Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optimism

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    What I saw last night was positive also, and has been for a couple of years. In that with this offense, if the QB and WR's are playing at least above average to really good, then it neutralizes going against a defense full of 4 and 5 star players.
    Catch the passes last night and we have over another 150 yards(assuming those first downs create a few more), and we eat up another 10 minutes of clock overall, and generate points.
    Do that, and by the 4 quarter it is their defense that is gassed and not ours. We do need an accurate QB who can also escape pressure enough to keep the 5 star and NFL DL from laying their ears back.
    Good post, we'll be ok. 7-5 but hoping for 8-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Good post, we'll be ok. 7-5 but hoping for 8-4.
    If we do recover to go 7-5 and that includes a much overdue victory over OM, I think all State fans will be happy. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    If we do recover to go 7-5 and that includes a much overdue victory over OM, I think all State fans will be happy. Hail State!
    We have to beat om this year. 7-5 with om win and im good.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    We are not beating Bama or GA. 9-3 if we actually show up for 3.5 quarters a game.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Lord McBuckethead;1449138]We are not beating Bama or GA. 9-3 if we actually show up for 3.5 quarters a game.[/QUOT

That would be awesome.

vCash
    We had one of our best teams go down to Baton Rouge in 2010 and got crushed 29-7. That was a team with lots of NFL players on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We had one of our best teams go down to Baton Rouge in 2010 and got crushed 29-7. That was a team with lots of NFL players on it.
    That was an ugly ugly game. It wasn't as close as the score either. They dominated us from start to finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That was an ugly ugly game. It wasn't as close as the score either. They dominated us from start to finish.
    Yes and started with the targeting no-call on our safety- I forget his name. That is still to this day the worst targeting hit I've ever seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Yes and started with the targeting no-call on our safety- I forget his name. That is still to this day the worst targeting hit I've ever seen.
    Yep I remember it well. I remember having a lot of optimism for that game too and we sucked from start to finish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I had 10-2 with a wtf loss to Arizona and the traditional one to Bama.

Flip Zona / LSU and Bama / Georgia and it still makes sense. But if we go 4-3/3-4 before the Bama game then Leach has to cut bait on Will and try Sawyer. Otherwise his job is on the line by the Egg Bowl.
    The more I go back and watch clips of not just the LSU game but every game . This offense would be so much better when I say so much I mean SO much better if we had a QB that could roll out of the pocket and gain 5-6 yards and just get a 1st down or even more but mainly not get sacked literally every . Single . Time . The pocket collapses .

It also doesn?t help when your receivers drop 11 1st down passes either .

Oh well. This team CAN beat every team left on the schedule not named Alabama or Georgia but they won?t because they haven?t matured enough . They play so sloppy and will can?t win us the game himself.

7-5 right now but if we find out that Arkansas didn?t just sleep walk against missouri state and jaxson dart still misses wide open receivers . It?ll be interesting

But we can score more points than Texas A&M at home but they have better athletes than LSU does rn and a DC that has seen the air raid multiple times at MSU ( Durkin) who knows how to stop it .

Do not buy into the Kentucky hype one bit. They aren?t good. They will have a good record because Vanderbilt , missouri , and South Carolina are awful.

I really hope that we can bounce back and this was just our WTF loss .

vCash
    Ugly enough that I actually repressed that game from my memory other than Chris Relf hitting Mike the Tigers cage in pregame. Some LSU fans were mad because they thought he did it on purpose but the reality is that was just Relf being Relf.

vCash
    Here's a hot take. LSU blitzing like they did is going to be copied by other teams we play. But the silver lining is it's going to force Will to throw deep more. Hopefully that will build his confidence.

vCash
    We have to beat om this year. 7-5 with om win and im good.
    Me too, 7-5 is doable as I think every game will be close in the Sec.

vCash
    Pretty good assessment and I tend to agree ... we are capable and have enough talent to compete in those games but the question is which team will show up - the team that limits mistakes or the team that fumbles a punt on our own 6 yard line ... I felt like that fumble turned the momentum in their direction and pretty much won the game for them. Leach made some bone headed decisions and that causes me to wonder what kind of confidence Leach actually has in this team. Is it like He felt good enough about his offense to go for it on 4th down or was it something like he didn't have enough confidence in our defense to stop them? .... either way he made some questionable decisions that were very uncomfortable - yeah the first time we went for it inside our own 25 yd line paid off but that's a risk that I didn't think was worth taking. So I see your logic and agree that we are capable, but it's going to take better discipline on players AND coaches alike
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Good post. RaRa dropped a crosser in the third quarter that lsu was out of position on and he likely would've scored or at least got close because that whole side of the field had been vacated

Rufus also dropped a huge one too that he possibly would have scored on in the 2nd quarter. We just were too sloppy to win that game. We had ample chances in the first half and couldn't do anything. Will's lack of mobility really limits what we can do offensively when the receivers or oline have breakdowns. Will also missed on 3 or 4 reads where we had guys open on 25 plus yard plays down field.

vCash
    I got a lot of laughs from reading meltdowns from people I know were at State in the 1990s, and all I could think of was "how in the heck did y'all survive the 1990s as State fans if this is the way you act with a loss?"

What I mean by this is that the SEC was a Dog fight every weekend then. Other than Vandy, anyone could win any given weekend. Games were low scoring compared to today, and typically the sloppier team lost (and that wasn't always MSU).
    The better team did not always win, and even Bama wasn't immune. Homefield was a huge advantage as well. Right now, other than UGA and Bama - the SEC has reverted back to that parity. And even Vandy is sitting at 3-1 right now and could jump up and beat Mizzou or SC (another killer schedule with 7 ranked opponents).

To me that is so much more fun that what we have had the past 10-15 years where I can look at the schedule pre-season and pick the outcome of every game. Yeah it may mean we go 3-6-2 like '93 and loose a bunch of close dog fights, or it could be like '99 where we went 10-2 and won 5 games by 3 points or less.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The very simple point is you cannot drop 5 passes that would have continued drives and probably score on one (Rara in the 3rd) or muff a 17ing punt on LSU's 7 yard line gifting them a touchdown.

We are still very much an 8-4 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Rufus also dropped a huge one too that he possibly would have scored on in the 2nd quarter. We just were too sloppy to win that game. We had ample chances in the first half and couldn't do anything. Will's lack of mobility really limits what we can do offensively when the receivers or oline have breakdowns. Will also missed on 3 or 4 reads where we had guys open on 25 plus yard plays down field.
    Rufus was wide ass open when Will took a sack in the early third quarter.

vCash
    Dropped passes were our main issue in the Egg Bowl as well. I really like our receiving crew, but those dropped passes are not on Will. Leach needs to evaluate this and correct this more than anything Will is doing. The passes are right in their hands so no excuse for all the drops. It was a sloppy game, but I’m glad we have Bowling Green next to build some confidence before aTm and Ark come to town. Winning in Baton Rouge is something we rarely do. We have only done that a few times lately because of Dak and then Pelini being stubborn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The very simple point is you cannot drop 5 passes that would have continued drives and probably score on one (Rara in the 3rd) or muff a 17ing punt on LSU's 7 yard line gifting them a touchdown.

We are still very much an 8-4 team.
    Yeah Saturday night was a bad combination of drops when Will got it to receivers and Will missing open receivers when he had them. The muffed punt was the killer. If we don't fumble that point there's a good chance we still pull the game out. It just completely changed everything.