Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: I've Officially Jumped Ship

  1. #1
    Senior Member msu15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    1,617
    vCash
    1053100

    I've Officially Jumped Ship

    I can't put properly in to words how disappointed I am. I'm at the stadium and this is just miserable. We had a chance to do something that we haven't done since Dan was here by starting the season 3-0 and 1-0 in the SEC and we just flat out blew it. We don't have a guy in that locker room that can wear the jockstrap of Dak, Preston, JRob, Bear, BMac, etc. I thought our team supposedly had a bunch of veteran leadership? This offense is so easy to bottle up that it makes me want to puke. I also wish Arnett wasn't immune to an adjustment. How about a QB spy? What about using a third corner back instead of asking Colin Duncan to press man cover a slot receiver? Tyson Brown is also incredibly overrated as a strength and conditioning coach. C34 you were right. Msstate you were right. Homedawg you were right. I could go on. Leach isn't the guy and once again Cohen fumbled the snap. I'll hang up and go back into read only obscurity. Y'all be good.
    Jans is the Man!

  2. #2
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    66,701
    vCash
    10439
    We don't have a coach like mullen

  3. #3
    Senior Member War Machine Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    N5 London Colney
    Posts
    10,364
    vCash
    3921
    We tried a spy. Our LBs are slow as hell to the edge and in open field. QB just beat them to the edge. D largely played it's ass off and gave us every opportunity to win until they ran out of gas. Bigger problem is an inability to get home with the pass rush.

    I'd absolutely kill for a FOCUSED Mullen with Arnett as his DC. We'd wreck some teams.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,789
    vCash
    3100
    The Titanic is now taking on water.

    Be careful getting out of Baton Rouge

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,206
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I can't put properly in to words how disappointed I am. I'm at the stadium and this is just miserable. We had a chance to do something that we haven't done since Dan was here by starting the season 3-0 and 1-0 in the SEC and we just flat out blew it. We don't have a guy in that locker room that can wear the jockstrap of Dak, Preston, JRob, Bear, BMac, etc. I thought our team supposedly had a bunch of veteran leadership? This offense is so easy to bottle up that it makes me want to puke. I also wish Arnett wasn't immune to an adjustment. How about a QB spy? What about using a third corner back instead of asking Colin Duncan to press man cover a slot receiver? Tyson Brown is also incredibly overrated as a strength and conditioning coach. C34 you were right. Msstate you were right. Homedawg you were right. I could go on. Leach isn't the guy and once again Cohen fumbled the snap. I'll hang up and go back into read only obscurity. Y'all be good.
    We did spy at times but a spy is worthless if the spy can't run w him. You can't spy w a db. That's a complete change of defense. But it's a bad loss... again

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    636
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I can't put properly in to words how disappointed I am. I'm at the stadium and this is just miserable. We had a chance to do something that we haven't done since Dan was here by starting the season 3-0 and 1-0 in the SEC and we just flat out blew it. We don't have a guy in that locker room that can wear the jockstrap of Dak, Preston, JRob, Bear, BMac, etc. I thought our team supposedly had a bunch of veteran leadership? This offense is so easy to bottle up that it makes me want to puke. I also wish Arnett wasn't immune to an adjustment. How about a QB spy? What about using a third corner back instead of asking Colin Duncan to press man cover a slot receiver? Tyson Brown is also incredibly overrated as a strength and conditioning coach. C34 you were right. Msstate you were right. Homedawg you were right. I could go on. Leach isn't the guy and once again Cohen fumbled the snap. I'll hang up and go back into read only obscurity. Y'all be good.
    LMAO!

    WOW!

  7. #7
    Senior Member SailingDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,833
    vCash
    3850

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,955
    vCash
    3700
    You Dan lovers make me puke. He couldn’t win at Florida. He averaged 7 wins while at State. 17 Dan. Leach has beat more ranked teams than Dan did in the same time frame. Plus Leach played a full season against SEC teams. Dan lost to South Alabama while wearing shorts.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,056
    vCash
    7855
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You Dan lovers make me puke. He couldn?t win at Florida. He averaged 7 wins while at State. 17 Dan. Leach has beat more ranked teams than Dan did in the same time frame. Plus Leach played a full season against SEC teams. Dan lost to South Alabama while wearing shorts.
    Amen

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,789
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You Dan lovers make me puke. He couldn?t win at Florida. He averaged 7 wins while at State. 17 Dan. Leach has beat more ranked teams than Dan did in the same time frame. Plus Leach played a full season against SEC teams. Dan lost to South Alabama while wearing shorts.
    I'm not a Mullen lover but Dan did some good things and is a good coach. I am not a Leach hater even though I don't like is O style.

