Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stoops has been at UK for 10 years. From 2012 to 2016, they sucked

vCash

Stoops has been at UK for 10 years. From 2012 to 2016, they sucked

Inheriting a program that was 2-10 in 2012, the year before he arrived, Stoops? rebuilding efforts took time. Two games into the 2016 season his record was 12-26. Since that time, the program has been on the rise. 33 wins in the last four seasons, ranking 16th among Power Five programs.

The problem today is teams get no stability. Let's take UF's 2 year and done. How's that working out for them? We have very real issues. We have never been a football power house. Never. The few times that we have competed have been when coaches were allowed the time. JWS... How long did it take him? Mullen. 5 years to get to 2014 right... and then dropped off for the next 4.

Our solution is that we allow time like we have in the past and like UK has. Leach is just now bringing in what we expected. Look at the QB room. Look at the WRs (yes... we all know last night). Look at the RBs. We did a major overhaul and we are not done yet.

- Defense.. Our LBs coming up are not as slow. Fact. They lack experience. They are being mixed in now and as with the rest of this list, they will have more reps as this year goes forward. Like John Lewis.... etc

- OL. We picked up a nice 4 star OL last year. Albert Reese is another that is going to go pro.

- DL.. Last year picked up 2 DL rated 4 stars.

I hope you get the point. Alot of these starters are starting their 3rd year. Those that will replace them will have had a lot of time to prep. I believe that's how you build consistency. We are not building up for a 1 year run and then taking years to rebuild it. But nobody will know the results if we fall into the trap of replacing a coach every 2 years. Every 3 years.

Our efforts need to be on building our recruiting arm and Portal, not the brutal program killing rotation of coaching staffs due to emotions.

Final point. Our staff has our team coached up. Rogers is a 3 star that plays above his rating. Many people are saying he will play on Sunday because he is accurate. The OLmen are not highly rated recruits. We have 1 OL that is rated 4 star that is starting. We just got our 2nd 4 star. We have been in more games than not from the get go. YES, we have to find a way to get the talent needed on the OL, edge, LB, and Safety, but allow the man time to build it.

vCash
    I agree a lot what you wrote. But Stoops has some fire about him. He is a coach that demands things. Stoops is unlike Leech that he does not have some gimmic offense that he is trying to prove works in the Sec. As much I hate to say this yes Leech needs more time but that leash needs to be short. Stoops also has recruited some real players in a area where he does not have a lot of blue chippers in high school. His players also play angry not passive. His players also know how to tackle. I could go on and on.

Stoops is the type coach we need here. Blue collar mentality developmental mentality 2021 247 sports recruiting ranking MSU was 26 and Ky was 35 year 2020 MSU was 28 and Ky was 25 Pretty close recruiting and in my opinion Ky has way better players than we do.

vCash
    Along this journey of Mullen leaving and the few years JoMo sabotaged our program, we created a mentality that we are a top 3 team in the SEC.

I don't know what changed, but anytime you play LSU in Baton Rouge after dark, you are more likely to lose in a meltdown than not. Something about that place - even with all that said, we were in a winnable game in the 4th quarter against a much more talented team. I'm not so sure that is on coaching. We were in positions to punish them. Players were not producing. I am sure they will have to answer for it this week and we will see if we improve off of this.

That LSU D is one of the toughest we will face. Theyre right there with Bama and UGA when it comes to talent and team speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    I agree a lot what you wrote. But Stoops has some fire about him. He is a coach that demands things. Stoops is unlike Leech that he does not have some gimmic offense that he is trying to prove works in the Sec. As much I hate to say this yes Leech needs more time but that leash needs to be short. Stoops also has recruited some real players in a area where he does not have a lot of blue chippers in high school. His players also play angry not passive. His players also know how to tackle. I could go on and on.

Stoops is the type coach we need here. Blue collar mentality developmental mentality 2021 247 sports recruiting ranking MSU was 26 and Ky was 35 year 2020 MSU was 28 and Ky was 25 Pretty close recruiting and in my opinion Ky has way better players than we do.

Wait... So as college continues to move towards and NFL moves more towrds the Air Raid.. it's a gimmick? You know what the NFL is not doing... the Mullen offense. The last I checked, Leach was chewing butt on the sidelines.

Comparing what UK has from the time Leach got here only won't work Ranch. He's playing with people he recruited in 2018 for his system. Leach is not.... and Leach beat Stoops.

Current players from Last staff:

2018-

- Crumedy DL
    - K Johnson OL

The only two four stars from that class still with the team.

- Watson LB ranked 676th in the nation. 3 star
    - Jett J... Not ranked in the top 1000.... 3 star.
    - Cam Young. Not ranked in the top 1000... 3 star.
    - Kam Jones Ol not ranked in the top 1000.. 3 star.

2019-

Pickering- 4 star DL..
    Russell- 4 star DE

The rest are 3 stars...

Now let's look at Leach recruits to see who is doing what:

Marks
    Forbes
    Griffin
    Davis
    Johnson
    Walley
    Wheat
    Rogers
    Decam
    Ducking

ETC... Look at the turn around in a short time. That's the 2020 class.

