Watching last night, there was a lot of bad, some more bad, and some downright ugly. Sprinkled in there was some things to be optimistic about. We've beaten to death the bad and ugly and some have jumped ship because it's impossible to get skull ****ed in Death Valley and win the SEC West. No one has ever done it. Not one.... Anyways.

Offensive Scheme and play designs. We actually have an offense that can attack these heavily talented SEC defenses. We saw the deep outs be open. We saw the vertical 1-on-1 can beat the DBs (Ra Ra especially). We saw on short yardage plays when we would pass we would have open players.

Now, we didn't attack vertically near enough. We didn't catch wide open passes we should have. We didn't read the defense and audible to passed when we should. Fair or not, this falls squarely on Leach. His concepts work. This widespread of lack of execution is on the coach though. Play the guys who will execute the concepts correctly.

Defensively, we were solid until we got winded late after the offense kept shooting itself in the foot. Anything after the Williams muff I chalk up more to the offense's inability to give the defense a break. Sure the Nabers drive was infuriating, but we all knew he was going to RAT us at some point. Some of those catches were just him making a great play. Tough pill to swallow, but the only change you could do is have someone different subbed in to cover him and pray they make an even better play. I'm not sure even Forbes could have stopped the 4th down catch.

Things to watch: How much does Will play next week? Bowling Green is a bad defensive team. They did beat Marshall, but they should be a tier below Memphis. Our C+ game gets us a win comfortably. Id hope we get our A game. Because I'd like to see Sawyer go vertical in the second half to see what arm talent he has in comparison to Will. If he has the cannon in-game that he should, then this board will make him the most popular man in Starkville. And if Will doesn't get his head on straight when reading a defense and not running against a 6/7 man box then he should get benched.

Around the West: Auburn is bad. Arkansas played an even worse game than we did last night. A&M doesn't have its answer at QB. They feel like the SEC's Iowa right now. 20 points beats A&M. Just that's a tall task against that defense. Alabama is Alabama. Rumors of their demise were greatly exaggerated. Ole Miss is getting fat on cupcakes. We'll have to wait until Kentucky to know more about them.

It's a long season. 9-3 is squarely on the table. If the rule of Leach holds true and that's our "wtf loss" then our "wtf win" is still on the table and 10-2 is on the table as well. Just have to execute.

I'd rather be thinking "we just need to execute the plays better" instead of "we just can't win because we'll never have the talent to." This offense is schemed to neutralize talent. Just have find players who execute it right.