Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here's the Most Disappointing Thing About Will Rogers to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Where are you getting your SOS rankings?
    Are you trying to change the subject rather than address the facts ?

You said it was a different environment when Dan coached its first five years, yes it was, he had a much easier schedule and a poor record IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

You said it was a different environment when Dan coached its first five years, yes it was, he had a much easier schedule and a poor record IMO.
    And what does it even matter? Is he now suggesting that the SEC West just became this hard?

vCash
    And you vice versa.

ETA... you are right though- I hate this freaking offense. I practically force myself to watch what I once loved. It didn't start with mullen either. I'm not alone either... I just saw you can get lower level tix next week for aTm in section 20 row 4 for under $100 on SeatGeek. The ticket office is practically giving away tickets.
    To me this offense is fun to watch if it's working well. It was a lot of fun to watch against KY, AU, and Arky last year. When it's stammering and stuttering like the other night it's agony.

So it's no different than Dak's dink & dunks in 2015 when Holloway up the middle was our running threat (not!). Same in 2016 when we stammered and stuttered with I believe Holloway up the middle again (till Aeris got to where he could block although Holloway would go to right spot and just get flat run over trying to block ... but he did give it his best shot).

And this offense can bring you back from a big deficit if you get down by a good bit. Mullen's wasn't good at doing that. When we had our best team's under Dan we jumped out to big leads early.

Most any offense is fun to watch if it's clicking good. Any offense stammering and stuttering is agony to watch.

I mean watching Dan run QB draws and getting those stuffed repeatedly (especially against Bama) when everyone watching knows that's what's coming on short yardage or inside 10 yd line is the epitome of agony. Bama got 8 guys in the box, run a QB draw.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 09-21-2022 at 02:50 AM.

vCash
    Will could not out run me and I graduated last century

My rotator cuff is shot from age and decades of pressing weights so I probably can’t out throw him, but I’d give him a run for his money

I think Will is set to go on a good run right now, the receivers have to get a lot more aggressive though. If Duck doesn’t show some more toughness he’s going to get replaced.
    No you wouldnt. Not even close. But carry on. Its laughable that some of you armchair heismans are really being dead serious. I hope you are joking

vCash

I just wanted to check it. Why wouldn't you share your link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    And what does it even matter? Is he now suggesting that the SEC West just became this hard?
    Who are you guys? Why does a link to your stats matter? Bc I like to see if someone is arguing in good faith. Unlike most here, if you can prove something, I'm capable of changing my mind. If you just spout out stuff with no link to back it up though, well...

"Why does it matter?" Good grief

vCash
    I just wanted to check it. Why wouldn't you share your link?
    Looks like it came from here: https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2011-01-11
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    They don't have our schedule #2 this season

vCash
    Looks like we have a tougher schedule than we did back in Dans era. I think we already met his high water mark of 4-4 in the sec though.

vCash
    Where are you getting your SOS rankings?

you guys sound like a three way Mormon marriage ...... Leach can coach or he wouldn't have been a head coach for this long.... Could he improve - Yeah ..... Mullen could coach because he raised our ceiling AND expectations and yes - he could have done some things better .... neither one ran away with a recruiting title or a championship. They're different coaches with different offenses so it's difficult to compare them other than wins and we don't have enough data yet to be accurate on that. I think Leaches ceiling could be higher than Dans but I also think Leaches floor could be lower ... Dan had brain farts with his idiotic fake punts and Leach has his WTF moments going for it on 4th down... Dan was in his 6th season when he took us to #1 - If Leach is still here in 2026 then we will have a better idea between the two... at least Leach seems to be able to hang onto a good Def. Coordinator. So far it equals a draw ... Like Todd said - we need to give Leach a few more years to know ...... now carry on with this soap opera because I'm hooked and binge watching
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Be careful using Mormons in your sports discussions, see Oregon. Morons ok. Hail State!

vCash
    Leach is a good coach. Clawson is a great coach. I am still happy with Leach but Clawson was my first choice in 2018 and that still hasn’t changed. That doesn’t mean I don’t like Leach and I still think he can have great success here if given more time. Also Mullen was a really good coach for us after Croom and really helped our program. Our fanbase seems to have a fascination with either Mullen is good and Leach is bad or Vice versa. I just think both have been in coaching long enough to prove they are both good overall

vCash
    Will is a well trained and accurate passer. Anything outside the trained route and schemes to include: new defensive looks, QB scrambles, roll outs, or QB rushes are just simply outside his wheelhouse and will be that way forever. This is why the trams has lacked a killer instinct the past couple years. It?s gameplan or nothing. It is what it is and there?s no changing it without a new QB. This season we will just have to hold steady and limp to 6-6. Build for the future with Sawyer and eventually Parson to take over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Will is a well trained and accurate passer. Anything outside the trained route and schemes to include: new defensive looks, QB scrambles, roll outs, or QB rushes are just simply outside his wheelhouse and will be that way forever. This is why the trams has lacked a killer instinct the past couple years. It?s gameplan or nothing. It is what it is and there?s no changing it without a new QB. This season we will just have to hold steady and limp to 6-6. Build for the future with Sawyer and eventually Parson to take over.
    There is a lot of truth in that. We have the read option. Will isn't going to run that with effectiveness. As I pointed out in another thread, those sacks can become positive yards and the defense will be forced to change. However, you can't throw aside the accuracy and experience for a backup that's not totally ready. I believe Sawyer will be ready next year, but what do you do with Will if he stays?

vCash
    There is a lot of truth in that. We have the read option. Will isn't going to run that with effectiveness. As I pointed out in another thread, those sacks can become positive yards and the defense will be forced to change. However, you can't throw aside the accuracy and experience for a backup that's not totally ready. I believe Sawyer will be ready next year, but what do you do with Will if he stays?
    I think will will be a grad assistant and go into coaching like Harrell. He’d be a valuable backup even if he didn’t start.

vCash
    I think will will be a grad assistant and go into coaching like Harrell. He’d be a valuable backup even if he didn’t start.
    We need Sawyer to be ready. We need the back up to Sawyer to be ready. Will has one more year though.

vCash
    We need Sawyer to be ready. We need the back up to Sawyer to be ready. Will has one more year though.
    As I’ve said, Will is the starter without question this year, next year however there will be a true open competition IMO. I have no idea who will start next year. I think Will is a high character guy and will be an asset whether he is qb1 or qb2

vCash
    I would argue that next season would be the best time to let Sawyer ride in this offense. It's an easier schedule and it would let him get fully into running the offense. I love Will but if Sawyer improves even more during spring it might be time to let him to be QB1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I would argue that next season would be the best time to let Sawyer ride in this offense. It's an easier schedule and it would let him get fully into running the offense. I love Will but if Sawyer improves even more during spring it might be time to let him to be QB1.
    Oh I'm perfectly fine with that if Sawyer is ready. I'm also ready to see the other recruits at LB and Edge.

vCash
    Oh I'm perfectly fine with that if Sawyer is ready. I'm also ready to see the other recruits at LB and Edge.
    I’ll tell you two guys who are going to be big time players....Dinkins and Sledge. Probably not by next year but they were way underrated IMO.

Dinkins is going to be a great player eventually.