Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Here's the Most Disappointing Thing About Will Rogers to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Guess you guys think all schools are equal. WF has 15 bowls in their history; clawson is about to go to his 7th in a row. WF's last HC with a winning % was in the 1930s. Clawson also won a conference title his last year at bowling green before coming to WF.

ETA... I'll at least give credit to leach when I feel he deserves it. You and you blacksails will forgive any and every performance... incapable of seeing any wrong him in, proud parents
    Clawson went to 3 of those bowls with a losing record in conference play. 2 more of those he was .500. In the ACC! Now you bring up bowling green. His last year was in his 5th year! He finished 32–31 at that stop. This also goes back to your refusal to give a HC time to build the program. I don't see you with the willingness to allow any coach at MSU to go that long while have a 2-10 season and a few 3-9 seasons here.

The ETA is just not true either. At all. Who excused anything? I started a thread here stating the LSU game was a group effort in trying to lose the game. I'm simply capable of understanding that a program is not built in 2 years after the total melt down that was JoMo. Even if Leach had followed Mullen, I have enough knowledge and seen enough history to understand, you don't build a program on the back of a revolving door.

Here is a theme that's being pointed out by you.

Beg Mullen back... Took 5 years to reach a high level and dropped off after that.
    Hire Clawson... Took 5 years at BG to reach a 10 win season.
    Hire Clawson... Took 6 years to reach a 10 win season... and still has a losing conference record..26–37

YET.. Fire Leach after 1 real season and 3 games in despite seeing the recruiting grades on offense increase and the production over all go up. And no, the Covid year doesn't count.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'm not forgiving the performance. I've said Leach needs to chew on some coaches and players for the other night. I'm comparing Leach mostly to Mullen. And the comparisons are pretty damn close. Jackie set a standard, Croom destroyed it. Mullen built it back up, Moorhead destroyed it. Now it's Leach's turn and he needs some time. Changing out coaches every three years ain't gonna get us nowhere.

Clawson is ok but what makes him great. And if he comes here and does do even what Mullen did ... how much will he shop himself around at the end of the year? How long before he bolts to a blue blood too?

ETA: I will also add that games like the other night happen to every single team in this league not named Bama or GA. It's not like it's a once a decade type of thing. It's more like 10 times or better/season across the whole SEC. That's what playing in the SEC is. You take your auto losses to Bama & GA (and occasionally LSU) and everyone else fights it out for 2nd thru 7th in their respective divisions. And preseason predictions for those 12 slots are mostly bullshit.
    Every team in the sec besides those 2 jumps out 13-0 close to 2 quarters in, and then gets out scored 31-3 the rest of the way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I rewatched a lot of the film from the game saturday after having a few days to lower the negative emotions and dissapointment.

RT got his ass beat the entire night damn near every play and #63 had a lot of plays were he was just standing there guarding nobody.

The difference between us and other teams that have "bad" offensive lines is we do not have a Qb that can roll out of the pocket and either

A. Look downfield for an open receiver
    B. Run for positive yardage
    C. Throw the balls out of bounds and avoid a sack

Cant do any of those.

Guys like Hendon hooker, bryce young, Jaxson dart ( hes not really good but he can do what is listed above), Will levis, Jayden Daniels, basically all other 13 sec quarterbacks.

Im not saying that Will is a horrible QB by no means but him not being able to do that one thing limits the offense so much and makes us so easier to stop.
    You know what else those offenses have? Tight ends

vCash
    Every team in the sec besides those 2 jumps out 13-0 close to 2 quarters in, and then gets out scored 31-3 the rest of the way?
    What does that even mean ?

Your basing everything on one road game at LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    What does that even mean ?

Your basing everything on one road game at LSU
    Here was his quote.. "i will also add that games like the other night happen to every single team in this league not named Bama or GA."

That's what that means

vCash
    It can and does happen sometimes. I'm not happy about it. We melted down the stretch in the toughest night venue in the country. And not one person on this team had every played in that environment.

2017 mostly juniors but with real studs on D. RS Junior QB and RS Junior RB: We smoke LSU and everyone thinks we got shot at SEC W then. Then GA & AU smoke us bad and everyone is calling for Mullen's head (except you of course LOL). Shit happens like that in SEC. The AU comeback last year is one of a kind too. And we were at their place, just like the other night. Just this time we were on the wrong end of it. We fell apart after the muffed punt, crowd went wild, and you probably couldn't even hear yourself think in that stadium. And none of our guys had played in anything like that before.

ETA: Not trying to excuse it but we lost. Gotta pick up the pieces and move to the next game. Wanting to replace the coach after 1 full season & 3 games ain't the answer to that.

vCash
    It can and does happen sometimes. I'm not happy about it. We melted down the stretch in the toughest night venue in the country. And not one person on this team had every played in that environment.

