Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
Totally absolving will is as dumb as blaming him entirely imo.

You said we would beat lsu all season until we didn't. Why was the offense capable before we lost?
I still think we are the better team. We should have won. Some of the decisions were maddening. The 4th down calls, even the one we got were terrible. I'm not sure how that is on Will.

We stopped running the ball after having success in the first half, not sure why. Maybe that is on Will.

I thought Will threw maybe one bad pass - the interception. They rushed 3 and 4 most of the game and we didn't know how to adjust to a man with 3 guys playing zone defense. Sure they mixed in some straight zone, but they played a ton of man coverage with 3 robbers (i know they weren't all playing that, but they were in zone). That is not a look that we have seen a bunch. We didn't make adjustments, usually because we don't have a large playbook. If we are seeing something for the first time, we will normally struggle. If you want to put that on Will, that is fine, but I think it is a coaching issue.

I think we gave up on the run way too early and failed to make adjustments when they simply crashed down on the RB because the QB is zero threat to run with the ball.

Does anyone think LSU is better than us? I just don't think they are very good. Now this doesn't speak well for us, but I just think we will be able to move the ball on teams this year and that our defense is good. Maybe I'm wrong, but we should not have lost on Saturday.