Most of the 2021 and 2022 class isn't even on the field yet... though some are already getting their feet wet.

Sawyer
    Lewis (the best prospect at LB we have had in a few years... 4 star with some speed.)

ETC.

We have the need to recruit better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Inheriting a program that was 2-10 in 2012, the year before he arrived, Stoops? rebuilding efforts took time. Two games into the 2016 season his record was 12-26. Since that time, the program has been on the rise. 33 wins in the last four seasons, ranking 16th among Power Five programs.

The problem today is teams get no stability. Let's take UF's 2 year and done. How's that working out for them? We have very real issues. We have never been a football power house. Never. The few times that we have competed have been when coaches were allowed the time. JWS... How long did it take him? Mullen. 5 years to get to 2014 right... and then dropped off for the next 4.

Our solution is that we allow time like we have in the past and like UK has. Leach is just now bringing in what we expected. Look at the QB room. Look at the WRs (yes... we all know last night). Look at the RBs. We did a major overhaul and we are not done yet.

- Defense.. Our LBs coming up are not as slow. Fact. They lack experience. They are being mixed in now and as with the rest of this list, they will have more reps as this year goes forward. Like John Lewis.... etc

- OL. We picked up a nice 4 star OL last year. Albert Reese is another that is going to go pro.

- DL.. Last year picked up 2 DL rated 4 stars.

I hope you get the point. Alot of these starters are starting their 3rd year. Those that will replace them will have had a lot of time to prep. I believe that's how you build consistency. We are not building up for a 1 year run and then taking years to rebuild it. But nobody will know the results if we fall into the trap of replacing a coach every 2 years. Every 3 years.

Our efforts need to be on building our recruiting arm and Portal, not the brutal program killing rotation of coaching staffs due to emotions.

Final point. Our staff has our team coached up. Rogers is a 3 star that plays above his rating. Many people are saying he will play on Sunday because he is accurate. The OLmen are not highly rated recruits. We have 1 OL that is rated 4 star that is starting. We just got our 2nd 4 star. We have been in more games than not from the get go. YES, we have to find a way to get the talent needed on the OL, edge, LB, and Safety, but allow the man time to build it.
    Good post. The one adaptation Leach has to make IMO is a mobile q b. Just avg athleticism would take a ton of pressure off the O line. You need an nfl pocket to protect a guy who probably can’t break 6 flat in the forty. I’ve never seen a q b this slow in the air raid although BJ Symons played with a blown out knee. The difference was he had a cannon for an arm with a quick release to compensate.

vCash
    Wait... So as college continues to move towards and NFL moves more towrds the Air Raid.. it's a gimmick? You know what the NFL is not doing... the Mullen offense. The last I checked, Leach was chewing butt on the sidelines.

Comparing what UK has from the time Leach got here only won't work Ranch. He's playing with people he recruited in 2018 for his system. Leach is not.... and Leach beat Stoops.

Current players from Last staff:

2018-

- Crumedy DL
    - K Johnson OL

The only two four stars from that class still with the team.

- Watson LB ranked 676th in the nation. 3 star
    - Jett J... Not ranked in the top 1000.... 3 star.
    - Cam Young. Not ranked in the top 1000... 3 star.
    - Kam Jones Ol not ranked in the top 1000.. 3 star.

2019-

Pickering- 4 star DL..
    Russell- 4 star DE

The rest are 3 stars...

Now let's look at Leach recruits to see who is doing what:

Marks
    Forbes
    Griffin
    Davis
    Johnson
    Walley
    Wheat
    Rogers
    Decam
    Ducking

ETC... Look at the turn around in a short time. That's the 2020 class.

Most of the 2021 and 2022 class isn't even on the field yet... though some are already getting their feet wet.

Sawyer
    Lewis (the best prospect at LB we have had in a few years... 4 star with some speed.)

ETC.

We have the need to recruit better.
    Not one damn team runs this Air Raid. Not a single one. Go look over all those guys in that Leach tree and you'll see none of them do what we do. We run the prehistoric air raid. Plays are drawn on the cave wall.
    You're also listing guys that the last staff committed/recruited as Leach recruits.

vCash
    They showed a graphic on espn and Leach has the biggest existing coaching tree in the nfl and college today.

The concepts aren’t outdated other than a more mobile q b. Parsons and a better O line would be really productive IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Good post. The one adaptation Leach has to make IMO is a mobile q b. Just avg athleticism would take a ton of pressure off the O line. You need an nfl pocket to protect a guy who probably can’t break 6 flat in the forty. I’ve never seen a q b this slow in the air raid although BJ Symons played with a blown out knee. The difference was he had a cannon for an arm with a quick release to compensate.
    I agree with that. I also know that Rogers was the only QB from HS we got in his first recruiting class. BUT he went out and got Sawyer was will be an upgrade... and then Locke.. and we assume Parson. This is exactly what I am talking about too. That is Program building.

Same with our WR room... It's being built. 7 four star players in that room. They are just young. And look at the coaching up of RaRa.. a 3 star. Same with RB room.. Now 2 4 stars... and look at our 3 star guy Dillon.

