Thread: Tulu and RaRa

vCash

Tulu and RaRa

It's coaching malpractice that these two aren't on the field at the same time. Arguably our two best receivers, but we can only play one because "they play the same position."

I get that what makes the air raid so effective is you have guys that stay at one position and master it, but holy sheeyut, when you have a guy as dynamic as Tulu, you can't leave him on the sideline half the time.

Nick Saban got the ball to Davonta Smith. Kiffin got the ball to Elijah Moore. Arkansas got the ball to Treylon Burkes. We have to find a way to design plays that get the ball in Tulu's hands in space. Otherwise, we're gonna look up and he's going to be playing for an Alabama or Ole Miss that knows how to use him.

vCash
    He’s a good receiver, I don’t know if he is Treylon Burke’s or if he will be sought out by Alabama. I’d let the season,play out more than one conference game and see how it goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    It's coaching malpractice that these two aren't on the field at the same time. Arguably our two best receivers, but we can only play one because "they play the same position."

I get that what makes the air raid so effective is you have guys that stay at one position and master it, but holy sheeyut, when you have a guy as dynamic as Tulu, you can't leave him on the sideline half the time.

Nick Saban got the ball to Davonta Smith. Kiffin got the ball to Elijah Moore. Arkansas got the ball to Treylon Burkes. We have to find a way to design plays that get the ball in Tulu's hands in space. Otherwise, we're gonna look up and he's going to be playing for an Alabama or Ole Miss that knows how to use him.
    Sounds like you've been listening to Thunder and Lightning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Or Bo Bounds. He was harping on that this morning.

I will say from a defensive scheming aspect having RaRa and Tulu on the field at the same time could lead to some cover problems. Leach kinda reminds me of the coach in Remember the Titans that said his offensive scheme was like novacaine "Give it time and it works."

vCash
    I agree that our WR room has improved talent and potential wise, but I for one bought into the preseason hype. I know we rotate several players, maybe too many as I do think RaRa and Tulu need to get more touches. Reality: one first year starter caught about 9 or so passes in a run based JC system, RaRa is new starter, Rufus is young new starter, and the other is sixth year mainly possession receiver. Hard to tell from watching game on tv, but I think WR group got mugged by LSU DB's and it is might be the same if we don't get tougher and more separation against other SEC DB's. Walley seems to have fallen on the depth chart. We don't seem to have a real go to guy at this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Or my eyes

vCash
    I bought my son a pair of regulation gloves like the WR's wear , ( unless rules have changed), for Christmas one year that spell out "STATE" when you join hands. If we still use the gloves there is little reason for a drop when the ball hits a receiver in the hands. When I played TE/WR in the Stone Age, we had stickum sprayed from a can. The first time you hit the turf, your hands we covered with grass for the remainder of game. Hail State!

vCash
    What is the deal with Jaden Walley?

7 catches in 3 games? If this keeps up, he won't be here next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    What is the deal with Jaden Walley?

7 catches in 3 games? If this keeps up, he won't be here next year.
    Read here he has problems with drops in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Read here he has problems with drops in practice.
    Well we have guys that have problems with drops in games.

I just know that he is fairly dynamic with the ball in his hands, and that is in short supply around here lately. Get him on the field before he ends up in the portal.

vCash

I just know that he is fairly dynamic with the ball in his hands, and that is in short supply around here lately. Get him on the field before he ends up in the portal.
    Some of our receivers disappeared against LSU. Some are young or are 1st year starters and may not have been ready for Big Boy SEC DB's.

vCash

Walley has had more drops recently then Ducking and Harvey combined. Sure he may be ?dynamic? but he hasn?t made a play since he was a freshman at UGA. He has been a very inconsistent player since his freshman year.

vCash
    At this point I like Walley over Harvey, hopefully he got a wake up call