Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bama is looking bad. Jordan Rogers points out Young is the only SEC QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Really? 2 game fluke.
    They have played Utah state and Texas...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Tebow acted like Jordan predicted Southern Miss to win the national title when Jordan said Mississippi State would beat Texas A&M in Starkville
    A&M will be lucky to go 7-5.

The wheels are coming off in 10 days when Arkansas goes full Sam Pittman on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    The Bama WR are similar to what the Cowboys had going other night. BY just doesn't have great options to throw too. Plain and simple. Enjoy the down year, it don't happen much.
    I agree with this and was just about to post it. Also, the Bama OL isn't up to their standards. Take a QB, that had all day last year to one that's getting some pressure, and you get a QB that is letting it go quicker....to WR's who are not as open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    I agree with this and was just about to post it. Also, the Bama OL isn't up to their standards. Take a QB, that had all day last year to one that's getting some pressure, and you get a QB that is letting it go quicker....to WR's who are not as open.
    Jimbo ha$ out recruited them the last two years, but will not coach them to victories, as reason Sabin pitched his fits over the summer. bama will still make playoffs. Just who do you see beating them two times to prevent this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Jimbo ha$ out recruited them the last two years, but will not coach them to victories, as reason Sabin pitched his fits over the summer. bama will still make playoffs. Just who do you see beating them two times to prevent this?
    You quoted me....but when did I talk about how many games they would lose? I was replying towards the original post of Young not having long completions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I think Bama can lose 1 regular season game this season

@ Arkansas
    @ Tennessee

Then they can lose to Georgia in the SEC title game by less than 10 but I think they would then become the first 2 loss team in the CFB playoff

Auburn should've became the first 2 loss team during 2017 but they choked in the SEC title game against Georgia to get the 3rd Loss.

I think there will be so many 1 loss teams come December that this CFB playoff will be the hardest to pick the 4 teams that it has ever been.

vCash
    I think Bama can lose 1 regular season game this season

@ Arkansas
    @ Tennessee

Then they can lose to Georgia in the SEC title game by less than 10 but I think they would then become the first 2 loss team in the CFB playoff

Auburn should've became the first 2 loss team during 2017 but they choked in the SEC title game against Georgia to get the 3rd Loss.

I think there will be so many 1 loss teams come December that this CFB playoff will be the hardest to pick the 4 teams that it has ever been.
    a trend that I've seen with bama teams is that the team that is the popular team to upset them , never does and it ends up in a blowout

Such as 2021 Ole Miss
    but then then they get upset by the 2nd or 3rd best team on their schedule such as Texas a&m last year

Thats why I think Tennessee finally gets it done in Knoxville this year. Tennessee can score on the ground and in the air. I don't trust Arkansas to win through the air. And Arkansas is hyping themselves up like ole miss did last year.

State has beat Alabama since Tennessee last did

State's last win was 2007
    Tennessee's was 2006

vCash
    You quoted me....but when did I talk about how many games they would lose? I was replying towards the original post of Young not having long completions.
    My bad. Not trying to start argument. Just thought OL & WR weaker than usual implied more possible losses than years past. Hail State!

vCash
    Down year as in 11-1?

Bama ain't losing more than 1 game in the regular season this year.
    12-0 is probably more likely than 11-1.

vCash
    Bryce Young got murdered last year, buddy. I'd be shocked if he got sacked more this year.

But, you're right about the OL being suspect. Hopefully, when the get one of their better WRs back from injury, that'll help him get rid of the ball more quickly...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    I've never understood how all these all world Bama QBs haven't done anything in the pros, yet every time a new one pops up he's all world. They are all product of the Saban system. Run the ball and have freak athletes at wr. They are all game managers. I had a guy last week tell me Bryce was the next Drew Brees. I'm not sure what he's seeing I'm not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I've never understood how all these all world Bama QBs haven't done anything in the pros, yet every time a new one pops up he's all world. They are all product of the Saban system. Run the ball and have freak athletes at wr. They are all game managers. I had a guy last week tell me Bryce was the next Drew Brees. I'm not sure what he's seeing I'm not.
    Maybe they aren't difference makers, but the last 3 bama qbs are starting qbs in the nfl. There's only 32, so that' s unbelievably impressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe they aren't difference makers, but the last 3 bama qbs are starting qbs in the nfl. There's only 32, so that' s unbelievably impressive
    Jalen is considered an OU alum. They have 3 in the NFC alone and everyone blames the system at OU. None of the Bama QBs have done anything of any merit at the pro level. If they had any other pedigree they wouldn't be starting.

vCash
    Jalen is considered an OU alum. They have 3 in the NFC alone and everyone blames the system at OU. None of the Bama QBs have done anything of any merit at the pro level. If they had any other pedigree they wouldn't be starting.
    Anyway you wanna slice it, the last 3 starting qbs at bama are starting in the nfl. Young will make it 4. 4 of 32 - that's impressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Anyway you wanna slice it, the last 3 starting qbs at bama are starting in the nfl. Young will make it 4. 4 of 32 - that's impressive
    Win a playoff game and then it's impressive. Right now they are all place holders. Most of the starters in todays game are from teams where they didn't have all world teams around them. Bama QBs are surrounded by the best of the best and once they get equal talent playing around them they struggle. Will would look all world in the Bama system. Corral would've been a top 10 pick at Bama.

vCash
    Win a playoff game and then it's impressive. Right now they are all place holders. Most of the starters in todays game are from teams where they didn't have all world teams around them. Bama QBs are surrounded by the best of the best and once they get equal talent playing around them they struggle. Will would look all world in the Bama system. Corral would've been a top 10 pick at Bama.
    I tend to agree with you. Just like any Bama player they are good but get several marks better just because they are Bama. Been going on for years.

Bama been getting the Heisman past 10years just because they play at Bama. Ingram, good college back but not Heisman worthy.

vCash
    Wow.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17