Thread: Why does Randall Cobb say his high school in intros??

Banned
    vCash

Why does Randall Cobb say his high school in intros??

Why can't he be like Elgton Jenkins and say his college?

** Needed to break up the pessimism on the board.

vCash
    Nice! I guess he hates his college, lol!

vCash
    Lots of NFL players do it. One tonight named his elementary school. Hey CC, did watch some of Cincy/Dallas and Joe Mixon is also a team captain. Didn't he have some serious issues at OK? That NFL rehabilitates more people that Nick at bama! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nice! I guess he hates his college, lol!
    Dak is only crediting us again bc we hooked him up with a lucrative Perry Cafeteria NIL deal***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Lots of NFL players do it. One tonight named his elementary school. Hey CC, did watch some of Cincy/Dallas and Joe Mixon is also a team captain. Didn't he have some serious issues at OK? That NFL rehabilitates more people that Nick at bama! Hail State!
    I'm taking a jab at those who get mad when Fletcher Cox says Yazoo City High School or Jon Abram let's himself get sponsored.

And Mixon hit someone who struck him first. Equal rights and lefts and all that.

vCash
    I watched some of it too lol! Yeah Mixon had some serious issues but as you said the nfl loves to rehab lol! Remember Lawrence Phillips? Dude had more chances than anyone ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dak is only crediting us again bc we hooked him up with a lucrative Perry Cafeteria NIL deal***
    Man where can I get me one of them deals, lol?

vCash
    I'm glad you started this thread, Tater. We needed some levity today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm taking a jab at those who get mad when Fletcher Cox says Yazoo City High School or Jon Abram let's himself get sponsored.

And Mixon hit someone who struck him first. Equal rights and lefts and all that.
    Abram better stay well and have a big year. Don't think the raiders picked up his 5th year option. Mixon's return punch was extreme against a girl much smaller and I have a son and daughter that know better than 1st punch or response.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm glad you started this thread, Tater. We needed some levity today
    I'm a raiders fan. I needed it desperately. Knew this week was bad when the ****ing Cubs swept the Mets.

vCash
    Bc they want their college to pay them to say it I think; it’s worth some bank.

Banned
    vCash
    Abram better stay well and have a big year. Don't think the raiders picked up his 5th year option. Mixon's return punch was extreme against a girl much smaller and I have a son and daughter that know better than 1st punch or response.
    On the list of "character issues" things, the last thing I care about is a football player "losing their cool" when being struck in the face and returning serve too strong. Her parents should have taught her to not be an idiot. The only other incident I've he had was ripping a parking ticket up in front of an attendant because he got back to the car at the same time as she was ticketing him. And to be honest, **** campus PD parking attendants. If I had my choice of picking "character concerns" then these are way better than a drug addiction or a drunk driving.

vCash
    I'm a raiders fan. I needed it desperately. Knew this week was bad when the ****ing Cubs swept the Mets.
    Oh man that game today was heartbreaking for the raiders.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh man that game today was heartbreaking for the raiders.
    I was off the Josh McDaniels wagon before he was hired. Today is exactly what I expected. Good designs but outsmarts himself.

We have a workhorse HB and a kicker who has been automatic with a cannon of a leg. RTGDFB and let him win it. Don't throw it to the guy who just fumbled.

Carr doesn't look settled into this offense yet either. Raiders are going to lose so many games they should have won this year.

vCash
    I was off the Josh McDaniels wagon before he was hired. Today is exactly what I expected. Good designs but outsmarts himself.

We have a workhorse HB and a kicker who has been automatic with a cannon of a leg. RTGDFB and let him win it. Don't throw it to the guy who just fumbled.

Carr doesn't look settled into this offense yet either. Raiders are going to lose so many games they should have won this year.
    I like Josh but sometimes he gets a little to creative for his own good. Yeah I agree he should've just run the ball
    Kicked the fg and got out with a win.

vCash

Growing up a State fan in the 60's, I knew I better pick a NFL team that won and it was the Raiders, The Mad Bomber Lamonica, George Blanda, Warren Wells, Dr. Death Skip Thomas, Jack Tatum, Otis Sistruck from "Non-ne, None" college, Ted the Stork Hendrick, Stabler, Fred B & Lester Hayes. with the stickum, Marcus Allen, all the outcasts given a second chance by Al, Madden, and the list goes on. "Just Win Baby". Last few years, not so good and big $ wasted on Carr who is not the answer. I still have a very nice black, of course, LA Raiders winter cap a friend got for me out West. Went to Memphis to see them play the Oilers/future Titans there. Jeff George was the Raiders QB & they lost in front of a small crowd of mostly Raider fans who came out of the Southern woodwork.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-18-2022 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Growing up a State fan in the 60's, I knew I better picked a NFL team that won and it was the Raiders, The Mad Bomber Lamonica, George Blanda, Warren Wells, Dr. Death Skip Thomas, Jack Tatum, Otis Sistruck from "Non-ne, None" college, Ted the Stork Hendrick, Stabler, Fred B & Lester Hayes. with the stickum, Marcus Allen, all the outcasts given a second chance by Al, Madden, and the list goes on. "Just Win Baby". Last few years, not so good and big $ wasted on Carr who is not the answer.
    That was my team in the 70s too. One of my favorite players was a wr named Mike Siani and I dint know why because he was just a part time guy but his name sounded cool to me. Fred Bilentnikoff was one of my favorites too. One slow dude who was always open and never dropped a ball! I heard stabler say one time that Bilentnikoff had so much stickum all over his body that after he made a catch he'd have to try and switch balls because he couldn't throw becaus it would stick to his hand!

vCash
    That was my team in the 70s too. One of my favorite players was a wr named Mike Siani and I dint know why because he was just a part time guy but his name sounded cool to me. Fred Bilentnikoff was one of my favorites too. One slow dude who was always open and never dropped a ball! I heard stabler say one time that Bilentnikoff had so much stickum all over his body that after he made a catch he'd have to try and switch balls because he couldn't throw becaus it would stick to his hand!
    I saw a game where Lester Hayes got an INT where the ball actually stuck to his forearm. So many tough players. Wouldn't last half a quarter without being thrown out of the game today. They got hosed on the Franco Harris play and the incompletion, arm going forward at NE. Their rivalry with KC was unreal. Those were the days.

vCash
    I saw a game where Lester Hayes got an INT where the ball actually stuck to his forearm. So many tough players. Wouldn't last half a quarter without being thrown out of the game today. They got hosed on the Franco Harris play and the incompletion, arm going forward at NE. Their rivalry with KC was unreal. Those were the days.
    And those Raiders were mean and nasty. Lot of teams were scared to play them.

vCash
    Compared to now the game is unrecognizable. Guys today wouldn't be able to handle the dudes from those days. They were brutally tough. I remember watching some of those old kc games and dang they hated each other.