Thread: Interesting Arkansas stat on Chuck Oliver show

vCash

Interesting Arkansas stat on Chuck Oliver show

Listening to Chuck on the radio a while ago and he was discussing Sam Pittman and recruiting. He said the #2 rated player in Arkansas is a 3-star DE. The #1 prospect in the state is a 4-star. And there are only a dozen 3-stars in the state. That makes for some tough recruiting. I really like Pittman. And they got some "wth laughs" when they hired him.

vCash
    Many of the past Arkansas teams were built with TX, OK, and MO kids.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    They definitely have relied on out of state kids, with East TX espeically

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Many of the past Arkansas teams were built with TX, OK, and MO kids.
    Man if Brian Kelly's era at LSU doesn't go good, I think they could steal a couple 4 stars from North Louisana

vCash
    I don't get why Ark has so much more praise than us.

Both went 3-7 with new coaches in 2020. Both took over horrible cultures. Ark had sucked under Morris and leach had to get rid of 20+ guys because of a horrible culture, playing double digit freshmen.

They went 8-4 last year and we went 7-5, the difference being the game between the two of us where we were hosed. Our win over NC state last year was better than any win in Pittman's tenure. Meanwhile, they got praised for beating a 5-7 Texas.
    Same program the last two years and Ark gets way more hype than we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Both went 3-7 with new coaches in 2020. Both took over horrible cultures. Ark had sucked under Morris and leach had to get rid of 20+ guys because of a horrible culture, playing double digit freshmen.

They went 8-4 last year and we went 7-5, the difference being the game between the two of us where we were hosed. Our win over NC state last year was better than any win in Pittman's tenure. Meanwhile, they got praised for beating a 5-7 Texas.
    Because their marketing program went ham after they got rid of Morris. And Pitman is a razorback through and through. The fill good story over Leach who is just considered an oddball story. Also we are State so?. Yeah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

I think most considered Arkansas a much bigger rebuild than MSU. I mean you guys beat Arkansas like 54-20 in 2019 right? And you didn't go 0-16 in the SEC for two years straight and lose to Western Kentucky, San Jose State, North Texas and Colorado State.

It seems like most of Arkansas' best teams in the past have been led by in-state players like McFadden, Matt Jones, Hunter Henry, Tyler Wilson, etc. but yeah the state just doesn't produce a lot of them. The transfer portal has really helped out and under Pittman Arkansas has gotten some studs from Florida and Georgia, along with Texas and Oklahoma which always produces a few for the Hogs.

vCash
    That prob was how it was perceived. Arkansas had been worse no doubt. But our culture was at least as bad abs Leach got rid of 30% of the team, playing a bunch of true freshmen.
    I think the programs are pretty equal right now.

vCash
    They also don't have a large portion of in-state media actively and purposely working against them.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I think most considered Arkansas a much bigger rebuild than MSU. I mean you guys beat Arkansas like 54-20 in 2019 right? And you didn't go 0-16 in the SEC for two years straight and lose to Western Kentucky, San Jose State, North Texas and Colorado State.

It seems like most of Arkansas' best teams in the past have been led by in-state players like McFadden, Matt Jones, Hunter Henry, Tyler Wilson, etc. but yeah the state just doesn't produce a lot of them. The transfer portal has really helped out and under Pittman Arkansas has gotten some studs from Florida and Georgia, along with Texas and Oklahoma which always produces a few for the Hogs.
    Arkansas in the last 2 years benefited from having a ton of 4th, 5th, 6th year guys during the Covid year and their additional years. Moreso than many other teams because they did not lose many to the NFL.
    MSU now has that upper classmen type of team. They are getting some recognition for the potential this year but not until they prove it in a few more games.
    The recruiting comment may hold water now, and going forward now that teams are balancing back to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Listening to Chuck on the radio a while ago and he was discussing Sam Pittman and recruiting. He said the #2 rated player in Arkansas is a 3-star DE. The #1 prospect in the state is a 4-star. And there are only a dozen 3-stars in the state. That makes for some tough recruiting. I really like Pittman. And they got some "wth laughs" when they hired him.
    is Chuck Oliver syndicated or are you around Atlanta ? I think Pittman is a good coach that is making the most of what he has and the recruiting will expand beyond the state line with his success ... I'm a fan of Pittman - genuine article with no pretensions ... Arky is def on the rebound
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    is Chuck Oliver syndicated or are you around Atlanta ? I think Pittman is a good coach that is making the most of what he has and the recruiting will expand beyond the state line with his success ... I'm a fan of Pittman - genuine article with no pretensions ... Arky is def on the rebound
    Yes, Chuck Oliver plays on 105.9 the Zone now from like 10-12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    They also don't have a large portion of in-state media actively and purposely working against them.
    this is 100% correct, Ole Miss people in the media will try to bury Mississippi State at all costs.

What Ole Miss is trying to do currently since Lane Kiffin got there is well 1st keep lane kiffin there and second destroy Mississippi State and own Mississippi . I listened to one of the ole miss podcasts, I think it was talk of champions because my ole miss cousin had it on the radio in the truck when we were on a trip to Flowood and they mentioned how that was the strategy to become a sec power and rise from the bottom was to keep kiffin and for them to dominate the egg bowl and put state away for good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    this is 100% correct, Ole Miss people in the media will try to bury Mississippi State at all costs.

What Ole Miss is trying to do currently since Lane Kiffin got there is well 1st keep lane kiffin there and second destroy Mississippi State and own Mississippi . I listened to one of the ole miss podcasts, I think it was talk of champions because my ole miss cousin had it on the radio in the truck when we were on a trip to Flowood and they mentioned how that was the strategy to become a sec power and rise from the bottom was to keep kiffin and for them to dominate the egg bowl and put state away for good.

I think they are going to find out this year that Lane Kiffin without Matt Corral isn't as good as once thought. Now he is an excellent recruiter but his play calling and player development are very suspect.

vCash

LK isn't long for Oxford.

vCash
    I think they are going to find out this year that Lane Kiffin without Matt Corral isn't as good as once thought. Now he is an excellent recruiter but his play calling and player development are very suspect.
    I don't understand this line of thinking. He's the only Coach that could actually get Matt corral to be something. He got the absolute most out of Corral that he possibly could. I get not a liking coach. But you gotta give credit where it's due. The good news is he's gonna get hired away.

vCash
    I actually have no problem letting the other teams in the conference take the hype and the media attention. We seem to lay turds when we get recognition or hype in any sporting programs. I would prefer we just cruise along and keep winning. If we keep doing that the results will speak for themselves.