Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Agree 100% and I think it?s becoming clear to more and more people.

A guy who can take off and run for 40 yards would be a great luxury but......just having a good athlete that can pick up seven yards running when everyone is covered or can roll out, elude defenders and throw on the run would make a mediocre offensive line a pretty good offensive line. With the athletes on the D line in the SEC you have to nearly have an NFL pocket to allow Will to effective game in and game out......given his physical limitations.
    People can fight me for what I say right now. IDC

last year, if you swapped will rogers and matt corrall.

State is 9-3

Ole miss would be 5-7 with rogers.

A mobile qb that has an arm literally is game changing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

State is 9-3

I feel like that is obvious though, no reasonable person would disagree. Corral was a third round draft pick with all the physical tools, just a tad undersized. Will is going to be undrafted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Will made some really boneheaded reads last night. A guy that could get us a quick first down with his legs would have changed the game tremendously.
    Mobility has nothing to do with making good reads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Good God man, get some help. LSU is terrible and we couldn't do anything against them, (their EOY record will bear out how bad they are). Arizona is one of the worst P5 teams in the country and we couldn't put them away. We'll be damn lucky to win two conference games.
    Even though I found out on here during their game last night that Idaho State is a championship D2 or whatever program, AZ barely beat them at home. Doesn't say much for AZ or us.

vCash

State is 9-3

I would argue that Corral would struggle to run the air raid and will would be fine throwing bubble screens handing it off and making one read shot plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I would argue that Corral would struggle to run the air raid and will would be fine throwing bubble screens handing it off and making one read shot plays
    Matt Corral would've absolutely killed it in the air raid.

No offense to your boy, but if Will can put up numbers in the air raid, Corral could easily match and surpass it with his arm and mobility. The talent level between the two isn't even close.

vCash
    We do not have to have a dual threat QB. We just need a QB with enough awareness and footwork to step out of the pocket pressure buying a couple more seconds and then deliver the ball. Will immediately cowers in the pocket when under pressure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Even though I found out on here during their game last night that Idaho State is a championship D2 or whatever program, AZ barely beat them at home. Doesn't say much for AZ or us.
    I believe you mean North Dakota State, but your message is still correct. Arizona struggled with a perennial FCS championship contender.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We do not have to have a dual threat QB. We just need a QB with enough awareness and footwork to step out of the pocket pressure buying a couple more seconds and then deliver the ball. Will immediately cowers in the pocket when under pressure.
    Agree that you don’t need a dual threat. You need a good athlete, not necessarily a sprinter or running back. Just enough quick feet to escape the pocket, buy time and if they leave 8 yards in front of you and it’s third down you can get it on occasion. That’s what Locke or Robertson can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I believe you mean North Dakota State, but your message is still correct. Arizona struggled with a perennial FCS championship contender.
    Yeah, NDS. Taught GEO a year or two, my mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    That ndsu team beats a d1 team every year and their fans were extremely disappointed they lost last night. They expect to win. Heck they beat Iowa when Iowa was ranked #13 a couple years ago. They'd beat half the teams in d1.

vCash

State is 9-3

Do ya still think Will has a chance at a long NFL career or is that pretty much dead in the water?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We will not beat Auburn. Finley and Ashford are run threats. And we are incapable of scoring enough to win it.
    Bullshit we can certainly beat Auburn. They scored 12 points at home yesterday. The SEC west hasn't been this down since I can remember. Just about anyone can beat anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Do ya still think Will has a chance at a long NFL career or is that pretty much dead in the water?
    I think someone will give Will a chance because of his lineage with Leach and in general he makes good decisions with the ball. But my guess is he would be more of a backup QB.

I think he comes back next year and if he can cut out the bullshit "I'm scared because it's LSU" then we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Sawyer will beat out Will next year. Mark that down on your calendar
    I doubt that, since Sawyer is probably wearing a different logo before that happens.

vCash
    We will beat auburn and pray we can beat 1 more sec team get to a bowl.

Bryce young - run threat
    Jayden Daniels - run threat
    Jaxson dart - run threat
    Kj Jefferson - run threat
    Max johnson - run threat
    Tj finley - run threat
    Will Rogers - sack threat .
    You would trade Rogers for all those guys? You're nuts. He played bad. Yes. But he's better than several young listed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You would trade Rogers for all those guys? You're nuts. He played bad. Yes. But he's better than several young listed.
    I'm assuming that last sentence should be "you listed". In no way is Rogers better than young. I agree with your post if my assumption is right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Corral would?ve taken off 10+ times a game to gain yardage and get first downs and extend drives and not get sacked for 15 yards when any pressure happens.

I love will rogers as a person but his immobility is going to end up getting his coach fired .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not in the air raid no. But what I?m saying is , it a running threat adds a game changing threat to an offense that a defense will have to respect , defenses will have to think twice about everything they do because they will have to respect the run threat .

Will Rogers poses zero threat in the run game. Defenses scheme around that and beat us because of it.

If you put a guy there that is Atleast similar to will in his throws but can scramble Atleast as good as basically any other QB in college football that doesn?t play at Iowa. We would be a lot better

His immobility has put a ceiling on this offense . I think Leach knows that but he doesn?t trust sawyer yet. Which sucks?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Mobility has nothing to do with making good reads.
    Yeah, it does if he can run for a first down or chew up 20+ yards of open grass. Those were there on 4th and 1 because LSU knew Will wasn't going to run it himself.