Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will has got to go. It?s that simple .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman15 View Post
    Will didn't help but we were in the game. Austin Williams completely took the air out of the team. In his 10 year long career I cannot recall a moment where Austin swung the momentum in our favor but I can recall multiple times where he helped swing the momentum in favor of the away team. I don't think Austin Williams should touch the field again he does nothing special and is not "Mr. Reliable"
    AW caught a 4th and goal to go touchdown that WILL threaded last week that was a huge momentum boost. Dude is a clutch third down receiver. You guys are ridiculous with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Kind of got the "happy feet" at times.
    That's what happens when you have a right tackle getting dominated and the coach doesn't do anything to help him. And we don't have play action or roll outs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    AW caught a 4th and goal to go touchdown that WILL threaded last week that was a huge momentum boost. Dude is a clutch third down receiver. You guys are ridiculous with this.
    Yeah Austin didn't lose that game, he had a mistake just like most everyone on the team including the staff. There was ample opportunity for us to put that game away before that fumble. Austin's had some big catches for us and I like him as a possession receiver but I wish we would go to zavion as our full time punt returner now.

vCash
    Is there no possible way they Will can scramble out of the pocket and make a play? Nobody is wants him to be Michael Vick, but he doesn't give their defense a reason to respect him once the pocket breaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Is there no possible way they Will can scramble out of the pocket and make a play? Nobody is wants him to be Michael Vick, but he doesn't give their defense a reason to respect him once the pocket breaks.
    I think Will will have a successful year and he should not be replaced, however I don?t believe he can scramble.

I?m older than dirt and I?m pretty sure I could run him down without too much difficulty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Not in the air raid no. But what I?m saying is , it a running threat adds a game changing threat to an offense that a defense will have to respect , defenses will have to think twice about everything they do because they will have to respect the run threat .

Will Rogers poses zero threat in the run game. Defenses scheme around that and beat us because of it.

If you put a guy there that is Atleast similar to will in his throws but can scramble Atleast as good as basically any other QB in college football that doesn?t play at Iowa. We would be a lot better

His immobility has put a ceiling on this offense . I think Leach knows that but he doesn?t trust sawyer yet. Which sucks?.
    If S. Robertson is even close to Will in the passing game, I would like to see what he could do. It seems there would be a lot of room to run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Good grief, someone please archive this thread..... "oh no the wind is blowing out of the south today "......"next week it will blow out of the north "..... The back up QB is always the most favorite person on the team until he's the starter to which the 3rd string guy becomes the favorite! just a fact of fandom. yall carry on.
    What?s the word I?m looking for when you do the same thing but expect a different outcome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach is changing his system. He's running the ball more. I believe he is also going to utilize more of a dual threat QB with Sawyer and Parson. This offense is evolving. I'm not bailing on Leach until we see Sawyer run this offense. If it's more of the same as last night then it's definitely time to move on.
    Absolutely!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If S. Robertson is even close to Will in the passing game, I would like to see what he could do. It seems there would be a lot of room to run.
    If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.

vCash
    Austin's fumble and holding on the 90 yard return = 14 points score swing that was lost = lost game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If teams drop 7-8 in zone, wouldn't that make it a little difficult for a qb to take off. Seems those guys would be watching the qb.
    If they drop 8 into coverage and the QB takes off running to the right , a defender will be taken out of coverage and a receiver can then become open

vCash
    But it just adds a whole new element to the offense because on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 , when you go to hand the ball off to the receiver , the defender will have to think twice about just going for the running back because a mobile QB ( like a Nick fitzgerald like a Dak prescott ) can just take off and get a 1st down so they won?t just sell out to stop the running back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    What?s the word I?m looking for when you do the same thing but expect a different outcome
    I see what you did there.... clever.... but I will play along, its called insanity.
    Now what's the word I'm looking for when you get what you ask for when the 2nd string guy is the 2nd string guy for a reason?!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Sawyer passed Greek and Lovertich quickly through spring and fall. He was running with the 1s through a lot of fall camp. I'm not saying he's ready but he has vastly improved in this offense. I think we see him a lot during the second half of Bowling Green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    Training.

Growth.

Development.

How many you looking for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Since our OL really doesn't give too good of protection, I guess it's pretty mandatory that we have to have someone who can move from the pocket. If we had a great OL, I think Rogers would do fine. Also, our W/R's didn't appear to be very focused against LSU. Lot of drops and didn't appear to be giving their best effort in my opinion. Can't pin that on Rogers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Sawyer passed Greek and Lovertich quickly through spring and fall. He was running with the 1s through a lot of fall camp. I'm not saying he's ready but he has vastly improved in this offense. I think we see him a lot during the second half of Bowling Green.
    My son and I went to the second scrimmage. I don't know if Sawyer was running with the ones or twos against the same or what. He did look to have quick feet and did not hesitate to roll out when the pocket broke down. He made one long run, but it may have been called back. He looks like he can use his legs to extend the play or run for plus yards , but did make some bad throws from poor decision making. He is at present the 2nd string QB, a very popular person.

vCash
    Yes, but just need 2 or 3 yards a lot of the time. If it turns out there is no running space, then it will never work with Leach. A mobile QB is my last shread of hope for this outdated offense.

vCash
    Here's the problem w the thought of a mobile qb that keeps being floated around- nobody disagrees that a more mobile qb would help, but there's this huge assumption you can find one that's mobile, has as good of accuracy as WIll and has equal decision making. Basically that's the perfect guy. I get it. Odds of find that guy just aren't good. Sawyer, more mobile- great, what do you give up??? The most important part of THIS offense is accuracy. I've stated it more than once, Will wasn't good. But sawyer isn't going to be our qb anytime soon. Matter of fact, barring injury, I don't expect him to ever be, I figure he'll leave.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 09-20-2022 at 09:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here's the problem w the thought of a mobile qb that keeps being floated around- nobody disagrees that a more mobile qb would help, but there's this huge assumption you can find one that's mobile, has as good of accuracy as WIll and has equal decision making. Basically that's the perfect guy. I get it. Odds of find that guy just aren't good. Sawyer, more mobile- great, what do you give up??? The most important part of THIS offense is accuracy. I've stated it more than once, Will wasn't good. But sawyer isn't going to be our qb anytime soon. Matter of fact, barring injury, I don't him to ever be, I figure he'll leave.
    I agree, with this offense you never want a run first guy and players that have the accuracy but can run like a RB are extremely rare.....you really just want an accurate q b who is also athletic enough to buy time, run for an occasional first down and avoid a sack. Robertson and Locke are both guys that can do that.

I don’t agree Sawyer won’t be the starter here. Locke may be the best of them all.