Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Deion to Auburn?

  1. #1
    Senior Member TheLostDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,427
    vCash
    2725

    Deion to Auburn?

    Lot of chatter

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Central Mississippi
    Posts
    263
    vCash
    39131950
    We can only hope they hire him

  3. #3
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,656
    vCash
    4975
    Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg.

  4. #4
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    8,677
    vCash
    1540588
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    We can only hope they hire him
    Agree. And it would be soooo auburn to make that kind of hire. I bet Bama fans are praying this is so right now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    66,781
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    We can only hope they hire him
    I have my doubts on him also, but it's getting hard to ignore his record. He's 18-5 (13-2) with a conf title. He's doing one hell of a job

    ETA... perhaps he's dabo type, great figure head that can recruit lights out
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-20-2022 at 01:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    3200
    Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

    I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.

  7. #7
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,656
    vCash
    4975
    I think Prime will ultimately end up at Florida State. He's making his case at JSU.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,267
    vCash
    52714
    I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.
    Exactly.

    Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

    I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,750
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

    I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.
    Freeze at any SEC school if he can stay out of trouble would be scary.

  11. #11
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11,656
    vCash
    4975
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Exactly.

    Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

    I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.
    But that's Harsin. He was the safe hire. On paper this should be a home run just like Moorhead.

    Auburn isn't doing safe after this. If Sankey relents on Freeze he will be in Auburn in a heartbeat. There are plenty of big money alums that want him.

  12. #12
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,918
    vCash
    3100
    PrimeTime will bring lots of excitement and money. And yes he would kill at recruiting and recruiting. He isn't the same man he was as a player, seems very focused and driven.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,868
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.
    I kinda think so too. Not gonna speculate too much on it tho cause you never can tell. Everyone thought Kiffin was gonna suck and that doesn't seem to be the case.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,606
    vCash
    966500
    He would recruit well.

    If he brings in good coordinators, then watch out

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    554
    vCash
    3100
    An SEC school, can afford big salaries for his assistants and basically buy his lack of coaching expertise for him.
    But at Auburn.....that could go either way after a couple of years.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,589
    vCash
    3000
    Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?

  17. #17
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,918
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?
    Someone told me Prime is more about seeing his son grow as a QB. He may stay till his son graduates or he is offered a PW5 job. He has money it seems, like I said he seems driven.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    9,478
    vCash
    427176943
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?
    You forgot these ******

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,134
    vCash
    106728
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg
    West Virginia or Virginia Tech?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    2350
    From what Im hearing

    Auburn wants Freeze or Kiffin. Because of the way auburn is, I think it will wind up being Hugh Freeze. Id love them to steal Kiffin tho, hopefully the SEC doesnt allow Hugh to come back.

    Georgia Tech boosters are talking about potentially offering Deion.

    Deion Sanders would actually take advantage of being in Atlanta and start putting Georgia tech in the top 15 recruiting rankings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.