Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just don't understand it

vCash

I just don't understand it

I don't understand how you go almost 2 Quarters and build a 13-0 lead, only to be out scored 31-3 the rest of the way.

I don't understand how your game plan is built around throwing the ball 10 times over the middle to a guy that was not recruited heavily and is 5'6 and a buck 50 and can't get separation from a damn linebacker.

I don't understand how you run it down their throat for a quarter, and they adjust to somehow stopping the run AND the pass. And you make zero adjustments of your own.

I don't understand how you justify putting the "hands" returner in the game to muff a punt when you have a very good returner in Thomas, AND Williams has NOT GOT GOOD HANDS.

I don't understand how a 3rd year QB is too scared to sling it when he averages 50 passes a game and is supposedly well versed in the system. We are already one dimensional by default, so taking away anything over 10 yards down the field before the ball is snapped makes us pretty easy to defend.

I don't understand how you lock a team down for almost two quarters, and then run prevent and allow them to go 90 yards in a minute and a half and totally change the game.

I don't understand how you keep trotting out kickers that are not worth a literal shit, when schools like UAB are somehow churning out pro kickers year after year.

I don't understand how you check to a run play with a 120 pound back and an OL that can't block a 3rd grader on 4th and 1 TWICE when they have a loaded box.

I don't understand why Mississippi State can't put a team away when we have the chance.

I don't understand how you blitz literally every play, yet never hit the QB

I don't understand why MSU absolutely shits all over itself in every sport as soon as people start talking about us being an overlooked or really good team. Absolutely cannot stand success, and are incapable of getting positive publicity or momentum, or winning the perception game. Expect us to win, we lose....EVERY DAMN TIME.

I don't understand why we deserve the punishment we get as State fans, but we are all going to live shorter lives on top of it all, so it's bull shit. Why do we do this to ourselves.

I don't understand how I basically knew exactly how this game was going to go, yet I still allowed myself to get invested and get crushed for the 945,237th time by Mississippi State.

I don't understand why we hired a coach that has a one dimensional offense to coach in a league whose defenses have a reputation for making teams one dimensional so they can kick your ass, and thought it would work.

I don't understand why I posted these things, because outside of these few things we played great and I'm doing fine.

vCash
    The TD we gave up before half was so big, what kind garbage prevent d was that

vCash
    I love ya CD! Hang in there brother! I told my sons after the game tonight it felt like I got kicked square in the huevos!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I love ya CD! Hang in there brother! I told my sons after the game tonight it felt like I got kicked square in the huevos!
    Same here brother. It's so damn hard being a fan of this shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    The TD we gave up before half was so big, what kind garbage prevent d was that
    It was awful. Changed the entire flow of the game. Gave them life

vCash
    Cadaver, we are not really that good this year I'm afraid. Not Tech and 10 bad, but maybe 4-8 bad. At least Leach didn't predict us to win the conference like Emory did before we failed to win a SEC game. BTW, Emory got fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Cadaver, we are not really that good this year I'm afraid. Not Tech and 10 bad, but maybe 4-8 bad. At least Leach didn't predict us to win the conference like Emory did before we failed to win a SEC game. BTW, Emory got fired.
    Oh I agree. We are not good. We have a system QB that will never do anything spectacular but enough to put up numbers. Nowhere near NFL quality. We have an OL that is bad. RB's that can't break tackles, and our offense is built on getting them in space so that's an issue. WR's can't catch. Kickers can't kick. Punt returner can't catch the punt. Coach can't make coaching adjustments.

Other than that, we're solid.*

vCash
    It all starts with the HC. Just saying, he is responsible for the product on the field. Now in saying this, it's only his 3rd season and we still have most of the season left.

Big loss tonight. We took a big step back with 16 or 17 starters returning. I said 7 wins this year and right no that may be a stretch. Gonna be interesting IF the Pirate makes a few changes or adjustments.

vCash
    To add to that, unfortunately UM going to be better than we thought. So we'll hear that for the next several weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Oh I agree. We are not good. We have a system QB that will never do anything spectacular but enough to put up numbers. Nowhere near NFL quality. We have an OL that is bad. RB's that can't break tackles, and our offense is built on getting them in space so that's an issue. WR's can't catch. Kickers can't kick. Punt returner can't catch the punt. Coach can't make coaching adjustments.

Other than that, we're solid.*
    I think you're being harsh on Woody and DJ. Those two and RaRa are basically the entire offense. It makes me sick thinking about how good Woody and DJ would be in a Mullen offense.

And I'll add another: I don't understand how we fail to force feed a talented, highly recruited WR like Jayden Walley. He's shown he's got the physical tools and skill to be effective against an SEC defense.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I really think the muffed punt was the turning point. As I said all week we couldn't afford to have turnovers if we wanted to beat LSU. Well, we turned it over and then the wheels fell off. Up until that point we had the lead.

