved OL and the ability to coach them up. It seems we have been dealing with what we have.

And let's not forget the DL and LBs....
    Defense is still solid. Some of the young O line will be very good, similar to what Arkansas has when they are 3rd 4th year players. I’m hoping Percy Lewis is ready next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Defense is still solid. Some of the young O line will be very good, similar to what Arkansas has when they are 3rd 4th year players. I’m hoping Percy Lewis is ready next year.
    We need LBs and Edge rusher that has more speed. It's why Daniels looked like the Flash running around the edge and Charlton looked like he was running in mud.

For Ole Miss, Our DL is good. You don't run at our DL... Simply can't do it.

vCash
    We need LBs and Edge rusher that has more speed. It's why Daniels looked like the Flash running around the edge and Charlton looked like he was running in mud.

For Ole Miss, Our DL is good. You don't run at our DL... Simply can't do it.
    Russell is our only speed rusher off the edge right ? Other than when they bring Wheat up on a blitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Russell is our only speed rusher off the edge right ? Other than when they bring Wheat up on a blitz.

It doesn't help that we are down 2 starters on the DL. Against LSU, Jordan was out and Crumedy. I 100% believe Jordan gets to Daniels on some of his scrambles. I believe Page is faster than all of our starting LBs, but he has to know his assignments. His PT is increasing though. John Lewis. I hope he is the beast he is advertised to be.