Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad loss

vCash

Bad loss

Lsu isn't good... wr drops awful. Rogers not good. On and on. My 7-5 preseason bout right

vCash
    I can't see Rogers being any better than he currently is. If this is his peak then we might as well let someone with more arm talent take their lumps.

vCash
    Let's see Sawyer and Austin Williams on the sideline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Lsu isn't good... wr drops awful. Rogers not good. On and on. My 7-5 preseason bout right
    I can’t see seven wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I can't see Rogers being any better than he currently is. If this is his peak then we might as well let someone with more arm talent take their lumps.
    Anyone that thinks he's an nfl qb is crazy. With that said, He's a solid college qb. He had a bad game in decisions and throwing. He'll be fine. But he's not nfl. He's starting here 2 more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    I can’t see seven wins.
    I think we get to 7. We should be in every game except 2. Might not but .... lots of mediocre in college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Let's see Sawyer and Austin Williams on the sideline
    Not one thing wrong with Rogers. He can't throw it to himself... He can't block for himself.

vCash
    Too many throws short of the sticks on possession plays (there is no YAC against fast defenses). And too many drops. I think of four that if caught would likely have changed the whole game.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Not one thing wrong with Rogers. He can't throw it to himself... He can't block for himself.
    Oh yeah, he was joe montana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think we get to 7. We should be in every game except 2. Might not but .... lots of mediocre in college football.
    Where are the 7 wins? I just don't see it.

vCash
    1) Will Rogers was scared shitless tonight. He's made bad pre snap reads (4th down handoffs to stacked boxes) bad post snap reads (Int), been indecisive, stared down his man, threw it harder than he needed too many times, had sloppy footwork, and was inaccurate. Some of that was point 2) and 3), but I thought he was better than this. I'm really shocked at how mentally weak Will was.

2) our RT got DESTROYED all game and we did NOTHING to help. Preseason we talked about Dolla Bill- well he looked like Cross, and Jones looked like Greg Eiland. Leach never once adjusted and they routinely got to Will very quick with just 3 rushers.

3) I haven't seen this many drops since the first year under JoMo. The WRs can catch better than this, we've seen that the last 3 seasons. That means the drops tonight are mental- our entire WR corps is mentally weak and was intimidated by an unranked LSU.

4) our defense is the WORST I've seen in years at getting pressure. Literally Peter Sermon bad. Our DL does nothing except not get shoved out of the way on run plays. Thats it, that's the extent of he positives. Not "they are good run stoppers", but "they don't get blown up on run plays so the LBs can clean things up".

5) Arnett, were are the creative blitzes from year 1? I can predict every blitz we bring pre snap. And it's like we intentionally blitz at a free blocker- no overloading the A gap, bringing a CB off the edge while the OT is engaged, or stunting to create a blitz lane. Just Wheat and/or Jett telegraph blitzing the guards as our 3 unathletic DL go up against the OTs and OC they lined up against.

6) LSU had WRs free ALL NIGHT. If they had a QB they'd have won by 30. I do not know if that's A) us getting out schemed, B) our secondary blowing assignments, or C) LSU just being more athletic. But they dominated our secondary all night.

7) Jett, Bookie, Tyrus... these are physical LBs that know what they're doing, but there is not an athletic freak among them. We cannot get around a block when blitzing, and we cannot spy a fast QB because they just aren't fast enough.

8) That FR kick returner looked damn good. Maybe now that our "sure handed" option just made the worst muff I've ever seen, we'll let him return it more.

9) Arnett knows he can't get pressure, knows his secondary isn't full of NFL guys... so his strategy is to 1) stop the inside run with physicality, 2) protect from the deep ball, 3) hope that a CB will fight through a block and blow up a WR screen to put them behind the chains. Well, in the 2nd half LSU figured out that we give them 8 yard passes, and if the QB waited 3 seconds he could run with nobody to stop him. Arnetts strategy usually works because it's college- QBs miss throws, WRS do miss blocks, and so if you take away the big play or easy inside runs the drive stalls out eventually. But LSU had the mobile QB that invalidates this plan.

10) We really did look less athletic tonight at nearly every position. It sucks to watch Nabors make plays against us knowing that the only reason he's not in maroon is $$$ and we will never be able to change that. We will always have the players we need be bought from us, and maybe that's why the team is so intimidated by the LSU's- "If I was as good as their players, why didn't they try to buy me too?"

vCash
    If you think for 2 seconds Rogers played well, then you're related to Bucky. Yes, wr bad. Rogers wasn't much better. At least in second half. Terrible decisions on multiple plays. Bad throws. Etc. again, I'm a Rogers guy. He's our qb. But tonight wasn't it for him. He will be good again and win us more than he loses. But not tonight. And I'm not putting it on him solely. But he had a part

vCash
    I'm a Rogers fan but a lot of that loss is on him. I think he would admit that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Where are the 7 wins? I just don't see it.
    Idk. 4 bc. Can win ark, A&M kentucky ole miss, auburn. Just think we get 3. Just me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Oh yeah, he was joe montana
    Yeah.. He was good enough. He put the ball in the hands of the WRS. They dropped it. Not Leach, Not Rogers.

vCash
    Yeah.. He was good enough. He put the ball in the hands of the WRS. They dropped it. Not Leach, Not Rogers.
    He's the GOAT

vCash
    Lots of criticism of Rogers, but it looked to me like our receivers were covered.

Also, Lsu held all night.

vCash
    I've always defended him, but he made some really bad throws tonight. He threw the ball behind his target all night.

Oh, and our receivers suck at catching the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Lots of criticism of Rogers, but it looked to me like our receivers were covered.

Also, Lsu held all night.
    Everyone but will, leach, and Austin's fault

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I'm a Rogers fan but a lot of that loss is on him. I think he would admit that.
    Any QB would take personal responsibility. It's what leaders do. That doesn't change facts. When the whole game is released, I will go back and count them and make a thread about it.