If Austin catches that punt who knows what happens? Probably go 3 and out again or punt again after a couple of first downs but we've also seen Leach teams catch fire suddenly too. What we do know is we would possess the ball instead of giving them a chance to get the lead and probably at least win some field position and run some clock off. Worst case scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I think you're being harsh on Woody and DJ. Those two and RaRa are basically the entire offense. It makes me sick thinking about how good Woody and DJ would be in a Mullen offense.

And I'll add another: I don't understand how we fail to force feed a talented, highly recruited WR like Jayden Walley. He's shown he's got the physical tools and skill to be effective against an SEC defense.
    Harvey is playing way too much and Walley not enough. I do wonder if Tulu would be better as our slot guy. RaRa and Ducking are legit. We had Harmon out there too much for where he is at this point too. I'd like to see what Xavion Thomas can do. Woody and DJ are solid but tonight was really the first time I've ever seen either one of them break off a long TD run. If Harvey is dropping passes like he seemed to tonight- he needs to sit.

vCash
    Where the hell is Scooby Ford? He was really good, is he hurt? Transfer portal? What?

vCash
    Being a State fan....no kidding. The two biggest $&** talkers to me tonight......a dude from madison and one from Natchez. Neither even went to LSU......damn 17 a---holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Being a State fan....no kidding. The two biggest $&** talkers to me tonight......a dude from madison and one from Natchez. Neither even went to LSU......damn 17 a---holes.
    I need to be one of those guys. Saturdays would be so much more enjoyable

vCash
    OMG, Cadaver has elitedawgs on fire with the Post of the Year !!! Great job, CD. Rep given b/c I'm right there with ya on every damn thing you've listed in your post. Why, oh why???...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I don't understand how you go almost 2 Quarters and build a 13-0 lead, only to be out scored 31-3 the rest of the way.

I don't understand how your game plan is built around throwing the ball 10 times over the middle to a guy that was not recruited heavily and is 5'6 and a buck 50 and can't get separation from a damn linebacker.

I don't understand how you run it down their throat for a quarter, and they adjust to somehow stopping the run AND the pass. And you make zero adjustments of your own.

I don't understand how you justify putting the "hands" returner in the game to muff a punt when you have a very good returner in Thomas, AND Williams has NOT GOT GOOD HANDS.

I don't understand how a 3rd year QB is too scared to sling it when he averages 50 passes a game and is supposedly well versed in the system. We are already one dimensional by default, so taking away anything over 10 yards down the field before the ball is snapped makes us pretty easy to defend.

I don't understand how you lock a team down for almost two quarters, and then run prevent and allow them to go 90 yards in a minute and a half and totally change the game.

I don't understand how you keep trotting out kickers that are not worth a literal shit, when schools like UAB are somehow churning out pro kickers year after year.

I don't understand how you check to a run play with a 120 pound back and an OL that can't block a 3rd grader on 4th and 1 TWICE when they have a loaded box.

I don't understand why Mississippi State can't put a team away when we have the chance.

I don't understand how you blitz literally every play, yet never hit the QB

I don't understand why MSU absolutely shits all over itself in every sport as soon as people start talking about us being an overlooked or really good team. Absolutely cannot stand success, and are incapable of getting positive publicity or momentum, or winning the perception game. Expect us to win, we lose....EVERY DAMN TIME.

I don't understand why we deserve the punishment we get as State fans, but we are all going to live shorter lives on top of it all, so it's bull shit. Why do we do this to ourselves.

I don't understand how I basically knew exactly how this game was going to go, yet I still allowed myself to get invested and get crushed for the 945,237th time by Mississippi State.

I don't understand why we hired a coach that has a one dimensional offense to coach in a league whose defenses have a reputation for making teams one dimensional so they can kick your ass, and thought it would work.

I don't understand why I posted these things, because outside of these few things we played great and I'm doing fine.

Good post. I can’t find myself disagreeing with much.

vCash
    Totally understand Cad ... but I also believe we will be talking about how in the hell did we win this game before this season is over.... whichever that game may be
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Good grief I hate that crap. I grew up in Natchez where LSU fans outnumber those of all combined Mississippi schools of every level about 20 to 1. Yet actual people with degrees from or that actually attended LSU are outnumbered individually by each of USM, UMiss, MSU, and Alcorn on their own.

I hated it.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Harvey is playing way too much and Walley not enough. I do wonder if Tulu would be better as our slot guy. RaRa and Ducking are legit. We had Harmon out there too much for where he is at this point too. I'd like to see what Xavion Thomas can do. Woody and DJ are solid but tonight was really the first time I've ever seen either one of them break off a long TD run. If Harvey is dropping passes like he seemed to tonight- he needs to sit.
    Not only did Harvey drop passes(that could've been some big gainers) twice on a bubble screen he didn't use the block and ran the wrong way right into the tackle, when if he's used the block he would've picked up first downs. Things like that, that add up. Yes Walley needs to play more and Scooby needs to as well, Scooby played hard and don't drop anything and he's quick. I thought tulu had a good night but he needs more touches he's freaking explosive.