Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Officially Jumped Ship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Bringing back a coach hardly ever works. Really can't think of one in the modern era. Liked Mullen when he was here but when a coach leaves, it's better to not try relive past success. Mack Brown is trying at NC but I don't see them playing like they did at his peak.
    It's rare that it works very true. Bill Snyder and Chris Ault both were successful in their second terms at HC at KSU and Nevada but I can't think of any others

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    You Dan lovers make me puke. He couldn’t win at Florida. He averaged 7 wins while at State. 17 Dan. Leach has beat more ranked teams than Dan did in the same time frame. Plus Leach played a full season against SEC teams. Dan lost to South Alabama while wearing shorts.
    This^^^
    I don’t give a f if you don’t want t be here but at least finish coaching the season and that goes for Geoff Collins sorry ass too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    For those on the talent issue.

What will Leach leave?
    Hard to tell yet. All of his recruits are Sophs & Frosh. Almost none are playing yet. The players he's playing with now are all Moorhead recruits (excepting NIL players and I'll count Will too since Leach recruited him at WSU). Leach probably won't get to coach his players when they're Seniors since everyone wants him gone after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah he left us with defense, ol, rbs but the most important position of qb was brutal(although mullen made relf serviceable) the wr position was horrendous, although Brandon McRae stayed on an nfl roster for a couple years. Croom was just pretty much bad all the way around
    Dan made us competitive with Tyson Lee first then Relf delivered the Egg Bowl blow.

I don't remember many on the Croom D that played that made the NFL, maybe a few. I think most were young players that came up later and developed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    We tried a spy. Our LBs are slow as hell to the edge and in open field. QB just beat them to the edge. D largely played it's ass off and gave us every opportunity to win until they ran out of gas. Bigger problem is an inability to get home with the pass rush.

I'd absolutely kill for a FOCUSED Mullen with Arnett as his DC. We'd wreck some teams.
    Dan was mainly focused on his annual job search (and what did it get him?), after he got destroyed every year by bama and didn't prepare for OM. Tell me again what his record was against Top 25 opponents. I'll wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    What is that golden object as your avatar? Haven't seen it in the Football Bldg in a while.

vCash
    It's rare that it works very true. Bill Snyder and Chris Ault both were successful in their second terms at HC at KSU and Nevada but I can't think of any others
    I remembered Ault but was thinking of P5 programs. He actually coached them 3 different times I believe. Forgot Synder though. Not quite as good as the first time through but pretty dang close.

vCash
    Dan made us competitive with Tyson Lee first then Relf delivered the Egg Bowl blow.

I don't remember many on the Croom D that played that made the NFL, maybe a few. I think most were young players that came up later and developed.
    11 players on the 2 deep on that 2009 defense made nfl rosters. Johnathan Banks, Jamar Chaney, KJ Wright, Chris White, Kyle Love, Josh Boyd, Pernell McPhee, Fletcher Cox, Charles Mitchell, Corey Broomfield, Cameron Lawrence. That 2 deep was loaded with talent. Banks, Broomfield, Chaney, Wright, White, Boyd, Love, McPhee, Mitchell were all starters. 9 starters made nfl rosters and most played for years.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-18-2022 at 07:38 PM.

vCash

Dan left us empty. Dan won 7 game per year. It took dan from 2009 to 2014 to crap the bed with his best team against bama and then Ole Miss. He never reach that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I remembered Ault but was thinking of P5 programs. He actually coached them 3 different times I believe. Forgot Synder though. Not quite as good as the first time through but pretty dang close.
    Yeah there haven't been many that made it good the second time around. I really liked Ault, he could coach.

Banned
    vCash
    11 players on the 2 deep on defense made nfl rosters. Johnathan Banks, Jamar Chaney, KJ Wright, Chris White, Kyle Love, Josh Boyd, Pernell McPhee, Fletcher Cox, Charles Mitchell, Cameron Lawrence. That 2 deep was loaded with talent. Banks, Chaney, Wright, White, Boyd, Love, McPhee, Mitchell were all starters. 8 starters made nfl rosters and most played for years.
    2010 with Cam is an undefeated team. Sickening not to give him the money considering where the sport has gone since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    2010 with Cam is an undefeated team. Sickening not to give him the money considering where the sport has gone since.
    100% agree. The amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball and the ol would've been hard to beat!

vCash
    If we had done that, made the NC game, and it came out the couple of weeks before NC game .... NCAA would've booted our ass out of NC game and stuck Bama in it. And the SEC would've been behind that 100%.

vCash
    Yeah there haven't been many that made it good the second time around. I really liked Ault, he could coach.
    Yes he could

vCash
    YEP!!!!!

vCash
    Agree but this is what you get when people see no hope in the present or future so they want to go back to the past. If Leach or AD or someone would give some hope for now and future it would change people's perspective.

MSU is tired of sucking.
    Our"AD" is an in-house promoted, ex-baseball coach, who has been in over his head since day one, although he did sit in on a few meetings to interview coaching candidates before his promotion and he did "stay at a Holiday Inn a few nights" therefore making him the smartest person in all rooms in his non-humble opinion. Our coaching hires and the so called Game Day Experience have been jokes during his time in this very important position. I rank him right down there with Larry.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 09-18-2022 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    We should acknowledge that Dan Mullen was an absolutely a net positive for MSU. Especially since he had to recruit against Freeze
    in the anything goes era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    We should acknowledge that Dan Mullen was an absolutely a net positive for MSU. Especially since he had to recruit against Freeze
    in the anything goes era.
    2 things helped Dan--Dak and he followed the worst Coach in SEC history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I was just contemplating posting this. The Oline Croom left behind was probably Dan's best Oline until 2017. There were 2 very good NFL players at least on that Oline maybe 3 ... not sure I'd have to go check.
    I may have reading comprehension issues, but I think y?all both just made the point about Mullen being a good coach. How you ask?

He took an offensive line that Croom brought in that was absolutely destroyed by most opponents in 2008, and these eyes witnessed in person that Oline getting run slap over in the 48-0 2008 Egg Bowl where State had negative rushing yards and less than 150 total yards of offense, and with the help of a pedestrian Oline Coach, turned them into NFL quality linemen in less than 2 years! They weren?t talented, but they became talented under Mullen.

vCash
    I'm not going to pile on the current coach or praise a past coach. In just looking at this current team, we have some glaring issues. Our LB's are slow. Teams that utilize speed side to side will kill us. This is mostly why Ole Miss has been beating us. We have ZERO pass rush. Our mostly 3 star and occasional 4 star DL is not getting it done. Having an offense that does not utilize a mobile QB is bad. Two problems here. Our current starter is the slowest person I've ever seen and our coach will not utilize a mobile QB (if we had one). I don't have problem with the offense, but damn, if we had a QB that could keep it and run at least 5 times a game, things would open up more for the WR. And the WR's can't catch a damn cold. So many crucial drops.

1) Mobile QB with some occasional runs
    2) Pressure the QB with better DL
    3) Faster LB's
    4) WR's who can catch a pass

We are a 6-6 team at best. If we had those above, we are a 10-2 team.