Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something strange happened last night...

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    My thoughts exactly. And yes Give me a look at Sawyer. Will went into a shell last night and became Mr Checkdown. You don't beat the big boys by being scared. Gotta let her rip, and let the chips fall where they may
    Bingo. There it is. When the game is on the line, it seemed like he didn?t throw the ball past the line of scrimmage for 2.5 quarters. And when he did, the ball was off target. I love Will, but he is not the guy that is going to get us to Atlanta. So let?s give the next guy a look. This season is over in the first SEC game. Well it?s not, but Atlanta is off the table. So, maybe if we play Sawyer now, next year we can do something.

That?s right, I am suggesting we move on from a guy that could throw 4500 yards this year. Why? Cause Winning matters more, and you have to get 350-400 of those 4500 yards in games that matter.

vCash
    For me it?s that I hated the Leach hire so much when it happened but I love this school and wanted to see it work so I can eat crow. Same thing with Will it?s like I knew he wouldn?t ever take us where we need to be but slowly let myself buy into it when he puts up 400 yards against OOC opponents. So I guess this was just a reality check even tho In the back of my mind I always knew it wouldn?t work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I wonder if other schools experience the same feelings we have. Like does Kentucky ever say, "I wonder if we will find a way to Kentucky this game tonight?" Like we always seem to go into games with that monkey on our shoulder where something strange happens or we can never get in sync and we lose those WTF games
    Arkansas fans are worse than us and for good reason

vCash
    Leach third year and team is experienced. experienced does not automatically mean better, sometimes just a year older. All these years of being ranked 12 of 14 in the SEC has caught up with us. No time with NIL and portal to succeed with a developmental program anymore. Our offense is playing 10 vs 11 with a QB that can't run and WR's are soft against tough DB's, LB's slow, OT's first year starting there and one not so great at G last year. I could go on. 5-7 tops and going to be a very long year. Hope I am wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is Sawyer even close to will? I know last year, word was Sawyer was horribly behind
    If that's the case that should be a wake up call about leach, he doesn't recruit nor develop, not a good combination and becoming more evident with every embarrassment. Sawyer needs to be our starter at least if shows that he has guts and doesn't play scared. The team fed off of the quitters / scared attitude that was displayed from the fumbled punt to the qb that was playing afraid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This offense needs a good dual threat QB.
    Agree. We don't necessarily need someone with Dak's or Fitz's running ability but a QB with Will's accuracy and just a little escapability in the backfield along with the ability to pick up 5 or 10 yards when flushed would make us dangerous as hell. In the past my friends and I would say things like "Can you imagine if Tyler Russell could run or if Fitz was a better passer?" then we'd remind ourselves that if those things were true, they probably wouldn't be playing here. Maybe Leach can attract QBs that can do just that. I'm hoping Parson is one of them.

vCash
    No one except maybe TN State looks at their schedule and fears playing us. Most circle it as a win. In the past, we were a physical, tough team to play even when we lost. We are now soft and one dimensional on O, slow on D, and very poor on ST. We are a bad team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    No one except maybe TN State looks at their schedule and fears playing us. Most circle it as a win. In the past, we were a physical, tough team to play even when we lost. We are now soft and one dimensional on O, slow on D, and very poor on ST. We are a bad team.
    1000% agree and the sad part is that we are getting worse and worse every week and only those with maroon welding goggles can't see it.

Football requires physical domination and that is not how this team is built, physically and especially mentally. This is a great scheme for 7 on 7 with no contact, but we don't have the players or the attitude to be competitive in the SEC or anywhere besides the Pac 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I know their fans were crushed after our game with them last year. It cost them a NY6 bowl and also their very outside shot at making the CFP. It was one of those games where they kinda expected to win and felt like they were the better team, but new that their program had a knack for not winning those games. Pretty good parallel to last night really.
    We lost to them at State last year.

vCash
    We beat Kentucky 31-17 last year in what was probably Rogers's best game of his career

vCash
    We have a bunch of seniors that won?t be here next here.