These are the classes that will bring consistency because Leach bit the bullet, cleaned some house and put in young guys to start that process of have mid to upper classmen ready to go.

vCash
    They showed a graphic on espn and Leach has the biggest existing coaching tree in the nfl and college today.

The concepts aren?t outdated other than a more mobile q b. Parsons and a better O line would be really productive IMO.
    And Leach is running the ball a lot more than a normal Air Raid. That's what everyone wanted. Well, he's doing it. A mobile QB with a good arm flips this scheme. It's coming with Sawyer and Parson.

vCash
    I agree with that. I also know that Rogers was the only QB from HS we got in his first recruiting class. BUT he went out and got Sawyer was will be an upgrade... and then Locke.. and we assume Parson. This is exactly what I am talking about too. That is Program building.

Same with our WR room... It's being built. 7 four star players in that room. They are just young. And look at the coaching up of RaRa.. a 3 star. Same with RB room.. Now 2 4 stars... and look at our 3 star guy Dillon.

These are the classes that will bring consistency because Leach bit the bullet, cleaned some house and put in young guys to start that process of have mid to upper classmen ready to go.
    Yes. I thought the receivers looked really soft last night. I saw a play on the sideline where the ball was slightly behind Duck and he got alligator arms made a really soft effort to turn around and grab the ball as the defender was close. If he was aggressive, walled off the defender and really grabbed the ball it’s an easy catch. Harvey over Walley needs to stop, he was covered too easily last night.

I think there is going to be a shake up at wr and we may see Reese over Kam. Reese is green but he’s probably an nfl lineman physically.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not one damn team runs this Air Raid. Not a single one. Go look over all those guys in that Leach tree and you'll see none of them do what we do. We run the prehistoric air raid. Plays are drawn on the cave wall.
    You're also listing guys that the last staff committed/recruited as Leach recruits.
    I sure did. And I stated that.

Yes.. More teams are transitioning to the air raid. Thanks for making the same point I made. Your wrong on what they are or are not doing vs Leach. Does UT out recruit us? Yes. Syracuse just switched to it in 2022... The QB can scramble when needed. ETC ETC..

Now look at who Leach is recruiting and you can see what he is about to do. Look at our rushing attempts. We are on schedule to run it about 75 more times than last year.

vCash
    Yes. I thought the receivers looked really soft last night. I saw a play on the sideline where the ball was slightly behind Duck and he got alligator arms made a really soft effort to turn around and grab the ball as the defender was close. If he was aggressive, walled off the defender and really grabbed the ball it’s an easy catch. Harvey over Walley needs to stop, he was covered too easily last night.

I think there is going to be a shake up at wr and we may see Reese over Kam. Reese is green but he’s probably an nfl lineman physically.
    Great points. We are getting closer and closer. The only negative thing I can see right now is the recruiting arm not stepping up in the world of NIL and to be honest, I don't know that we will ever be able to compete with it.

vCash
    The thing with coaches today and being under the gun to win, Money. When you are making $5 million plus per year, you ae expected to win. Is 6 or 7 wins enough for Msu, maybe.

This is supposed to be the Pirates break out year according to many, let's hope but IF we keep making mistakes and stay in a "rut" for a quarter or more (seems so far in our three games), we will have a very disappointing season.

vCash
    There's talk that 6-6 and a 3rd straight loss in the Egg may end up with us making a change.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Great points. We are getting closer and closer. The only negative thing I can see right now is the recruiting arm not stepping up in the world of NIL and to be honest, I don't know that we will ever be able to compete with it.
    Compared to Lubbock and Pullman there is a gold mine of athletes in Mississippi. Guys like Dinkins and Sledge just aren’t easy pickings in most states, they are here. Leach is going to have to prioritize national recruiting for O lineman, receivers and to an extent edge rushers.

Receivers and q bs do recruit themselves given the offense.

He is building and you can see it. I think with Costello unable to perform in the offense, then Will getting thrown in the fire and picking up the offense.....we found ourselves locked in with Will. But it’s costing us due to mobility/o line issues and athletic sec defensive fronts.

When the defense has to account for the q b running or at least can’t sack a stationary object it makes the Offense so much more difficult to defend.

vCash
    Sawyer and Parsons are more mobile so that's coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There's talk that 6-6 and a 3rd straight loss in the Egg may end up with us making a change.
    You're one of the main ones who hyped this season up as year 3 and we should be sooo much better. So now you're gonna start this crap?
    Last edited by Catfish; 09-19-2022 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You're one of the main ones who hyped this season up as year 3 and we should be sooo much better. So now you're gonna start this crap? Who's your source other than your split personality.
    Should have won last night. Come out up 2 TD's and fold is not good.

Source is someone that sits in a skybox

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Should have won last night. Come out up 2 TD's and fold is not good.

Source is someone that sits in a skybox
    BS, you've been promoting a good year just so you could pull this crap. You're not fooling anyone. You didn't want Leach and his "airbone" as you call it.
    Last edited by Catfish; 09-18-2022 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Man ya’ll touchy today. I was just relaying what I heard.