Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    Ok ... say you get your wish and Rogers goes .... are you gonna stand Sawyer and Parson or Lovertich up against a firing squad when they do worse or throw 4 interceptions?
    Will and Leach had a bad game. Neither one of them muffed the punt that turned the momentum
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Leach is changing his system. He's running the ball more. I believe he is also going to utilize more of a dual threat QB with Sawyer and Parson. This offense is evolving. I'm not bailing on Leach until we see Sawyer run this offense. If it's more of the same as last night then it's definitely time to move on.

vCash
    I said this last season and people went bananas but it is true.

Wills athletic limitations are so great it puts a ceiling on the potential for the offense.

You have to have minimum escapability, this does not mean you need to be a 11 flat 100 meter sprinter, but able to avoid a rush, roll out and buy some time. Will can’t do this. He is so slow so unathletic he is a statue. See Gardner Minshew. He is difficult to sack and will run for a first down if you give it to him. Will is the least athletic q b in a P5 conference and I would say D1. Don’t give me comparisons with Petras at Iowa or the kid at Purdue. Those guys are 6-5 and have good arms although Petras sucks very badly, he’s not small and frail with a weak arm.

Now let’s look at arms strength. One of the reasons Will can’t push the ball down the field is he can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air. Not only is he a statue but he can’t compensate with a big arm. This is a bad combination.

Will will never get a sniff of the nfl. They do no not look at guys who run a 5.9 forty and can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air.

This is not personal, I like Will personally but this offense would be so much more effective with a semi athletic q b who does have a strong arm. Right now we have a statue with a weak arm who checks into runs on fourth and one with eight men in the box.

vCash
    Sorry, but Leach screwed the pooch on this one. He decided to screw up field position by going for it on every 4th down. That resulted in Austin Williams being in to fair catch a punt inside the 10 (also a stupid decision to put him in cold there) and then Williams failed at his only job. We also had receivers dropping catchable balls all night. Will is what he is. He's what we've got. He's generally a pretty good college QB, but he did have a bad game last night. Our OL scheme sucks, our receivers dropped balls all night, and our coach screwed us. Leach owns most of this loss. He sucked bad last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach is changing his system. He's running the ball more. I believe he is also going to utilize more of a dual threat QB with Sawyer and Parson. This offense is evolving. I'm not bailing on Leach until we see Sawyer run this offense. If it's more of the same as last night then it's definitely time to move on.

This system on defense and on offense will not be at a consistent peak for 5 years. Not happening. That's because of the players we need to run both the Defense and Offense. We can not fall into the trap of rotating coaches every 2 to 3 years. It's program killing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    This system on defense and on offense will not be at a consistent peak for 5 years. Not happening. That's because of the players we need to run both the Defense and Offense. We can not fall into the trap of rotating coaches every 2 to 3 years. It's program killing.
    I'm not taking about next week. I'm talking Sawyer in this offense for at least a year. But I really think we aren't going to see The QB until Parson starts.

vCash
    I'm not taking about next week. I'm talking Sawyer in this offense for at least a year. But I really think we aren't going to see The QB until Parson starts.
    Agree with you but right now I’ll tell you Locke is a classic air raid q b. Smart athletic enough and has a good arm. A lot of Leachs good q bs remind me of Locke. He’s probably going to get lost in the shuffle because as you said Parsons is the guy.

If we had just avg athleticism at q b the O lines job would be so much easier.

vCash
    MSU needs an innovative offense to be successful. John Cohen went out and got us an offense that was innovative 25 years ago.

To be fair, he tried to get us an innovative offense when he hired Moorhead, and that bit him in the butt. That should have been a HR hire, on paper, but JM sucked in unimaginable ways.

Hard to fault JC I guess, but Leach appears to be a .500 guy in the SEC. Maybe if you gave him Alabama talent he could do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    MSU needs an innovative offense to be successful. John Cohen went out and got us an offense that was innovative 25 years ago.

To be fair, he tried to get us an innovative offense when he hired Moorhead, and that bit him in the butt. That should have been a HR hire, on paper, but JM sucked in unimaginable ways.

Hard to fault JC I guess, but Leach appears to be a .500 guy in the SEC. Maybe if you gave him Alabama talent he could do better.
    Well he’s made a living out of turning around shitty bottom of the barrel programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Well he?s made a living out of turning around shitty bottom of the barrel programs.
    And this is why JC hired him .... folks are to quick to blame Cohen ... nothing "conventional " will work here
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

What Coach has MSU ever had that was better than 500% in the SEC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    And this is why JC hired him .... folks are to quick to blame Cohen ... nothing "conventional " will work here
    You got it.

vCash

And that will be in 5 years right. Let's assume Rogers stays another year. That will be the 2023 season and Sawyer takes over in 2024 as a Jr. Plays the 2024 season and Sr in 2025. That means Locke will start in 2026 as a Sr? And 2027 will be Parson. 5 years or so.

In the meantime, our WR room is getting better. But nobody is going to get us to the SECC without 2 major things while keeping everything else consistent;

- OL that are better than good
    - DL that has speed on the edge

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Will owned up and put the blame completely on himself postgame.

I hate it for him. He will have some better games, but not many more wins.
    Will knows as much as we do. He is the only one that can fix it. But Based on what I am seeing, it won?t matter. We cannot continuously rely on 14 play drives to beat an SEC team.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I do wish he would run more often, but dang he is really bad a designing run plays. The formation is not good. The offensive line rarely gets to the second level because they are not beating their first man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    And that will be in 5 years right. Let's assume Rogers stays another year. That will be the 2023 season and Sawyer takes over in 2024 as a Jr. Plays the 2024 season and Sr in 2025. That means Locke will start in 2026 as a Sr? And 2027 will be Parson. 5 years or so.

In the meantime, our WR room is getting better. But nobody is going to get us to the SECC without 2 major things while keeping everything else consistent;

- OL that are better than good
    - DL that has speed on the edge
    Sawyer will beat out Will next year. Mark that down on your calendar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Rogers is VERY accurate.
    No he?s not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He?ll make a great coach but he?s not a good enough athlete to win big games unless those around him play great.
    This is it. When you have a statue, you have to have stud OLmen against stud DLmen in the SEC. We ain?t got it across the board. Teams pick our worst man on the OL and exploit it. They did last night and we were stopped. The drops were just awful too. Killed our drives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I said this last season and people went bananas but it is true.

Wills athletic limitations are so great it puts a ceiling on the potential for the offense.

You have to have minimum escapability, this does not mean you need to be a 11 flat 100 meter sprinter, but able to avoid a rush, roll out and buy some time. Will can’t do this. He is so slow so unathletic he is a statue. See Gardner Minshew. He is difficult to sack and will run for a first down if you give it to him. Will is the least athletic q b in a P5 conference and I would say D1. Don’t give me comparisons with Petras at Iowa or the kid at Purdue. Those guys are 6-5 and have good arms although Petras sucks very badly, he’s not small and frail with a weak arm.

Now let’s look at arms strength. One of the reasons Will can’t push the ball down the field is he can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air. Not only is he a statue but he can’t compensate with a big arm. This is a bad combination.

Will will never get a sniff of the nfl. They do no not look at guys who run a 5.9 forty and can’t throw the ball more than forty yards in the air.

This is not personal, I like Will personally but this offense would be so much more effective with a semi athletic q b who does have a strong arm. Right now we have a statue with a weak arm who checks into runs on fourth and one with eight men in the box.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Sawyer will beat out Will next year. Mark that down on your calendar
    Wanna bet