This is our year. We are/were better than LSU.

Their QB could not pass the ball most of the game. I don?t want to repeat what has been said, but we simply got outcoached.

vCash
    Not to Kentucky we didn?t. LSU yes but I referenced Ky in my post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    It?s because we didn?t win a game the other team was trying to lose to us.
    For 3 quarters LSU was trying to lose that game and then we gave them life and the old LSU came back and throat stomped us.
    It?s one thing to lose a game, it?s another to lose a game that was yours for the taking.
    I think after 3 quarters when it got dark and the crowd was inebriated and got really loud, we got nervous and lost focus. LSU got fired up and our W/Rs dropped some easy passses that could have turned the game in our favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Bingo. There it is. When the game is on the line, it seemed like he didn?t throw the ball past the line of scrimmage for 2.5 quarters. And when he did, the ball was off target. I love Will, but he is not the guy that is going to get us to Atlanta. So let?s give the next guy a look. This season is over in the first SEC game. Well it?s not, but Atlanta is off the table. So, maybe if we play Sawyer now, next year we can do something.

That?s right, I am suggesting we move on from a guy that could throw 4500 yards this year. Why? Cause Winning matters more, and you have to get 350-400 of those 4500 yards in games that matter.
    If winning matters more, then you need to allow him to build the program right. Not throw players to the wolves for the sake of emotions. You play the person that has more experience while grooming the future and developing the OL through recruiting. Our brightest years was never going to be in his first years. It's going to be when he builds the under classes and they have a steady rotation of ready guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I think after 3 quarters when it got dark and the crowd was inebriated and got really loud, we got nervous and lost focus. LSU got fired up and our W/Rs dropped some easy passses that could have turned the game in our favor.
    Rara dropped a touchdown pass b/c he knew he had it and didn't secure the ball before turning up field. Stupid mistake that could have made it 23-7.

vCash
    Leach third year and team is experienced. experienced does not automatically mean better, sometimes just a year older. All these years of being ranked 12 of 14 in the SEC has caught up with us. No time with NIL and portal to succeed with a developmental program anymore. Our offense is playing 10 vs 11 with a QB that can't run and WR's are soft against tough DB's, LB's slow, OT's first year starting there and one not so great at G last year. I could go on. 5-7 tops and going to be a very long year. Hope I am wrong.
    Good post. I thought the receivers looked really soft especially Duck and Harvey can?t get open. Wills total lack of mobility makes an already shaken O line struggle even more. A third year q b can?t be checking into runs on fourth and one with 8 in the box.

We need Will to start the rest of the year but it?s time to open up the about competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think a lot of our fans convinced ourselves that this would be a special season, and now it's probably not going to be. It could still be an 8-4 type year, but we're not going 10-2 or anything like that anymore.
    And I think that's also part of the apathy the fan base is starting to exhibit. 8 wins gets you what -- another trip to the Belk or Music City Bowl? We've been there, done that for 12 years straight. We crave "more" and for the first time in a long time, the national sports media was on our side against LSU and we crapped the bed on what could've been a push for a Jan 1 bowl.

We are so Mississippi State... *** sigh ***

vCash
    LSU and a lot more of the SEC schools have more talent than State does. No more complicated than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    LSU and a lot more of the SEC schools have more talent than State does. No more complicated than that.
    This is why I picked the game as a toss up. LSU has the eighth most talented roster and are playing at home. We have the 29th most talented roster and are on the road.

Against FSU you could see the speed and athleticism they have in their front seven.

They looked bad their first game but came together pretty well in their third game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We have a bunch of seniors that won?t be here next here.
    J
    This is our year. We are/were better than LSU.

Their QB could not pass the ball most of the game. I don?t want to repeat what has been said, but we simply got outcoached.
    A lot of those guys have COVID years to use and I have a feeling a lot of them are coming back.