Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deion to Auburn?

vCash

Deion to Auburn?

Lot of chatter

vCash
    We can only hope they hire him

vCash
    Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Agree. And it would be soooo auburn to make that kind of hire. I bet Bama fans are praying this is so right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    I have my doubts on him also, but it's getting hard to ignore his record. He's 18-5 (13-2) with a conf title. He's doing one hell of a job

ETA... perhaps he's dabo type, great figure head that can recruit lights out
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-20-2022 at 01:46 PM.

vCash
    Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.

vCash
    I think Prime will ultimately end up at Florida State. He's making his case at JSU.

vCash
    I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think Dieon is smart enough and connected enough to hire a great staff to do the X & O coaching while he does all the other stuff. I think he'll win somewhere.
    Exactly.

Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Its all about recruiting. I'd be careful what you wish for. He would hire a big time staff and with the AU recruiting machine going full Yellawood, I'd be worried y'all are gonna be the dog that catches the car.

I want AU to hire another Harsin type. Not dynamic, an X and O type coach like Moorhead. I'd be fine with Freeze there.
    Freeze at any SEC school if he can stay out of trouble would be scary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Exactly.

Its all about name recognition, NIL and getting kids to the league. Kids know who Deion is. They couldn't pick Harsin out of a lineup.

I want AU to hire some big name coordinator who everyone says is the smart hire. Remember when we hired Moorhead, everyone kept saying what a smart hire it was. I want AU to make a smart hire, not a dynamic one.
    But that's Harsin. He was the safe hire. On paper this should be a home run just like Moorhead.

Auburn isn't doing safe after this. If Sankey relents on Freeze he will be in Auburn in a heartbeat. There are plenty of big money alums that want him.

vCash
    PrimeTime will bring lots of excitement and money. And yes he would kill at recruiting and recruiting. He isn't the same man he was as a player, seems very focused and driven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I kinda think so too. Not gonna speculate too much on it tho cause you never can tell. Everyone thought Kiffin was gonna suck and that doesn't seem to be the case.

vCash
    He would recruit well.

If he brings in good coordinators, then watch out

vCash
    An SEC school, can afford big salaries for his assistants and basically buy his lack of coaching expertise for him.
    But at Auburn.....that could go either way after a couple of years.

vCash
    Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Wouldn?t that end Prime?s goal to make JSU the first HBCU to make it to FBS level? Is Deion about money or accomplishment?
    Someone told me Prime is more about seeing his son grow as a QB. He may stay till his son graduates or he is offered a PW5 job. He has money it seems, like I said he seems driven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    You forgot these ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Probably so b/c West Virginia has already reached out to Hugh Freeze (per a lot of rumors). If Hugh is still persona non grata in the SEC he'll wind up in Blacksburg
    West Virginia or Virginia Tech?

vCash
    From what Im hearing

Auburn wants Freeze or Kiffin. Because of the way auburn is, I think it will wind up being Hugh Freeze. Id love them to steal Kiffin tho, hopefully the SEC doesnt allow Hugh to come back.

Georgia Tech boosters are talking about potentially offering Deion.

Deion Sanders would actually take advantage of being in Atlanta and start putting Georgia tech in the top 15 recruiting rankings.