Thread: Problems and more problems

vCash

Problems and more problems

1. Got out coached in every phase.
    2. Will Rogers is not the answer.
    3. Special Teams has been a joke for 3 years
    4. Defensive talent is depleted in the front 7
    5. OL talent is depleted

It's time to start looking for another path. This one is going to end poorly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    5. OL talent is depleted

End poorly? It's poor currently

vCash
    the sooner the better I've seen enough to know the outcome of too many games and it's never good. FIRE LEACH AND COHEN now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    End poorly? It's poor currently
    You ain't seen nothing yet

vCash
    I agree. Most State fans were shocked when we hired leach. We all knew he wouldn't work out here. It was a bad hire and a terrible fit.

vCash
    I dread the rebuild the next coach will have. Leach is going to leave almost zero SEC talent. He'll inherit small, pass catching RBs who can't run, soft OL, statue QBs, and no TEs. D talent is rapidly decreasing too. Jett Johnson ain't an SEC caliber LB, at least not in pass coverage. It'll take at least 3-5 years for whoever follows Leach to straighten out the mess, and likely longer. Cohen torpedoed football just to prove he was smarter than every SEC AD in the last 25 who never hired Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I dread the rebuild the next coach will have. Leach is going to leave almost zero SEC talent. He'll inherit small, pass catching RBs who can't run, soft OL, statue QBs, and no TEs. D talent is rapidly decreasing too. Jett Johnson ain't an SEC caliber LB, at least not in pass coverage. It'll take at least 3-5 years for whoever follows Leach to straighten out the mess, and likely longer. Cohen torpedoed football just to prove he was smarter than every SEC AD in the last 25 who never hired Leach.
    Cohen needs to be accountable for this phuked up hire and be gone yesterday.

vCash
    I saw Croom and Moorhead

vCash
    The season is not over. I dont think Tom Brady would have been the answer with 7 drops and running inside zone vs double edge pressure. We pissed this one away like we have down there 100 times. Forbes and Watson really made some selfish selfish plays. Our offense played really greedy in the first half and played really poorly in the 4th and their DL teed off on us. THAT was our Leach game. Not Arizona. Glad it is out of the way for the year

vCash
    Special teams (fg & PATs) have been a joke for at least 6 years.

I counted 4 dropped first downs over the middle with no defender within 5 yards. Then Will missed 2 first downs by a mile over the middle. Seems if we can't connect those quick hitters over the middle we have no offense.

Also, I brought this up last week but now it's gotten more interesting/concerning. Our opponents have not been flagged for 1 holding penalty this season that I recall. No Way in hell if called straight that is even remotely possible after 3 games. I guess if your DL is pure sh** it's possible but even then...
    Last edited by chainedup_Dawg; 09-17-2022 at 09:25 PM.

vCash
    I saw Croom and Moorhead
    Hey, I saw Shira as a young pup when my late Father got me into a lifetime of this. Once you're in, there is no going back, and it seldom gets easier. I guess those voters in the Coaches" Poll knew something about our talent level compared with most of the other SEC (not counting vandy, of course)!

vCash
    Wow so many awful takes here lol

1) Leach has built a solid culture everywhere he's been so the odds of a JoMo/Sherrell type derailing is nil. the next coach will inherit a solif culture and won't have to run players off.

2) As far as talent, we have the best RB room since Aerris Williams graduated, the best WR room ever, OL recruiting is going better than it has since pre-Mullen and overall 247 rankings have us about where we always are, #25-30ish. Yall are remember SImmons/Sweat/Abrams and acting like that's the usual leve of talent for us, ignoring the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2016s.

3) we really going to say the next coach will have bad QBs to work with? COME ON! Leach is bringing in 4*s with elite arm talent, and Parsons is a dual threat. Mullen left us with a TE in Fitz. Mooread left us with a poor throwing douchebag in Shrader. Leach will leave literally 3-4 4*s with great arms.

4) we always say a good coach adapts to his players... well, if a new coach cant' adapt to a good pass blocking OL, very accurate QB, and very good WRs, he's not a good coach.

5) have any of you paid attention to the Portal at all? Half of OM's starters are transfers. A new coach could hit up the portal for a few TEs, a power RB, and a dual threat QB and run a completely different offense. The last 2 QBs we've faced are year 1 portal guys, yet we still wanna pretend the new coach has to work with what he inherits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The season is not over. I dont think Tom Brady would have been the answer with 7 drops and running inside zone vs double edge pressure. We pissed this one away like we have down there 100 times. Forbes and Watson really made some selfish selfish plays. Our offense played really greedy in the first half and played really poorly in the 4th and their DL teed off on us. THAT was our Leach game. Not Arizona. Glad it is out of the way for the year
    It ain't outta the way Bucky. You can't win in this league when you don't have TEs and you can't make in game adjustments.

vCash
    It ain't outta the way Bucky. You can't win in this league when you don't have TEs and you can't make in game adjustments.
    I totally agree I wish we would use a TE and I wish Arnett would do something else but we just aint

vCash
    I totally agree I wish we would use a TE and I wish Arnett would do something else but we just aint
    What's his reasoning on the TEs? It shows how ignorant he really is about current offensive football.

Tell me that if I give you two decent college tight ends you win this game tonight by atleast two tds. I know will and others didn't play well but it frustrates me when players aren't put in a position to succeed.
    Last edited by Cowbell; 09-17-2022 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    5. OL talent is depleted

#1 all freaking day. Really got hopes up after we was running hte ball so much early this season. This is depressing

vCash
    What's his reasoning on the TEs? It shows how ignorant he really is about current offensive football.

Tell me that if I give you two decent college tight ends you win this game tonight by atleast two tds. I know will and others didn't play well but it frustrates me when players aren't put in a position to succeed.
    Same reason the veer doesnt use 4 WRs. They just dont believe in it. We are a veer team now its the same principles

vCash
    Same reason the veer doesnt use 4 WRs. They just dont believe in it. We are a veer team now its the same principles
    This league is gonna make leach believe in it or believe in retirement in key west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    #1 all freaking day. Really got hopes up after we was running hte ball so much early this season. This is depressing
    The late, great Bear Bryant, "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad". I of course don't have the answers after about 60 years of being a State fan, but we are looking at a very long season and I have unfortunately seen far too many under many different coaches. Hope I'm wrong, but our lack of talent compared to the rest of the league teams we play this year leaves little room for error.

vCash
    We will get better. Season is not over