2017 mostly juniors but with real studs on D. RS Junior QB and RS Junior RB: We smoke LSU and everyone thinks we got shot at SEC W then. Then GA & AU smoke us bad and everyone is calling for Mullen's head (except you of course LOL). Shit happens like that in SEC. The AU comeback last year is one of a kind too. And we were at their place, just like the other night. Just this time we were on the wrong end of it. We fell apart after the muffed punt, crowd went wild, and you probably couldn't even hear yourself think in that stadium. And none of our guys had played in anything like that before.
    We are in no way a young team.

vCash
    Yes I’d say every team in the sec other than Ga and Bama have blown big leads and got smoked on the road especially at LSU. Mullen got beat by South Alabama.

vCash
    Yes I’d say every team in the sec other than Ga and Bama have blown big leads and got smoked on the road especially at LSU. Mullen got beat by South Alabama.
    Name a few examples

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He is worried about winning. Jesus people. I realize everyone is QB crazy but it is not a one man game. Some of this has just gotten way out of left field
    Well he needs to step it up a little bit. He looked like he did as a freshman the other night. And I'm a little tired of our players not progressing.

vCash
    We are in no way a young team.
    I didn't say it was. I did say they didn't handle it well. And some are kinda young but experienced. Bottom line -- you hate Leach and his offense and are looking for any reason to get rid of him. If this were Mullen ... you'd be defending him till your death.

vCash
    I didn't say it was. I did say they didn't handle it well. And some are kinda young but experienced. Bottom line -- you hate Leach and his offense and are looking for any reason to get rid of him. If this were Mullen ... you'd be defending him till your death.
    And you vice versa.

ETA... you are right though- I hate this freaking offense. I practically force myself to watch what I once loved. It didn't start with mullen either. I'm not alone either... I just saw you can get lower level tix next week for aTm in section 20 row 4 for under $100 on SeatGeek. The ticket office is practically giving away tickets.
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-20-2022 at 10:34 PM.

vCash
    Name a few examples
    So your position is no sec team (excluding Bama and Georgia) have ever blown a 13 point lead on the road and gotten smoked. It never happens, especially not in Death Valley ?

Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Clawson went to 3 of those bowls with a losing record in conference play. 2 more of those he was .500. In the ACC! Now you bring up bowling green. His last year was in his 5th year! He finished 32–31 at that stop. This also goes back to your refusal to give a HC time to build the program. I don't see you with the willingness to allow any coach at MSU to go that long while have a 2-10 season and a few 3-9 seasons here.

The ETA is just not true either. At all. Who excused anything? I started a thread here stating the LSU game was a group effort in trying to lose the game. I'm simply capable of understanding that a program is not built in 2 years after the total melt down that was JoMo. Even if Leach had followed Mullen, I have enough knowledge and seen enough history to understand, you don't build a program on the back of a revolving door.

Here is a theme that's being pointed out by you.

Beg Mullen back... Took 5 years to reach a high level and dropped off after that.
    Hire Clawson... Took 5 years at BG to reach a 10 win season.
    Hire Clawson... Took 6 years to reach a 10 win season... and still has a losing conference record..26–37

YET.. Fire Leach after 1 real season and 3 games in despite seeing the recruiting grades on offense increase and the production over all go up. And no, the Covid year doesn't count.
    I mean the dude thinks that Jimbo Fisher is a good coach.

Pretty funny that Clawson should have been given time but Leach has to win immediately here.

People aren't going to want to hear this- but when you're rebuilding a program five-six years is a reasonable amount of time. That's not to say that we can't win now or shouldn't have played LSU better. What I am saying is there is waaaaayyyy too much knee jerk reaction when it comes to Leach. Every time we lose everyone has to throw in their brilliant idea about how some play or motion would make this offense unstoppable. The reality is for the mobile QB crowd- Leach has that in Robertson. And in time we will have that. And Parson is even more mobile. But Robertson isn't ready yet. Will is the best for now. Even though IMO he needs to be a little more consistent. In time Robertson will be ready. But our fans need to see the big picture here. Which is an impossible ask.

And let me quantify the 5-6 year thing to be perfectly clear- I'm talking a 9-10 win season. Which is in line with Dan when you consider that 2014 happened his sixth season at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean the dude thinks that Jimbo Fisher is a good coach.

Pretty funny that Clawson should have been given time but Leach has to win immediately here.

People aren't going to want to hear this- but when you're rebuilding a program five-six years is a reasonable amount of time. That's not to say that we can't win now or shouldn't have played LSU better. What I am saying is there is waaaaayyyy too much knee jerk reaction when it comes to Leach. Every time we lose everyone has to throw in their brilliant idea about how some play or motion would make this offense unstoppable. The reality is for the mobile QB crowd- Leach has that in Robertson. And in time we will have that. And Parson is even more mobile. But Robertson isn't ready yet. Will is the best for now. Even though IMO he needs to be a little more consistent. In time Robertson will be ready. But our fans need to see the big picture here. Which is an impossible ask.
    4-4 seems to be Dans high water mark in the sec and Leach has already done that in really his first full season, I’m not sure where these expectations are coming from honestly.

vCash
    So your position is no sec team (excluding Bama and Georgia) have ever blown a 13 point lead on the road and gotten smoked. It never happens, especially not in Death Valley ?

Lol
    And yet, you listed none

vCash
    Actually I remember Georgia under Smart getting absolutely smoked by LSU in Baton Rouge a few years ago. I think that's happened to everyone except maybe Alabama.

vCash
    And yet, you listed none
    It’s stupid on its face, everyone here knows teams have gotten blown out on the road in the sec....at LSU , even if they have a lead. I’m sure if you use Wikipedia you can see for yourself.

vCash
    Lane and Pittman took over programs at or below ours, and they have done much better job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Actually I remember Georgia under Smart getting absolutely smoked by LSU in Baton Rouge a few years ago. I think that's happened to everyone except maybe Alabama.
    Funny how this lsu was really bad last week, and now you guys have them on par with their great teams