Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning Thoughts

vCash

Sunday Morning Thoughts

After taking time to settle down, which still has not really happened honestly, a few thoughts from last night and the season moving forward:

1. I do not wholly blame Leach last night. Yes special teams is still a nightmare 3 years into his tenure and that is unacceptable. Yes his 4th down play calling was down right asinine outside of the first one last night. However, Leach did not drop, at my count, 10 passes. He did not muff a punt. And he did not straight up shank an extra point. Those 3 things were the difference, especially the missed XP and muffed punt.

2. If you cannot catch the ball, you cannot play. That needs to be our motto moving forward. We are too talented in that WR room to have drops, in big situations, like we did last night.

3. I am not advocating for a QB change, but if you are going to do it then now is the time. Last night was not on Will. His receivers had far too many drops as I stated earlier. But some of his decisions last night (holding the ball, checking into run plays, not recognizing where pressure was coming from) are very concerning moving forward.

4. Arnett kept us in it in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but failed us in the 4th. They ran the same play on 3rd down (quick out to Nabors) 4 straight times on the drive that put them up 8. Also, spying with Jett Johnson was just asking Daniels to run for a first down every time.

5. The season is not over, but if we play like we did last night it will be gone in a flash. Luckily for us, outside of Georgia, Bama, and Kentucky no one else really scares me on our schedule. We could still wrangle 8-4 out of this season. However, play like you did last night and 5-7 we will be.

vCash
    Kentucky should scare absolutely no one

vCash
    Will threw behind his receivers all night. You left that part out when you talked about his poor decisions. He had a bad night. I hope he bounces back because I really like the young man.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Some of those drops were on will. You have to use touch on passes across the middle when not throwing into a tight window.

Those 4th down play calls at least two were on will. He could have pulled and walked for the 1st down. His two biggest fears are contact and stretching the field vertically.

Tuck it and get 4 or 5 hell maybe even 10/15 and take more chances down the field you are going to naturally loosen the d up. LSU were daring him to run and take chances down the field.

vCash
    You can't drop a shit ton of passes and muff a punt on your 10 yard line in Death Valley.

The stage was way too big some of our guys last night.

And not a single flag thrown on either team for a PI. That's pretty odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You can't drop a shit ton of passes and muff a punt on your 10 yard line in Death Valley.

Our DB's were often not close enough to get called, our DB's can't or won't wrap up a tackle, very poor technique that is 100% coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Well after last night every road game will scare me. The lights were too big for us last night and that is concerning moving forward.

vCash
    The problem with the defense is simple. We run spot drop zone principals and have 2 LBs playing safety. Neither are going to work. Why not bring in another CB to play man coverage on a slot instead of asking Duncan or any of them to do something they cannot do? Arnett has done it for 3 years. I like him a lot I think he is a good coach and is awesome to talk to but its not gonna change until we change it

vCash
    Oh and Forbes should sit the bench until he decides to start playing for state and not himself. Watson too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    Our DB's were often not close enough to get called, our DB's can't or won't wrap up a tackle, very poor technique that is 100% coaching.
    And it's a two way street. There were several blatant PIs on LSU last night. Ducking got held on several plays and one in particular the LSU defender was literally holding his hand so he couldn't make the catch. There were some questionable calls and no calls last night but it doesn't excuse the drops, the muff or the total shitty defensive showing before halftime letting them get confidence.

vCash
    Having my coffee in Orange Beach this morning and catch Leach heading home after having his sails blown off last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Will threw behind his receivers all night. You left that part out when you talked about his poor decisions. He had a bad night. I hope he bounces back because I really like the young man.
    Agree, but why does our QB (not just Will, but Bulldog QBs in our history) always appear to have a bad night in the BIG games? So frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    Some of those drops were on will. You have to use touch on passes across the middle when not throwing into a tight window.

Those 4th down play calls at least two were on will. He could have pulled and walked for the 1st down. His two biggest fears are contact and stretching the field vertically.

Tuck it and get 4 or 5 hell maybe even 10/15 and take more chances down the field you are going to naturally loosen the d up. LSU were daring him to run and take chances down the field.
    Wait.. so in a tight window, he should throw it with velocity and the WR should catch it? But if they are wide open.. no?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Wait.. so in a tight window, he should throw it with velocity and the WR should catch it? But if they are wide open.. no?
    Exactly. Wr?s were expecting more touch because of the d. Will was confused a lot last night by the d.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Well after last night every road game will scare me. The lights were too big for us last night and that is concerning moving forward.
    At this point, no one except E TN fears us on their schedule. We have a lot to correct and prove in all three facets of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Having my coffee in Orange Beach this morning and catch Leach heading home after having his sails blown off last night.

LOL, that is funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

We won?t have much PI if our DBs are playing 10 yards off the LOS and go into a back pedal when they running 5-8 yard outs. They killed us in the flats the second half and I saw no adjustment to it. And our LBs sure weren?t going to be there.

vCash
    The problem with the defense is simple. We run spot drop zone principals and have 2 LBs playing safety. Neither are going to work. Why not bring in another CB to play man coverage on a slot instead of asking Duncan or any of them to do something they cannot do? Arnett has done it for 3 years. I like him a lot I think he is a good coach and is awesome to talk to but its not gonna change until we change it
    Yes. Duncan on Nabors is atrocious!

vCash
    I agree with #2 but do not understand all the talent people are saying we have at WR. We have prob the 11 to 13th best WR room in the SEC. It?s not a good group.

vCash
    Agree. UK is a fraud at #9. They have a good D but so does Aub and LSU. It doesn't make them top 10. They beat a weak over rated UF team and that is it.