    So is getting a good win or so a year the only thing that matters? Leach has laid a lot of eggs in 2.3 years. Leach has an overall losing record to date as well, never beat OM.

    The other thing is we are less talented now than since the Croom era. I don't think Dan had a team less talented than Leach has had here each year. Dan didn't get the high profile players but he put a ton in NFL and left Moorhead big talent.

    What will it be when Leach leaves? JWS left Croom a lot of talent. Mullen left a lot. Croom left Dan nothing but Dixion and a few players.

    Everybody has their guy at MSU - from Bellard, Jackie, Mullen or Leach. Don't make it so personal.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21,133
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'm not a Mullen lover but Dan did some good things and is a good coach. I am not a Leach hater even though I don't like is O style.

    So is getting a good win or so a year the only thing that matters? Leach has laid a lot of eggs in 2.3 years. Leach has an overall losing record to date as well, never beat OM.

    The other thing is we are less talented now than since the Croom era. I don't think Dan had a team less talented than Leach has had here each year. Dan didn't get the high profile players but he put a ton in NFL and left Moorhead big talent.

    What will it be when Leach leaves? JWS left Croom a lot of talent. Mullen left a lot. Croom left Dan nothing but Dixion and a few players.

    Everybody has their guy at MSU - from Bellard, Jackie, Mullen or Leach. Don't make it so personal.
    You're wrong about croom not leaving Dan talent. 20 players on that 2009 team played in the nfl. Dan had plenty of talent.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,857
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You're wrong about croom not leaving Dan talent. 20 players on that 2009 team played in the nfl. Dan had plenty of talent.
    I was just contemplating posting this. The Oline Croom left behind was probably Dan's best Oline until 2017. There were 2 very good NFL players at least on that Oline maybe 3 ... not sure I'd have to go check.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21,133
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I was just contemplating posting this. The Oline Croom left behind was probably Dan's best Oline until 2017. There were 2 very good NFL players at least on that Oline maybe 3 ... not sure I'd have to go check.
    And the defense was loaded with nfl talent. Now skill position players were lacking accept for Dixon and Ducre, but ol, rbs and defense were talented.

    ETA even the 2 deep on that ol was talented.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-18-2022 at 06:46 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,648
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You Dan lovers make me puke. He couldn’t win at Florida. He averaged 7 wins while at State. 17 Dan. Leach has beat more ranked teams than Dan did in the same time frame. Plus Leach played a full season against SEC teams. Dan lost to South Alabama while wearing shorts.
    I actually agree with this post. Stop posting about Dan freaking Mullen.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21,133
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I actually agree with this post. Stop posting about Dan freaking Mullen.
    Amen! He's gone and he screwed us when he left.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,789
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You're wrong about croom not leaving Dan talent. 20 players on that 2009 team played in the nfl. Dan had plenty of talent.
    Yeah I agree. I guess I meant those that were playing and contributing. They were all very young that did big things later. Croom gets some credit I guess although we know what kind of recruiter Croom was.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,789
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I actually agree with this post. Stop posting about Dan freaking Mullen.
    Agree but this is what you get when people see no hope in the present or future so they want to go back to the past. If Leach or AD or someone would give some hope for now and future it would change people's perspective.

    MSU is tired of sucking.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,789
    vCash
    3100
    For those on the talent issue.

    What will Leach leave?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    21,133
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah I agree. I guess I meant those that were playing and contributing. They were all very young that did big things later. Croom gets some credit I guess although we know what kind of recruiter Croom was.
    Yeah he left us with defense, ol, rbs but the most important position of qb was brutal(although mullen made relf serviceable) the wr position was horrendous, although Brandon McRae stayed on an nfl roster for a couple years. Croom was just pretty much bad all the way around

  20. #20
    Senior Member Really Clark?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,768
    vCash
    3100
    Bringing back a coach hardly ever works. Really can't think of one in the modern era. Liked Mullen when he was here but when a coach leaves, it's better to not try relive past success. Mack Brown is trying at NC but I don't see them playing like they did at his peak.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.