Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T-bob Hebert on MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Agree! They covered MSU in this video with far more depth than Bo. Bo seems to go out of his way to talk down MSU to appease his sponsors, and to drive up controversy.
    He did this morning. Gave us a 30% to win. LSU has too much talent according to him.

vCash
    i actually agreed with their assessment of state! As high as i was on the defense i have some reservations but offensively i don't think anyone will stop us completely, we are too diversified. And they were completely correct on having to tackle good against the backs or we will rip them a new one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is why I don't get everyone getting up in arms about will's poor chances are in the nfl. Newsflash: hardly anyone makes it even very good college qbs
    Exactly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i actually agreed with their assessment of state! As high as i was on the defense i have some reservations but offensively i don't think anyone will stop us completely, we are too diversified. And they were completely correct on having to tackle good against the backs or we will rip them a new one.
    The defense came out pumped for Memphis and I think the weather delay took a little of that edge off. They had to settle in with Arizona but once they did they controlled that offense except for our turnovers. I think they will be pretty pumped about this game.

vCash
    Wow! So I just listened to a LSU podcast and one of the hosts said he has heard the coaches want Daniels to STAY in the pocket more and find receivers. They don't want him scrambling every other play.

If that is true our defense will have a field day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is why I don't get everyone getting up in arms about will's poor chances are in the nfl. Newsflash: hardly anyone makes it even very good college qbs
    The debate has never been about his chances in the nfl - the debate is whether he will be drafted or not. And nobody is up in arms (except maybe Bucky). The leading QB in the SEC will get drafted and it's laughable that some people think he won't. Just remember - the cowboys drafted Ben Dinucci.

vCash
    I liked their commentary/breakdown. Not biased homers and both really know football.

T Bobs initial reaction was telling. Basically after studying our film “oh shit”

vCash
    I believe T-Bob's wife is a MSU alum LOL. I hope she is happy around 8:30 Sat night.

Will is awesome leader and very good in this offense....but If Will can't get drafted, then look for Sawyer to transfer. Will's got 2 more years after this one.

Defense can get to the QB, but has a hard time getting him to the ground once they get there. It's frustrating.

O-Line will be SEC tested for the first time. Got my fingers crossed.

vCash

Aaron Murray disagrees with T-Bob about our defense. Murray really likes Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post

Aaron Murray disagrees with T-Bob about our defense. Murray really likes Will.
    Regarding T Bob, if he thinks our D line is a weak point, then we are in pretty good shape. The D line is one of our strong points IMO, both in talent and depth.

Good points though, Wills quick release combined with blocking 5 on 3 really helps the O line out. I think LSU coaches have made some comments that they plan on switching back and forth between 3 and 4 man fronts.

vCash
    T Bob and Cole Cubelic both have pointed out our Dline might be slow on the edges though. Consistent take.

vCash
    Taking off my maroon glasses, they have a point.

R. Charlton and J. Davis haven't gotten the pressure I expected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Taking off my maroon glasses, they have a point.

R. Charlton and J. Davis haven't gotten the pressure I expected.
    I'm Charlton's defense, he was held nearly every play last week. Maybe the worst holding I've ever seen on one player in one game.