Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I agree, with this offense you never want a run first guy and players that have the accuracy but can run like a RB are extremely rare.....you really just want an accurate q b who is also athletic enough to buy time, run for an occasional first down and avoid a sack. Robertson and Locke are both guys that can do that.

I don’t agree Sawyer won’t be the starter here. Locke may be the best of them all.
    You think sawyer is going to hang around on the bench for two more years?? And the reason sawyer isn't qb now is bc he's not as accurate as WR.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-20-2022 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You think sawyer is going to hang around on the bench for two more years?? And the reason sawyer isn't qb now is bc he's not as accurate as WR.
    No the reason Sawyer isn’t starting now is because he is a redshirt freshman. Leach won’t start a freshman at q b. Usually guys wait their turn in this offense. He will get a real shot next year.

vCash
    No the reason Sawyer isn’t starting now is because he is a redshirt freshman. Leach won’t start a freshman at q b. Usually guys wait their turn in this offense. He will get a real shot next year.
    Ummm...didn't he already do that with Will Rogers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Ummm...didn't he already do that with Will Rogers?
    Ummm wasn?t that his first year and Costello failed badly and he had no other option but Will ?

vCash
    Ummm wasn?t that his first year and Costello failed badly and he had no other option but Will ?
    You're never gonna find out. He won't be the qb here. Will is way more accurate. He's not getting benched. Again, barring injury and he turns in to Wally pip, Chris Maloney....

vCash
    You're never gonna find out. He won't be the qb here. Will is way more accurate. He's not getting benched. Again, barring injury and he turns in to Wally pip, Chris Maloney....
    Based on what ? Your crystal ball ?

I am not saying who the q b will be next year, but as a redshirt sophomore, guaranteed Sawyer will get a real shot next year.

vCash
    But wasn't your adamant statement wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.
    If you aren't stretching the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    But wasn't your adamant statement wrong?
    Lol

Not unless you purposely take it out of context.

If you were familiar with Leach or his career at Tech or WSU, you would know he doesn’t start freshman q bs in the air raid, for good reason.

His first year here, Costello couldn’t pick up the system and was completely shell shocked. The only option he had was a freshman. I know Leach has commented on this before many times while at Tech and WSU.

vCash
    Based on what ? Your crystal ball ?

I am not saying who the q b will be next year, but as a redshirt sophomore, guaranteed Sawyer will get a real shot next year.
    Bookmark this and get back to me. Just like the same people trying to tell me we had 8 draft picks in the 23 draft. Not being smart. If I'm wrong I'll own it.
    ETA I find it hard to believe sawyer would stay around. I hope I am. I hate guys bailing early. But this is a different beast than ever before.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-20-2022 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Bookmark this and get back to me. Just like the same people trying to tell me. Had 8 draft picks in the 23 draft. Not being smart. If I'm wrong I'll own it.
    ETA I find it hard to believe sawyer would stay around. I hope I am. I hate guys bailing early. But this is a different beast than ever before.
    I don’t find it hard to believe at all. Robertson and Locke are more talented than Will. They grew up playing in very similar passing attacks.

I don’t know if they beat Will out, but I know one thing, as a third year player..RS soph, Sawyer will be given every opportunity next season to win the job, as he should.

I’m good with Will beating them out if he is capable, because that means he is playing at a very high level.

vCash
    I don’t find it hard to believe at all. Robertson and Locke are more talented than Will. They grew up playing in very similar passing attacks.

I don’t know if they beat Will out, but I know one thing, as a third year player..RS soph, Sawyer will be given every opportunity next season to win the job, as he should.

I’m good with Will beating them out if he is capable, because that means he is playing at a very high level.
    More talented as in, arm strength and foot speed?? Aight. More accurate?? Not yet. Not close. Maybe so before it's over. Again. Bookmark it.
    You are also assuming that sawyer stays for next year. Will he???

vCash
    More talented as in, arm strength and foot speed?? Aight. More accurate?? Not yet. Not close. Maybe so before it's over. Again. Bookmark it.
    You are also assuming that sawyer stays for next year. Will he???
    I’d watch some HUDL of Robertson and Locke and then tell me if they are accurate.

I think most of the four star drop back passers in the country can deliver accurate 8-10 yard passes.

vCash
    Lol

Not unless you purposely take it out of context.

If you were familiar with Leach or his career at Tech or WSU, you would know he doesn?t start freshman q bs in the air raid, for good reason.

His first year here, Costello couldn?t pick up the system and was completely shell shocked. The only option he had was a freshman. I know Leach has commented on this before many times while at Tech and WSU.
    it wasn't just Costello being replaced by Rogers ... about half of our offense and defense were Freshman that year ... that's why we were young last year and this year
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by Desoto1967; 09-21-2022 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-21-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.
    That is absolutely true. If you are gashing a team with QB runs against man, the only option is to go to Zone where everyone on the field is eyeing him.
    The issue here is that as a statue, DL can get way up the field and collapse the pocket. They pin their ears back and just beat our OL, because they know they have next to zero responsibility in keeping the QB there. That is the entire reason LSU's offense beat us.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I tend to get tired of the Christian stuff, at least the Christian stuff when you are not completing passes.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    it wasn't just Costello being replaced by Rogers ... about half of our offense and defense were Freshman that year ... that's why we were young last year and this year
    Starting OL, are by no means young, C is playing year 6. QB/RB's experienced. WR room very young expect for one 6th year possession receiver. Next year we will indeed be young at many positions.

vCash
    I think Rogers is a good QB-don't think we'll find anyone that is more accurate than he is. If we could give him good protection and have W/R's really trying hard-like we had with Polk last year, we could be really good on offense. We saw what Rogers can do in the Texas A&M and Auburn games last year.