Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
I'm not going to pile on the current coach or praise a past coach. In just looking at this current team, we have some glaring issues. Our LB's are slow. Teams that utilize speed side to side will kill us. This is mostly why Ole Miss has been beating us. We have ZERO pass rush. Our mostly 3 star and occasional 4 star DL is not getting it done. Having an offense that does not utilize a mobile QB is bad. Two problems here. Our current starter is the slowest person I've ever seen and our coach will not utilize a mobile QB (if we had one). I don't have problem with the offense, but damn, if we had a QB that could keep it and run at least 5 times a game, things would open up more for the WR. And the WR's can't catch a damn cold. So many crucial drops.

1) Mobile QB with some occasional runs
2) Pressure the QB with better DL
3) Faster LB's
4) WR's who can catch a pass

We are a 6-6 team at best. If we had those above, we are a 10-2 team.
#1 is the biggest problem. It just is and people will defend Will like he's their son. But damn if you look around the country it seems like everyone from Alabama to East New Mexico A&M has a QB that can scramble out of the pocket when the pocket collapses, look downfield , decide whether to throw or run for positive yards. We are the only school in the SEC that cant do that and its like trying to run with a Cinder Block Chained to your leg.