Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    There?s a reason will doesn?t get the pub others do. Because people talk and coaches talk. There?s film study without the bullshit. People know he?s not a good decision maker and not a strong arm. The narrative is the narrative because it?s true.

vCash
    I don’t think Will is a bad decision maker, he was in the LSU game but in general I don’t think so. I think he doesn’t get a lot of pub because he’s viewed as a system q b. Which is true to an extent.

vCash
    Will didn't help but we were in the game. Austin Williams completely took the air out of the team. In his 10 year long career I cannot recall a moment where Austin swung the momentum in our favor but I can recall multiple times where he helped swing the momentum in favor of the away team. I don't think Austin Williams should touch the field again he does nothing special and is not "Mr. Reliable"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Will didn't help but we were in the game. Austin Williams completely took the air out of the team. In his 10 year long career I cannot recall a moment where Austin swung the momentum in our favor but I can recall multiple times where he helped swing the momentum in favor of the away team. I don't think Austin Williams should touch the field again he does nothing special and is not "Mr. Reliable"
    this is 100% wrong .... this was the second time Austin has fumbled a punt (had one last year). And in the past when we really needed a 3rd & long we almost always went to Austin for the first down because he was trusted to catch the ball more so than other recievers .... Austin is and has been a very good player for us .... You're basing that statement off one muffed punt. Granted that muffed punt swung the momentum and game in their favor but it's not like he's a scourge against us. I'm glad we have him. If you want to get pissed at someone then turn your attention to the guy that kept going for it on 4th down on our side of the 50
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    this is 100% wrong .... this was the second time Austin has fumbled a punt (had one last year). And in the past when we really needed a 3rd & long we almost always went to Austin for the first down because he was trusted to catch the ball more so than other recievers .... Austin is and has been a very good player for us .... You're basing that statement off one muffed punt. Granted that muffed punt swung the momentum and game in their favor but it's not like he's a scourge against us. I'm glad we have him. If you want to get pissed at someone then turn your attention to the guy that kept going for it on 4th down on our side of the 50
    2020 egg bowl fumble on the goal line doesn't ring any bells?

vCash
    Another thing that makes me so mad about how things have gone is that however bad the first half of the 2020 season was.

During the Georgia game 2020... something felt like it changed and we had started to figure out the offense. We go up to oxford and we had no business being in that game but we had guys making plays all over the field on defense and offense but damn did that fumble change the game..... We win if that fumble doesn't happen.

I don't think we win even if Williams catches the ball.

We couldn't do jack shit on offense and our defense was gased , LSU was going to get in the endzone eventually and make it 17-16

This loss isn't on Williams this time. But 2020 egg bowl it was.

vCash
    Hard to make any decision when LSU's defensive line was giving him about 2 seconds.

vCash
    Get used to it people, State doesn't spend the money necessary now days to get the players to complete. State doesn't have enough 4* and 5* talent to compete with the big boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm assuming that last sentence should be "you listed". In no way is Rogers better than young. I agree with your post if my assumption is right
    Yeah sorry fast fingers. should have been you listed....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Another thing that makes me so mad about how things have gone is that however bad the first half of the 2020 season was.

During the Georgia game 2020... something felt like it changed and we had started to figure out the offense. We go up to oxford and we had no business being in that game but we had guys making plays all over the field on defense and offense but damn did that fumble change the game..... We win if that fumble doesn't happen.

I don't think we win even if Williams catches the ball.

We couldn't do jack shit on offense and our defense was gased , LSU was going to get in the endzone eventually and make it 17-16

This loss isn't on Williams this time. But 2020 egg bowl it was.
    What you talking bout? That was a 14 point swing. Instead of tying the game they went up 14-0 with that fumble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    What you talking bout? That was a 14 point swing. Instead of tying the game they went up 14-0 with that fumble.
    I meant to say in the LSU game Saturday. My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I don’t think Will is a bad decision maker, he was in the LSU game but in general I don’t think so. I think he doesn’t get a lot of pub because he’s viewed as a system q b. Which is true to an extent.
    He did not look confident at all during this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He did not look confident at all during this game.
    Kind of got the "happy feet" at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Kind of got the "happy feet" at times.
    Too bad it's "happy feet" instead of "fast feet" to buy time for a completion or run for a good gain or first down!

vCash
    Good grief, someone please archive this thread..... "oh no the wind is blowing out of the south today "......"next week it will blow out of the north "..... The back up QB is always the most favorite person on the team until he's the starter to which the 3rd string guy becomes the favorite! just a fact of fandom. yall carry on.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Agreed. Austin Williams has been a great player for us, and continues to be a great player for us. Dude busts his ass for MSU.
    And yes, we lost because of his play Saturday night. Both can be true.

We don't beat Auburn last year without Austin Williams. We don't beat aTm last year without Austin Williams. He wasn't the reason we won, but he was the reason we didn't lose. Dude has probably 25-30 absolutely have to have it catches in his career.
    My biggest criticism of him and Walley is that they are fading away in games this season. No idea why. Tulu too.

You can blame the LSU loss on him, no doubt. But let's not go overboard here. It was one play. A simple play, that should have been made. He messed it up, we lost. No need to discount his entire career because of it.

Not throwing the ball down the field is a much bigger issue in my opinion. Not being able to block for 3 seconds on pass plays is a bigger issue. Not delivering a catchable ball is another issue. Not catching balls that hit you in the hands is another issue.
    Austin's play lost us the game. Absolutely, but he isn't the overall issue. The overall issue is that we are Pussie$ when people start talking good about us.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    This ^. Great Post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Good grief, someone please archive this thread..... "oh no the wind is blowing out of the south today "......"next week it will blow out of the north "..... The back up QB is always the most favorite person on the team until he's the starter to which the 3rd string guy becomes the favorite! just a fact of fandom. yall carry on.
    Agreed!

vCash
    I think that was a fumble on an offensive catch ... not a punt. Point taken but how many other receivers and RB' have fumbled as well ... regardless- he has been an asset for us - not a liability
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Austin's fumble was the straw that broke the camels back, but if we'd made the plays that were there to be made it wouldn't have mattered. Saturday's failure was a team effort from HC on down. Austin's screwup was just one of many. We had death by a thousand cuts. What the old saying? "We have met the enemy and he is us!"