Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems and more problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I don?t see us winning any SEC games this year. Not with the talent we have currently on the Oline and Dline. Tonight is the reason so many people in the media dogshit us every chance they get. Y?all wanted minutes on the SEC network? Well you will see a bunch of it now in regards to our shitty play
    Tonight is why we are wanted and considered to be the Vanderbilt of the west . I?m sick to my stomach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We had wide open receivers all night. Will missed checks, throws, and got stuck on his 1st WR a lot.
    Nobody was good tonight except our first punt returner. He was about it.
    We will just have to disagree here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree with this. I hate that guy
    I don't hate Morrishead, I hate Mullen for ditching us. He's the one that ****ed us the bastard. He knew what he had returning and left because he thought he was the shit. His reputation speaks for itself now.

vCash
    Mullen bailing on us in 2018 just sux. I get it. He wanted the bigger job. Tenn and Fla are bigger jobs. But damnnnnnnn. He had built an animal heading into 2018. We could have been so good
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Does anyone here think that any of the remaining opponents on our schedule fear playing us. Most teams except maybe a very weak OOC team circles us as a win the rest of the year. Sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen bailing on us in 2018 just sux. I get it. He wanted the bigger job. Tenn and Fla are bigger jobs. But damnnnnnnn. He had built an animal heading into 2018. We could have been so good
    Don't think Ill ever completely get over that one. Dan had a shot to get us to Atlanta and the playoffs. What coulda been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I dread the rebuild the next coach will have. Leach is going to leave almost zero SEC talent. He'll inherit small, pass catching RBs who can't run, soft OL, statue QBs, and no TEs. D talent is rapidly decreasing too. Jett Johnson ain't an SEC caliber LB, at least not in pass coverage. It'll take at least 3-5 years for whoever follows Leach to straighten out the mess, and likely longer. Cohen torpedoed football just to prove he was smarter than every SEC AD in the last 25 who never hired Leach.
    Transfer portal allows for quick rebuilds. Non factor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    It just hurts literally watching any other college football game on tv and seeing every quarterback making plays with his feet .
    This.

Until we play 11 on 11 with a QB that can move, we?re just limited.

vCash
    This has to be a joke. My man, will was horrendous today. Yes the WR dropped balls but Will was also throwing behind and making bad reads all game. dude has zero escapability and eats sacks on free 7 yard scrambles. The audacity to say WE have an agenda. It?s time to admit it, it?s ok

vCash
    That great OOC powerhouse, AZ, we beat after our bedtime is ahead 17-14 with North Dakota State at halftime at AZ.

vCash
    Bucky how can you disagree? This isn?t subjective, anyone can pull up the tape. I get you love Will but my god man, be a Mississippi State fan before an individual player. He had an awful game, it?s okay to say it and look to next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Look man- if you'll read everything I've ever said about WIll Ibcluding tonight, I've said he'll win us more than he'll lose. He's our guy and he's by far the best we have etc etc. you'll know I'm not anti Will. However, to say he played ok is giving him a pass. He was t good at all and that's the throwing part. The last int should have been a td. Instead it was game over. That's the problem, I can compliment him and criticize. You have Will glasses. And yeah- maybe if we don't drop the 3&2 on the first drive of the half you never one. But we did. Here's to the good Will coming from here out.
    Will wasn't good. But the whole team wasn't good either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    That great OOC powerhouse, AZ, we beat after our bedtime is ahead 17-14 with North Dakota State at halftime at AZ.
    Don't laugh at North Dakota State they are the bama of D2 and they beat a D1 team every year. There extremely well coached and produce draft picks every year. They would give pretty much any D 1 team a game

vCash
    Let's be honest. We typically play like shit against LSU. Especially in Baton Rouge. It's a tough place to play. And why I didn't go ahead and make any predictions about us winning. It was worse in 1998. And that team won the SEC while LSU stayed home for bowl season.

Now don't get me wrong- that's not excusing anything tonight. Most of the reason why we lost is on us because we didn't play well. Yeah- Will was bad. He didn't even attempt to throw it deep. Held onto the ball too long. Was indecisive. All of that. And then for the cherry on top he threw a pick when we had a guy running free down the post not even really covered and would have been a TD and a chance to kick on onsides kick which we would have screwed up but would have made the score closer. I don't think I've seen a Leach team drop so many passes. And Harvey needs to play less and Walley needs to play more. Our fans can talk about "mobile/dual threat QB" all they want but Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been able to get away from some of the offensive line ole's tonight. And how many 4th and 1's did we get stoned on because they just got beat?

Defense was OK. They're just not athletic. And he needs to stop putting Collin Duncan out there on the other teams better receiver. Put Forbes in at slot CB and then play Banks and Richarson at the other CB spots and sit Duncan unless it's a running situation. And we are still awful at tackling mobile QB's. We make all of them look like Mike Vick.

It's time for someone to tell Leach to fire Washington, move Mele back to running backs coach and hire a real special teams coach. No reason why we can't get one of the best in the country. I don't think we're much better than last year on special teams. We've missed three extra points all year. And then we muffed the punt and that killed any momentum for us the rest of the game. Austin doesn't make very many mistakes- but when he does it's at the worst possible time. And great job by whoever held on Tulu's KO return that would have given us some momentum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Don't laugh at North Dakota State they are the bama of D2 and they beat a D1 team every year. There extremely well coached and produce draft picks every year. They would give pretty much any D 1 team a game
    Didn't know. Just very concerned after our loss tonight. I think we have also been exposed of lack of team speed at LB and pass D at safety no better than last year. After all the preseason hype about our DE's, what is our problem with lack of sacks, scheme? Are our WR's soft against tough DB's? OT play shaky with little help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah North Dakota state has been consistently good. They are probably better than Arizona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Yeah North Dakota state has been consistently good. They are probably better than Arizona.
    Yeah I've been watching them play just about every week for the last 10 years. They've won 9 national championships since 2011 and 18 overall. They are well coached and play hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Speaking of poor takes:

Shrader has Syracuse's sorry ass 3-0 right now.

Fitz threw for over 6,000 yards and 55 TD's at QB for Miss State. Fitz averaged 3,300 yards of Toal Offense per season at QB. That's pretty phucking good.
    Yep. Shrader > Will. Any dual threat QB > Will. Leach's QB philosophy is stuck in the 90s.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Transfer portal allows for quick rebuilds. Non factor
    Who's transferring to a dumpster fire? We haven't used the portal effectively yet. Why do you think we'll use it effectively in the future?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Who's transferring to a dumpster fire? We haven't used the portal effectively yet. Why do you think we'll use it effectively in the future?
    Maybe we'll learn how to use it?

Honestly the biggest I see with us using the portal so far is very Mississippi State. We're too nice to whoever the current group of players are. Happened in both baseball and football. "Well.....we already have So and so at LB so why do we need to get this guy who is better?"

I think we're going to have to start being a little more honest and create more competition with our teams than we would maybe like to in some circles. To me it looks like we probably should have paid a little more attention to OT, DE and LB.