Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deion to Auburn?

vCash
    Auburn will never hire Deion as head football corch. Kiffin would not leave OM for Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Auburn will never hire Deion as head football corch. Kiffin would not leave OM for Auburn.
    I agree. I just cant see Auburn hiring Deion.
    Sankey will do everything possible to keep Freezus out of the SEC. Providing hookers for recruits was a little much for him.
    I'm not so sure Kiffin wouldnt leave Mississippi for Auburn but maybe so. Lame is now 47 and is making alot of money. He knows he can stay at Mississippi another 6-8 years and make tons of money. Giving that up to coach at Auburn for a 3-4 year window to win a title is not that attractive. Depends how much he wants to win a title. He knows he cant at Mississippi. But he also knows it will take some perfect storm of things coming together to do it Auburn in the next 5 years also
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Prime Time will not be hired as Burn?s next head coach.

vCash
    Any Auburn people that want him just want to see him recruit top 5. He wouldn't make it as a coach at this level.

vCash
    As the "Elephant in the Room", in no way would I dig either Coach Prime or Joey Freshwater on the Plains...

Given the current landscape/price point, I don't believe the AU gig is much more attractive than OM (for Kiffin)... I think when he moves, it'll be for a Bammer/Okie/USC type gig... Plus, where he's at now, he "shoud" have 5.5 "built-in" wins (4 OOC+Vandy+MSU)... He could, in theory, go 7-6,8-5 indefinitely...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    As the "Elephant in the Room", in no way would I dig either Coach Prime or Joey Freshwater on the Plains...

Given the current landscape/price point, I don't believe the AU gig is much more attractive than OM (for Kiffin)... I think when he moves, it'll be for a Bammer/Okie/USC type gig... Plus, where he's at now, he "shoud" have 5.5 "built-in" wins (4 OOC+Vandy+MSU)... He could, in theory, go 7-6,8-5 indefinitely...
    You rank us with OOC and vandy in reaching their 5.5 "built-in" wins? Mods, give him at least a punishment similar to the NCAA punishment LSU just got!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    You rank us with OOC and vandy in reaching their 5.5 "built-in" wins? Mods, give him at least a punishment similar to the NCAA punishment LSU just got!
    Noooooooo.... You read too much in to that, buddy... It's a "rivalry game"... and .500 is commonly accepted for most of those.

That being said, I will happily self impose an 18 cent fine, decrease off campus meth sales for a day, and ban myself from posting for 37 seconds...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Noooooooo.... You read too much in to that, buddy... It's a "rivalry game"... and .500 is commonly accepted for most of those.

That being said, I will happily self impose an 18 cent fine, decrease off campus meth sales for a day, and ban myself from posting for 37 seconds...
    Too harsh. Even the NCAA would not approve!

vCash

I agree. There are only 4 or 5 realistic destinations for Kiffin that are better than Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. There are only 4 or 5 realistic destinations for Kiffin that are better than Ole Miss.
    Coaches don't think the same way that us fans do.

Yeah Florida is a better opportunity to win than Mississippi State and Auburn is a better place to win than ole miss but in my eyes it isn't worth it for either Dan Mullen to go to Florida or is it worth it for lane to go to auburn.

BUT coaches don't see it that way, they see a opportunity to win and they take it.

Hell , Deion could win big at Auburn, pull in top 5 recruiting classes and just hire x and o guys as the coordinators and the talent will just fall in line.

I think Lane Kiffin is not going to go to Auburn.... BUT just like my Ole Miss cousin told me .... watch out for what happens in college station... They can pay 100 million for Lane and that is where I think he ends up after jimbo eventually gets canned .

Jimbo's offense just doesn't work anymore even with top 5 talent and Lane kiffin's works with top 25 talent... imagine what it looks like with top 5

aka when he was at Alabama.

Auburn is getting Hugh Freeze. Just accept it he's coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    he could go to auburn but I don't think he should go.. But I also didn't think some other coaches should've gone where they went.

Depends on how Lane Kiffin values himself and what his goals are

Is his goal to average 8-4 and beat Mississippi every year until he retires and make a lot of money?
    or

Is his goal to win a national title. He cant win one of those at Ole Miss. He can at Auburn. But he takes the risk of getting fired after 3 seasons at auburn if he doesn't win the west or beat Alabama or Georgia.

Would he rather exchange a fanbase that wants 8 wins and an egg bowl every year with an occasional Victory over LSU 1 out of 3 times they play and make 8 million
    or
    Would he rather a fanbase that wants 10 wins and your rivals are now Alabama in your own state and Georgia to your east and make 9 million

vCash
    Lane got fired by the Raiders, left TN high and dry, and got fired on the tarmac by SC. He's not scared to go where he choses at this point in his career.

vCash
    I'm not gonna under-estimate PrimeTime. I think somewhere he will get his chance. His connections are above the norm for most D1 coaches. It's about the right situation, hard to predict who can win and who will fell at schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    PrimeTime will bring lots of excitement and money. And yes he would kill at recruiting and recruiting. He isn't the same man he was as a player, seems very focused and driven.
    No offense Base - but Deion was incredibly focused as a player, and by all accounts a hard worker and great teammate. Don't let the Prime Time persona and the off field stuff get in the way of what he did on the field.

Plus, he did something many of us have always wanted to do - dump a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver!

vCash

This correlates well with a Saban self imposed sanctions. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    No offense Base - but Deion was incredibly focused as a player, and by all accounts a hard worker and great teammate. Don't let the Prime Time persona and the off field stuff get in the way of what he did on the field.

Plus, he did something many of us have always wanted to do - dump a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver!
    If you saw him on local sports which is everyday and listen to him you would see a different “Primetime”. He is so driven, doesn’t put up with miscobuct, big on players going to class and proper dress, represent JSU at a high level and much much more you see. Very smart man and is turning heads with his ability to coach by being a good CEO.

I understand how folks saw Prime as a player but he isn’t the same as a Coach. I’m a big fan, like I said earlier I wouldn’t count him out.